Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I agree and that's why I said those who know. I wasn't saying all will know. Us men are usually able to tell who is really a woman; and vice versa with women. I'm not against this, but I'm not really for it either. I've personally have never thought about this before and now thinking about it; I can see the argument from both sides.
This is the reason I posted this thread, to make people think. Because it is an issue. I don't want to make non-TG people uncomfortable, but I don't want to make TG people upset either. I'M SO CONFLICTED!!!!! (lol, jk)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,589,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Take the issue to the next level. Not just bathrooms, that have individual stalls, but locker rooms. Gals, how would you like be at the local health club and have someone with a d**k in the shower next to you? Naked, next to you, while you're changing. Parents, how about in the locker rooms at your kids schools? How many straight guys will be a "tranny for a day" for a trip into the girls locker room?
Most transgender folks I know would not use any public shower facilities; they arrange visits to health clubs etc. in such a way they can shower privately at home later. The last thing they want to do is draw attention to themselves or worse put themselves in a situation where they would be harmed.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 AM

298 posts, read 389,944 times
I don't understand why people get so worked up over who uses which bathroom. It's not like you're naked in there; you're just peeing or pooping behind a wall, something that all human beings have to do.

Airplanes don't have male/female restrooms, yet we all manage to survive sharing space between the sexes. There's nothing wrong with a tranny using the appropriate restroom, which would be in accordance with how he/she is dressed.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Most transgender folks I know would not use any public shower facilities; they arrange visits to health clubs etc. in such a way they can shower privately at home later. The last thing they want to do is draw attention to themselves or worse put themselves in a situation where they would be harmed.
How many do you know?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:01 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I don't understand why people get so worked up over who uses which bathroom. It's not like you're naked in there; you're just peeing or pooping behind a wall, something that all human beings have to do.

Airplanes don't have male/female restrooms, yet we all manage to survive sharing space between the sexes. There's nothing wrong with a tranny using the appropriate restroom, which would be in accordance with how he/she is dressed.
People with young teenaged children are especially effected.

How would you feel about your 12 year old daughter having to share a facility (at a mall, movie theater etc.) with such a person?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Wow. Thats such an insightful answer.
Hey, *You* are the one who said that the problem lies in their brains. Seems like a logical place to start if that's true...

Old 12-21-2011, 04:56 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree with the other posts, use the facilities appropriate to your plumbing. If ya gotta d*ck, you're not a chick.
And if you cut off your d*ck, you're still not a chick - just a mutilated d*ckless freak!

Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
I don't really see why it matters what bathroom they use. You either wait on the long line for a women's bathroom or the shorter and (stereotypically) more filthy men's bathroom.

Outside of that, I really wouldn't care. To be honest, I don't think the average person (transgender or not) cares to look at my junk while I take a ****. And I don't care to look at his/her junk neither.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Do our houses have seperate bath and toilet facilites? Generally not so what is the fuss?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And if you cut off your d*ck, you're still not a chick - just a mutilated d*ckless freak!
Are you trans or a scientist studying transsexuality and intersexuality? Oh wait--you're not? You don't know what you're talking about so why don't you just stick to the topics you do know something about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies