Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
If you have a dick, use the men's room. I don't see it as being any more complicated than that.
I'm very thankful I wasn't drinking my ginger ale when I got to your post...LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why?

If someone said that they were born a dog in a human body, and ran around pizzing on fire hydrants and licking their butt, they would be institutionalized.

Same difference, IMHO.
Pretty simple isn't it. I agree, My answer is no just because a guy puts on lipstick it doesn't make HIM a woman and actually neither does any operation.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Yes. Pre-surgery transgenders are required to live as their new gender for at least a year before they can even get the surgery.

Besides, who's going to do the crotch check to make sure? I know feminine looking men, and masculine looking women who are NOT transgendered. Do you really want someone going up to you and saying "you don't look like a woman/man - you have to use the other bathroom" even though you are not transgendered?

I'd bet not.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:12 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If a transgender is dressed in female attire, then the female restroom should be chosen. If the transgender is attracted to females, then doing that is no worse than a lesbian using the female restroom.

As a male I would not be comfortable in a male restroom in which someone is dressed as a woman.
And as a woman, I would not feel comfortable with a man (even one dressed up like a woman) to be in the restroom with me.

Really, considering that women are far more at risk to being attacked than men are, that our safety should be of more concern than for someone feeling "comfortable".

who was it that posted this? "if you have a dick, use the men's room". Well, they are correct! It really is that simple. Period.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
And as a woman, I would not feel comfortable with a man (even one dressed up like a woman) to be in the restroom with me.

Really, considering that women are far more at risk to being attacked than men are, that our safety should be of more concern than for someone feeling "comfortable".

who was it that posted this? "if you have a dick, use the men's room". Well, they are correct! It really is that simple. Period.
Then what do you do about lesbian females wanting to use the female restroom? Or for the guys, what do you do about homosexual males wanting to use the male restroom?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:23 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Yes. Pre-surgery transgenders are required to live as their new gender for at least a year before they can even get the surgery.

And as someone else pointed out, let them use the potty before leaving the house or frequent places that have unisex johns. Its not the rest of the world's problem.

Besides, who's going to do the crotch check to make sure? I know feminine looking men, and masculine looking women who are NOT transgendered. Do you really want someone going up to you and saying "you don't look like a woman/man - you have to use the other bathroom" even though you are not transgendered?

I'd bet not.
I guess if they are that adept at fixing themselves up to look like the opposite gender, who is going to know. What are you gonna do? I don't think anyone wants Gender Body Scanners installed. But, the Law should remain the same, and if they take the risk and are caught, then they have to deal with the consequences.

Use of opposite sex bathrooms and changing rooms should not be encouraged or sanctioned in my opinion.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what do you do about lesbian females wanting to use the female restroom? Or for the guys, what do you do about homosexual males wanting to use the male restroom?
Generally, I am very cautious about using public restrooms in general. I am always aware of my surrounds and know how to defend myself. If I see anyone in or near a restroom that I find questionable (of any gender) then I stay alert and ready or I go to another restroom.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I guess if they are that adept at fixing themselves up to look like the opposite gender, who is going to know. What are you gonna do? I don't think anyone wants Gender Body Scanners installed. But, the Law should remain the same, and if they take the risk and are caught, then they have to deal with the consequences.

Use of opposite sex bathrooms and changing rooms should not be encouraged or sanctioned in my opinion.
Please use the quote feature properly; I do not want your comments confused with mine. Thanks.

Look, there are people who think Ann Coulter must be a transgender, because she has an Adam's apple (as a minority of women do). She's not; Ms. Coulter was born female. What would you say if someone challenged her right to use the women's room because they think she looks transgendered? And what recourse do you think someone such as Ms. Coulter should have for the accusation?

I think that it would likely be easier for most transgenders to use a unisex or family restroom, but there would be people who would be horrified about that, as well. "Oh, NOEZ - that pervert used a FAMILY bathroom!" You know there are those out there who would object.

The idea that you should just go at home and never go while you're out is just ridiculous. Human physiology just doesn't necessarily work that way. One little case of food poisoning can ruin the best-laid plans. Or too much coffee. Or medication side effect. You get the picture.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:50 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Look, there are people who think Ann Coulter must be a transgender, because she has an Adam's apple (as a minority of women do). She's not; Ms. Coulter was born female. What would you say if someone challenged her right to use the women's room because they think she looks transgendered? And what recourse do you think someone such as Ms. Coulter should have for the accusation?
We're not talking people who look like Ann Coulter and I think you know that. There was recently a case of what was clearly a man wearing a dress trying to use the Macy's dressing room. When challenged, he and a group of friends did not deny him being a man; they simply screamed about his "rights" to use the women's facilities. Macy's agreed with him and fired the employee who challenged him. I don't think this is a good law. Who is to stop any man from gaining access to the womens' facilities for any reason? Its a matter of safety. Like I said, there is no way to prevent it entirely and if any transgendered or gay or just extremely feminine looking guy wants to don a dress & make up and can pass as a gal, well I guess they will and most of the time no one will know. But, it shouldn't be condoned and a clerk should have the right to challenge and deny access. As far as what recourse Ms. Coulter should have for the "accusation?" IDK, maybe a free roll of toilet paper?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:52 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
sure, why not. Belive when they "go" they are not thinking about YOU, so stop thinking someone wants to "see" you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies