Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where is the outrage that seniors will need ID in order to obtain a bank account so they can get their Social Security checks? In a year or so, direct deposit is mandated for monthly payments from the government.
And that is one of the most discriminatory rules I know of. Many seniors spend from the pile and it is empty when the next check comes and forcing them to take direct deposit really gripes the hell out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Holder wants illegal aliens to vote? Hmmm. How come?

Holder wants illegal aliens to receive national healthcare? Hmmm. How come?

No ID for health insurance?
He knows that race is almost involved in illegal aliens and wants to make life as easy as possible for his leader and boss.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Voter registration fraud, such as this (you won't hear about it from the "I hate ACORN mob"):

"The candidate, Rachel Hoff, pled guilty to the misdemeanor of notarizing absentee ballot signatures without actually witnessing them during the 2004 South Dakota Senate race, when she was working for the state Republican Party on behalf of John Thune, who went on to beat Tom Daschle. " (Link)
According to one of the councilmen from Troy, NY who admitted to that very kind of election fraud, both parties do it all the time so I guess that makes it fair for that bunch of Democrats who did it in 2009.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
So, all an illegal alien has to do is register to vote, not prove citizenship.
Then they can vote in American elections.

It should make all American's stomachs turn that foreigners can effect our political landscape by voting.

It is unfair to true Americans who put so much faith in our system.

And it is unethical that Democrats plan to benefit politically from votes cast by people who are not citizens of this country.

But I put nothing past the Democratic Party.
You do know the story about the mayor of New Haven, Conn who wants illegals to be able to vote in local elections, don't you? It is such a sad story. However, he has made the city an illegal haven and about 1/10 of the people in the city are illegals.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because the people who don't have ID tend to be the poor and minorities. If you don't have a car, can't drive, don't go anywhere, you don't need ID, and getting ID can be difficult. It requires you to present other ID, like a birth certificate, and there are people who don't have those documents. For instance, I need a new copy of my birth certificate. However, I live 2000 miles away from the county where I was born. Getting a new copy of my birth certificate is difficult.

And I don't know what things you do that you show your ID all the time. I show my ID when I vote. That's it. It's the only time I need to show my ID, and even then, I could vote without ID, but the my vote would have to be set aside to allow the county registrar to verify.
Why do you need a birth certificate? We who are called birthers have been told that some people don't need legal ones so surely that extends to commoners.

What state were you born in that you have to go through the county to get a certificate? i always have to do things like that through the state.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Those words, presented by you and the the source you're soldiering for. Dare to respond to DC's post, and challenge the inaccuracies within.
I like to have people read my links before getting involved in the discussion. Also, when someone quotes me I like to have it done in the words I posted not the way you just did it. In other words, I like to be talking about the same thing whenever we can.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If they do away with identification for voting then they can't require anyone to have a passport to enter this county, they can't require anyone to have identification to drive or make a loan or have a social security card or pay taxes.

In fact, let's disassemble the entire Federal Government and have another constitutional congress, it's time it had a tune-up to stay relevant for the present and future of this nation.
Our Constitution has worked very well on many fewer words than the Dems in our Congress would use because it was written to last not just work for 15 or 20 years. Of all the things I can think of that I am really against is holding a Constitutional Convention for any purpose. In case you don't understand me think about what was done in 1787 that allowed the writing of the Constitution we have now. I take it for granted that you know why that one was called and what they did. I don't want to see any of today's progressives involved in the writing of a new document.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies