Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 01:19 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
If it is not some sort of mental illness, why do they need the assistance of Psychologists and other mental health professionals when they go through the change?
I believe, becuz gender corrective surgery is not easily reversable, they carefully evaluate the subject before they approve surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
So you are a danger? Your preoccupation about people who are different than yourself is cause for concern.

When I was a 12 year old girl, my mother would have been much more likely (and right) to keep me away from people like you than transgendered people. Luckily my own children will have a transgendered aunt (unrelated, but close family friend) and you can be assured that they will not grow up as resentful as you might find your children would be. I cannot imagine having a person I respect share your views.
I couldn't care less what you think about me.

I would not want my young daughter in a restroom with a man who thinks he's a woman. Under any circumstances.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I was referring to perverts who will take the opportunity of this argument to dress up like a woman, go leer at women in restrooms, and then just declare that they should be allowed because they are trangendered.

It's a sick world.
lol, let us stay in the real world. I understand you can imagine anything to justify your bigotry and hate but I doubt you will find your "fantasy" in the real world. You have any examples of a crossdresser attacking a female while in drag inside a restroom?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
No.

I'm talking about people who are confused about who they are.
I don't think they're confused about who they are.

Quote:
I agree that people have a "right" to parade around dressed as the opposite sex, but I have the right to speak out against some freaks desire to use the restroom of the opposite sex.

It is up to clear thinking, normal society to stop the insane from taking over.
I don't think they're "insane" or "freaks," but I actually agree that they should not use the restroom of the opposite sex.

If I had a teenage daughter, I absolutely would NOT want some man to be able to dress up as a woman and use the same women's restroom as her.

I have compassion for the transgendered, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Use the restroom of your biological sex. Your biological sex can change after an operation, so after the operation, you can use the other restroom.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I couldn't care less what you think about me.

I would not want my young daughter in a restroom with a man who thinks he's a woman. Under any circumstances.
like I said, enjoy that bubble. There are hundreds of transgendered in any larger city. They are everywhere.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:42 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
lol, let us stay in the real world. I understand you can imagine anything to justify your bigotry and hate but I doubt you will find your "fantasy" in the real world. You have any examples of a crossdresser attacking a female while in drag inside a restroom?
Plenty of examples of men in the ladies room and none of them have turned out well.

Men Love the Ladies Restroom- This Week In The News « GenderTrender

Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,551 times
I think that people who are inconsiderate of other people's comfort while they "fight for their rights" should be told the truth about their actions. I don't understand the people who think they can do whatever they want just because they are "fighting for a cause."

Old 12-21-2011, 01:50 PM

All well and good, but before they can have their gender confirmation surgery wpath mandates that they live as that gender for a year. Hard to live as a woman while using the men's room. This is a local, city/state issue, and they are writing laws that allow anyone to use the restroom appropriate for the gender you are presenting. Get use to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't think they're confused about who they are.

I don't think they're "insane" or "freaks," but I actually agree that they should not use the restroom of the opposite sex.

If I had a teenage daughter, I absolutely would NOT want some man to be able to dress up as a woman and use the same women's restroom as her.

I have compassion for the transgendered, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Use the restroom of your biological sex. Your biological sex can change after an operation, so after the operation, you can use the other restroom.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Plenty of examples of men in the ladies room and none of them have turned out well.

Men Love the Ladies Restroom- This Week In The News « GenderTrender
Nice try, now cite a crossdresser assaulting a woman. Did not read all you citation's stories, but I did not see one mentioning a crossdresser. Seems a woman should fear non crossdressing males far more than a crossdresser.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
I do not want to take any chances.
Then don't ever leave your home. And that's not even safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies