Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,314,540 times

Advertisements

Here is the correct way to handle any and all suspicionless checkpoints inside the United States and don't ever pull into secondary when asked to.

Las Vegas DUI Checkpoint 05/01/2010 1of2 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Police have become tax collectors with guns for the government.

Checkpoints for any reason whatsoever should be illegal.

The best way to fight checkpoints is to warn others so they can turn around and avoid this Police State tactic.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Bravo to the gentlemen warning the drivers of the predators lying in wait.

Yes! That's the only way to combat this police state activity.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
Here is the correct way to handle any and all suspicionless checkpoints inside the United States and don't ever pull into secondary when asked to.

Las Vegas DUI Checkpoint 05/01/2010 1of2 - YouTube

This guy is my hero. We should all have the balls this guy has. Checkpoints are an abuse of police power and assume you are guilty until proven innocent.

We should all fight police checkpoints.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I see plenty of cops on cell phones. They may be some of the biggest offenders of all.
Love the hypocrisy of the authoritarian types on this thread.
I was damn near hit, yes hit, by a cop screwing around on his laptop in the lane next to me. Out of nowhere he swerves into my lane and I had to evade him. I gave him a glare that could kill. He just waved and sped off. I was livid. So yes, they cops should be subject to the same rules as the rest of us. They too are a hazard, not just the rest of us.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
idk, I for one like having drunk idiots taken off of the streets by checkpoints. my dad had to go through one on new year's eve. we pulled up, the officer asked him how he was doing, if he'd had anything to drink (one glass of wine was all he'd had), shined a flashlight in his face and waved us on through. total time taken? like one minute max, including waiting for the traffic ahead of us to go through.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
idk, I for one like having drunk idiots taken off of the streets by checkpoints. my dad had to go through one on new year's eve. we pulled up, the officer asked him how he was doing, if he'd had anything to drink (one glass of wine was all he'd had), shined a flashlight in his face and waved us on through. total time taken? like one minute max, including waiting for the traffic ahead of us to go through.
The ends don't always justify the means.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Guess what? Distracted driving already is a crime in pretty much all states. If you drive by a cop eating a pizza, shaving, listening to your ipod, and reading a book at the same time - not to mention driving erratically - and they see you, you can bet that they have a legal right and obligation to pull you over. And if you hit someone and injure / kill them and evidence surfaces that you were screwing around with your life insurance forms at the time or whatever, you can bet that they will nail your ass to the wall with extra care for that in both criminal and civil court. You'll probably be doing time for voluntary manslaughter and then be sued for your life's worth and then some. So what are you going to do - protest that as a Constitutional infringement, too? You just don't have the right to do whatever you want in your car. There is no system that can stop every person doing every single possible stupid thing at every moment in time, but we can and should try to get at least the big ones where possible.
Screwing around with someone's life insurance you hit? What the hell are you talking about. How many folks do you know who were pulled over for eating a slice of pizza in their car or changing the radio station or checking their GPS?? The point is talking on cell phones isn't the BIG ONE yet you buy it hook line and sinker and also think all cell phone scofflaws are carrying life insurance on everyone in the US in case they hit em and kill em.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Last checkpoint I went through consisted of twenty cops and took a half hour to get through. I guess you don't mind your rights violated but I do. Since the Michigan supreme court decided it was a violation of our rights but only a small one they continue. Keep ankle grabbing for big gubmnt.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
With a cup of coffee in one hand
and my pipe in the other, it's just
too distracting to talk on the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies