Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 04:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911FireAndRescue View Post
This one detail concerns a building in free fall.
It doesn't particularity matter what the detail concerns. The simple fact that you reject the "official" position wholesale, yet will suddenly make an exception and ascribe authority to a single detail that manages to fit your prejudice is a crystal clear demonstration of how your assessment of information is driven by confirmation bias.

The detail is wrong... something that has been demonstrated by references and links I have provided you. Yet even as you reject almost every other detail in the official reports, you fasten onto this one like a rat terrier and then to defend it you accord the Committee with reliability and authority that you elsewhere work so hard to deny. It cannot actually be true that you hold the Committee infallible in such details. And I do not consider you to be willfully dishonest and knowingly hypocritical.

So what accounts for such wildly inconsistent positions on your part... other than unconscious but pervasive confirmation bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911FireAndRescue
The only way a building can come down in free fall is through a controlled demolition.
Ignoring that the WTC towers did not free fall, in point of fact even this is not true. Even a controlled demolition will not allow a building to free fall. Controlled demolitions direct the fall, but they do not suddenly eliminate all structural integrity of a building. That would be a hopelessly absurd waste of demolition resources to engineer a demolition in that way.

There is no resemblance between the collapse of the WTC towers and a controlled demolition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911FireAndRescue
And you just destroyed your credibility by not understanding this fact.
It is hilarious how the first things Truthers do is attack the "credibility" of an opponent based on mere disagreement.

Alas, my friend, I am aerospace engineer by training (bachelor's degree), and had nine years experience in the military with demolitions and explosives. I am comfortable that among the many things you are not is a competent judge of my credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,801,344 times
Were these guys "truthers", or just advocates for truth?

It is natural for man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth …
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.” Patrick Henry

The important thing is to never stop questioning.”
Albert Einstein

Old 01-22-2012, 04:57 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,037,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaliveingreenville View Post
okay, you win! The gov'ment blew up the towers!

No plane crashed in the pa. Field.

No plane crashed into the pentagon.

It was all bombs that destroyed everything!

Okay,...now what?
lol!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Were these guys "truthers", or just advocates for truth?
Definitely not Truthers. They both were dead before 9/11 ever happened.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:06 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

I must spread some reputation around before I hit HistorianDude again.

TY for the laugh.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:09 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,037,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I must spread some reputation around before I hit HistorianDude again.

TY for the laugh.
I must spread some reputation around before...you get it.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:13 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,955,543 times
For the first time in history, a modern steel-frame high-rise collapses into itself at a freefall rate of speed, allegedly due to some random isolated fires. Exactly in the manner of a controlled building implosion. Following dozens of huge explosions that go off at the base of the building, as reported by countless witnesses. And the government doesn't mention any of this in its official report? Just sweep it all under the rug and hope no one notices?

Yeah, there's nothing fishy about that at all.

http://www.puppetgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/911-lies_puppetgov.jpg (broken link)

If those who seek the truth about the murder of 3,000 of
their fellow citizens are called truthers what does that
make the defenders of the official fairy tale? Liars?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
For the first time in history, a modern steel-frame high-rise collapses into itself at a freefall rate of speed, allegedly due to some random isolated fires. Exactly in the manner of a controlled building implosion. Following dozens of huge explosions that go off at the base of the building, as reported by countless witnesses. And the government doesn't mention any of this in its official report? Just sweep it all under the rug and hope no one notices?

the only liars here are the twoofers who keep bringing up DEBUNKED and rehashed garbage

twoofers:...there was no plane...
real people: we SAW the plane live in person with our own eys, not on tv...
twoofers: your a government shill

Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
^^^ (Cisco Kid) Your picture accurately describes the content of your words written above it. You embellish the story a little more every time you tell it, too! We're up to "dozens of huge explosions and countless witnesses" now.

LOL.

Did you ever meet a real witness who was present at collapse of Building 7? I know a couple of them. Their story is a LITTTTLE bit different from yours. But you run along and have fun with that YouTube thing now!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
For the first time in history, a modern steel-frame high-rise collapses into itself at a freefall rate of speed, allegedly due to some random isolated fires.

One sentence three falsehoods:

1. They did not fall at feefall speed.
2. The fires were neither random nor isolated.
3. They did not fall just because of fires. You might have noticed they were also impacted by jumbo jets traveling at high speed... itself also a "first time in history."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid
xactly in the manner of a controlled building implosion.

Second sentence, one more falsehood.

The collapses were nothing like a controlled building implosion.

Quote:
Following dozens of huge explosions that go off at the base of the building, as reported by countless witnesses.

At least this one is almost close.

When large buildings burn, there are often a lot of explosions. But since the buildings did not collapse from the base, one must wonder at the goofiness of attributing significance to any that allegedly went off "at the base."

Quote:
And the government doesn't mention any of this in its official report? Just sweep it all under the rug and hope no one notices?

Why would they mention things that did not occur or that are not true?

Quote:
Competent .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies