Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Nice try, now cite a crossdresser assaulting a woman. Did not read all you citation's stories, but I did not see one mentioning a crossdresser. Seems a woman should fear non crossdressing males far more than a crossdresser.
Ever see Psycho?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 02:05 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Ever see Psycho?
Oh was that real? Is that Hitchcock thriller the only example you could find? Because, if that creates the basis for bigotry, freddie kluger killer more people.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:16 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The many should not be affected by the few.
Go back to page 12 of this thread and see my posts about the solution of having a single stall bathroom for trans people. Perfect scenario where the few will not affect the many but the needs of the few will still be met.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Oh was that real? Is that Hitchcock thriller the only example you could find? Because, if that creates the basis for bigotry, freddie kluger killer more people.
Why do you think I'm a bigot? What have I said that illustrates this?

Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why do you think I'm a bigot? What have I said that illustrates this?
I did not say such a thing, reread my last post. Judging the world based on prejudices and bias and not treating everyone fairly would be bigotry, do you fit that bill?

Old 12-21-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Go back to page 12 of this thread and see my posts about the solution of having a single stall bathroom for trans people. Perfect scenario where the few will not affect the many but the needs of the few will still be met.
funny you mention that, the trans community does everything to avoid using busy restrooms. Here is a site to find unisex restrooms.

Safe2pee Mobile

Funny, in France most public restrooms are unisex, even the large multi stall rooms.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
All well and good, but before they can have their gender confirmation surgery wpath mandates that they live as that gender for a year. Hard to live as a woman while using the men's room. This is a local, city/state issue, and they are writing laws that allow anyone to use the restroom appropriate for the gender you are presenting. Get use to it.
Yes, and I am free to be against these laws and support other laws that require people to use the restroom of their biological sex.

I think that separate, private restrooms are the best solution. Where not available, I think everyone should use the restroom of their biological sex. I understand why the transgendered want to be allowed to use the restroom of their "true" gender; I simply don't see a fairer place to draw the line without getting into issues associated with cross dressers being able to use restrooms for the opposite sex.

And, to be clear, I'm 100% for laws banning discrimination against gays, lesbians, and the transgendered, am for gay marriage, etc.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
I think they should use whichever facility is compatible with their current equipment.

I HAVE seen a female use a wall-mounted urinal, so I do know it is possible, but it ain't pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
NO. You use the restroom that matches your genitalia, not what you think you are or want to be.
OMG I agree with lifelongMOgal.

Hell's gonna get a heating bill.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I was just wondering what people think about transgenders being able to use the public bathroom of their choice. So if a woman decides to be a boy, should she get to use the boy's bathroom, or the other way around?
We hashed this out on my thread months ago.

Around the time of the McDonald's bathroom whompapalooza.

Have a look.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...bathrooms.html

Old 12-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I did not say such a thing, reread my last post. Judging the world based on prejudices and bias and not treating everyone fairly would be bigotry, do you fit that bill?
Making direct references to my bigotry and hate with no evidence whatsoever would make a person an unhinged liar, do you fit that bill? Before you answer you might want to check out post 143.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies