Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
The British go to community colleges. But they are of higher quality than american community colleges. The UK is a country which ranks comparably low in social mobility compared to other European countries. You again have been proven wrong. You are the ignorant here...enjoy your babbling yourself.
Arent the British part of Europe? You didnt begin to proove me wrong, you actually just proven yourself wrong because yo said NO Europeans go to Community College
Quote:
And again you make a fool of yourself.
How? By believing the difference between $.99 and $1 is so small, as to be non existant? I'm sorry the $.01 means so much to you, but that wouldnt make me the fool, it would make you one

Hell, you just said NO Europeans go to Community College, and now you are saying they do.. Trust me, I'm not the one who looks like the fool..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It reminds me more of a saying which translated goes something like this... things are the way they are for a reason many of you are not willing to recognize.
Of course there are reasons, I don't believe in coincidence...

Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There was no need for social safety nets in the first place.

At the age of 53 if some reason I and my wife were rendered unable to work Mommy and Daddy would still take care of me, as I would my son. I realize the welfare state has dismantled families and usurped private charity and that is why it should be eliminated at say a rate of 5 to 10% a year to give time for family and private charity to resume their historically traditional roles.
You have no earthly idea what would happen to you in that case. Perhaps the people that you're relying on to do that fall on their asses too. Then what?

Stop it. You're being disingenuous. There is no truth in what you're saying...only fantasy. The world doesn't work the way you claim it does.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Yes people are poor because they are lazy. People are poor because they have less and less opportunities in this country. Stop spewing nonsense.
Why is our PPP still 150% of your utopian EU?

If opportunities are decreasing it is because of the same big government actions you favor.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Arent the British part of Europe?

How? By believing the difference between $.99 and $1 is so small, as to be non existant? I'm sorry the $.01 means so much to you, but that wouldnt make me the fool, it would make you one

Hell, you just said NO Europeans go to Community College, and now you are saying they do.. Trust me, I'm not the one who looks like the fool..
They do go to community college. However community college in the UK is vastly superior to community college in America. You simply think everything is the same everywhere just because it carries the same name. Never said UK is not part of Europe. I said UK has low social mobility compared to other European countries. And the difference between 99% and 100% is very significant I might add.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:17 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Arent the British part of Europe?

Good question. Many Brits do not consider themselves a part of Europe...

I don't know of any community colleges in other European countries. Our school systems are quite different. In Germany for instance what you call an associate degree in the US is part of the Abitur high school diploma. In Britain they have those A and O levels...

There are two-year vocational schools in various countries, maybe they are somewhat similar to community colleges.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why is our PPP still 150% of your utopian EU?

If opportunities are decreasing it is because of the same big government actions you favor.
Please its because we have the most billionaires in this country. The European middle class is vastly prosperous compared to the american middle class. And again the OECD study shows that there are over a half dozen European countries that have higher opportunities than america. But keep closing your eyes. But this country will keep going down the drain. We have over 20% real unemployment for Christ sakes.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
They do go to community college. However community college in the UK is vastly superior to community college in America. You simply think everything is the same everywhere just because it carries the same name. Never said UK is not part of Europe. I said UK has low social mobility compared to other European countries.
You said NO Europeans go to Community College.. And now to prove yourself wrong, you are changing the argument again. I'm not even going to ask what makes you think they are "vastly superior" because I'm afraid of what garbage you might post.
Quote:
And the difference between 99% and 100% is very significant I might add.
No one was discussing percentages, but must be that superior education of yours to not know the difference

Old 01-01-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Good question. Many Brits do not consider themselves a part of Europe...

I don't know of any community colleges in other European countries. Our school systems are quite different. In Germany for instance what you call an associate degree in the US is part of the Abitur high school diploma. In Britain they have those A and O levels...

There are two-year vocational schools in various countries, maybe they are somewhat similar to community colleges.
Again proving that many of European countries education opportunities are vastly superior to americas education opportunities.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Please its because we have the most billionaires in this country. The European middle class is vastly prosperous compared to the american middle class.
Then why do they earn so much less

Why does our GDP grow usually at a much faster pace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies