Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 PM

70 posts, read 125,724 times

Advertisements

I don't know if you've read the headlines today, but Governor Perry spared the life of a convicted murderer. This is a travesty for the LaHood family, whose 25 year old son was gunned down in what was called a "botched robbery."

The reason, Kenneth Foster, convicted robber and murderer, did not know what his accomplice was doing, even after they'd spent the entire night robbing people.

It's just a shame that the Lahood family will never know justice. I pray that Kenneth Foster days in prison are long and hard, filled with rape and savagery. He should have been executed. The Foster family deserves justice for the untimely loss of their son.

Please, let's not "hug a criminal." This man deserves to die, and in the words of Mr. LaHood's father, "I will be glad to push the needle for him."

Any opponants to capital punishment wish to challenge me? You go talk to Mr. LaHood's father. Tell him how you would like to hug his murderer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
YESSSSSSS. Good Job Rick Perry. You finally do something that I liked. I am seriously happy about this as well. You just do not know.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
do you think he was able to make a contribution to the Gov's campaign?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:41 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
I only would have been happier if Perry had volunteered to fill in for him on the gurney.

Whatever gets this sleazebag out of office, I am in favor of.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:09 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Well, I'm skeptical of the whole legal notion of felony-murder, and few states still allow it. But it's not like they were egging someone's house and someone died in a freak accident where a homeowner slipped and fell while ducking an incoming egg and hit his head and died. A fatal shooting is an obviously foreseeable outcome of an armed robbery spree, and I'm not particularly moved that this jagoff wasn't the triggerman and didn't think something like this would happen. Even so, I don't think life in prison is a particularly lenient sentence given his role in the events. It's not like he's getting off in 20 years with good behavior.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
anyone who has ever visited a TX prison (and I have not had that urge) can probably supply first had info that it is not the kind of place anyone would want to be for 20 years--

Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well, I'm skeptical of the whole legal notion of felony-murder, and few states still allow it. But it's not like they were egging someone's house and someone died in a freak accident where a homeowner slipped and fell while ducking an incoming egg and hit his head and died. A fatal shooting is an obviously foreseeable outcome of an armed robbery spree, and I'm not particularly moved that this jagoff wasn't the triggerman and didn't think something like this would happen. Even so, I don't think life in prison is a particularly lenient sentence given his role in the events. It's not like he's getting off in 20 years with good behavior.
It will probably get ruled by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional. Try riding in your friend's "new car" and get pulled over by the police. It's actually against the law to ride in a stolen car probably even if you didn't know it was stolen and your friend said that this is his "new car."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies