Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The smarter Americans, that know a lot of Iowans first reaction would be to question the poll and it's techniques.

Iowans are typically smarter than most other states IMO....but since they are in flyover country the small minded coasters label them out of ignorance.
Oh, I'm not knocking Iowans. I agree with you 100 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 08:05 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
More evidence that being a Republican and abject stupidity go hand-in-hand.

Are there no stupid Democrats?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:10 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,720 times
Iowa and Republicans.......For some reason, when I hear those two words, I don't think of a bastion of knowledge.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Iowa and Republicans.......For some reason, when I hear those two words, I don't think of a bastion of knowledge.
You'd be wrong. Iowans tend not to be extremist nutjobs you find in other parts of the country (both left and right).

I think they have a very high concentration of "moderate" reps and dems along with a strong independent base. Probably why the state is considered an important bellweather in national elections.

Also, they are top 3 in ACT, SAT and highschool graduation rates....year after year after year.

Iowa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure where you live but my money is their state has smarter people, just sayin.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
It's scary that misinformed voters were not educated enough to realize that they were picking a non natural born citizen with a born allegiance to a foreign sovereignty (England) as their president.
It's scary that people still believe that Obama isn't a natural born citizen.

But, people are allowed to be as stupid as they want. Joy of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies