Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 11:24 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How bright do you think one has to be to think up dozens of different ways to kill as many as and even more than were killed on 9/11?
Maybe a little bit brighter than those who detail proposed attacks on forums like this.

Quote:
All of which can be accomplished with the TSA in full mode.....elsewhere.
When our whole way of life is being disrupted, the terrorists sure have won without ever doing another thing.
I don't like the extra hassle in flying, but it sure hasn't "disrupted my whole way of life."

YMMV

Quote:
These omments aren't to bad mouth the TSA.
They're in hopes that people will realize that we shouldn't be living this way uselessly and stop allowing our freedoms to disappear one by one.
Freedom vs security...

Someone always gripes one way or the other. Sometimes I think it's the same individuals playing both sides of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 11:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You would think the right would be at arms over this. It is disgraceful how Americans are lead around by these Dbags... Being scared out of their money so these Billionaires can fleece a little more out of the people.... disgraceful.

I'd eliminate all HSA and especially the TSA. and I'd throw these double dealing sleaze balls in jail.
I'm no billionaire but I've realized a pretty nice profit from buying and selling shares in OSIS. Oh I'm still in because the government contracts are flowing to this little puppy whose parent company's CEO is good friends with Obama and goes traveling with him on economic trips to foreign countries where they were also "awarded" contracts. I put it all on "good luck" eh ?

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"

Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The problem is, you are asking the wrong question. The better question would be, "how many more terror attempts might there have been had the TSA not been in place"??? We will never know.
How many terror attempts have been foiled by travelers driving their own autos to their destination? It's the only way to be sure.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Wade,

The issue isn't about disruption of routine. The issue is about effectiveness of the process relative to the cost and effort.

Your average sixth grader could circumvent the TSA.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post

I don't like the extra hassle in flying, but it sure hasn't "disrupted my whole way of life."
Airports....then trains...now highways.....
next?
You do know the frog and the pot story,yes?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Why do they always try to steal my tweezers away from me at the airport?! How the hell am I supposed to groom myself on the go? Or do they get kickbacks from all these eyebrow threading salons that have been popular lately?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:12 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
I met this elderly woman once who told me she had knee replacements and that they were metal. I asked her if she gets hassled a lot at the airport, and she told me that while they set off the alarms, she is glad that the TSA are there because she feels so "much more secure with them around"...oh, brother, such sheeple! My boyfriend is like that too. He's pro-TSA and I'm against those worthless theiving thugs.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
So what became of the confiscated cupcake?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:45 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You know at least once a week I am hearing a new story on the News about how the TSA confiscated this, or searched that 85 year old women or 3 year old child. Always accompanied by how OUTRAGED everyone is that they would do such a thing. Just tonight I heard what would become the inspiration for this thread. Apparently, a TSA workeer confiscated a cup cake.

To all those who complain....why exactly are you complaining that they are doing a good and thorough job? You act as if an 85 year old women could not be a terrorist or that an adult terrorist would never hide a weapon on a child? Like a terrorist absolutely could not hide a chemical agent in a cup cake or other pastry.

If all this complaining leads to a draw back on how the TSA operates, it will lead to them being more lax and create a weakness amongst airport security. Think about it, if you were one of these terrorists, where would you hide a weapon? Hmmmmm..... they will never suspect a child or an elderly women would be concealing any weapons, so lets try that!
The government has no authority to do this per the Constitution. TSA violates our civil liberties. The security of the airplanes should be the responsibility of the airlines to whom they belong. When the responsibility lands on the airlines, they will have to rely on smart technology rather than groping to weed out suspicious people, and they would be forced to do it in the least intrusive manner or they will lose business to those airlines who do it better. Forcing competition here is the key.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
"Ma'am, how am I supposed to know if these breast implants are not filled with explosive liquids, please let me squeeze your breasts for 10 minutes to find out"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies