Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 06:34 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,909,770 times

Advertisements

The worst that should happen to the Marines is an Article 15 resulting in 15 days restricted duty. No loss of rank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,909,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm deadly serious. Armed forces implement the policy of civilian government. It's their raison d'etre. If they don't feel like taking orders from the government, they're just a gang. Or they can join the mercenary crews of Xe/Blackwater/whateverthe****theycallthemselves, and definitively give up the respect that comes with serving a flag.

He may be too stupid, too scared or too willfully ignorant to realize it at the time, but he most certainly does.

The grunt may not, and may not care. His superior officers, however, have been charged with carrying out a mission as outlined by the government.

And those idiots in the video just went and made the mission harder.

That's the cardinal sin in military circles. Your safety, well-being, comfort, even your survival is secondary to the mission. Your desire to make a funny video to share with your buddies is so far down on the list of priorities, it's not even funny.

You've never worn a uniform, have you? Any soldier (yeahyeah, they call themselves "Marines", oo-rah and all that - soldier is the word for people taking the fight to the enemy on the ground and that's what I'm using) who can't keep his baser instincts under control when they endanger the mission is a liability.

The sad thing is, I have a much higher opinion of the US Marines than you do.
I can tell you certainly have not spent a minute in a fire fight. Otherwise you would not spout this crap.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 PM

7,478 posts, read 4,039,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Then I'm sure you wouldn't be able to find water if I gave you a boot full of it with instructions on how to empty it on the heel.
was that supposed to make any sense?If you wanted to insult me,surely you could have made a better analogy..........but perhaps you cannot...

Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,313,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
The worst that should happen to the Marines is an Article 15 resulting in 15 days restricted duty. No loss of rank.
Ehhh...nope. Not even close. They should get much worse.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:09 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,631,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post

(NSFW) Marines Humiliating dead Taliban insurgents - YouTube

Yes, the taliban deserve to be pissed on. But actually doing it and video taping it is just dumb.

Incidents like this give our military a very bad name and undermines what little good will we have with the locals.
they behead our troops and post graphic videos, we pee on them and post videos. ITS THE CIRCLE OF LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old 01-13-2012, 07:22 PM

5 posts, read 3,386 times
Those who are supporting thes troops should maybe consider the consequences of the actions of a few, quite possibly more American men and women will die because of this 'few'. But I agree war IS ugly, nowhere have soliders come home unaffected........command SHOULD ensure that those soliders are given the support that is needed to reenter the mainstream. I would be seriously concerned withthe intellect of any group that recorded their crime.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 PM

47,069 posts, read 26,166,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I can tell you certainly have not spent a minute in a fire fight. Otherwise you would not spout this crap.
Nope, I was lucky enough that my country remained at peace while I served. Now, are you going to present some sort of argument?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,631,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirks perception View Post
Those who are supporting thes troops should maybe consider the consequences of the actions of a few, quite possibly more American men and women will die because of this 'few'. But I agree war IS ugly, nowhere have soliders come home unaffected........command SHOULD ensure that those soliders are given the support that is needed to reenter the mainstream. I would be seriously concerned withthe intellect of any group that recorded their crime.
from what i gather, its a whistleblower who recorded the vid and outed them.

furthermore, theyre already pissed because of our presence there. they've been beheading people way longer than we've been pee'ing on them. combine that with most of them dont have internet access and will likely never see the video...

i say good on the troops, fark em!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:33 PM

521 posts, read 468,788 times
I could think of worse things to do to those terrorist who torture and behead our troops. We should seriously wipe them off the map with a few nukes. You liberals defending terrorists in this thread are traitors and should leave this country.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 PM

5 posts, read 3,386 times
I do not know if you are christian for me how the dead are treated is very important even the nazi's did not desecrate the jews,(I am willing to contadicted my 16 year is doing research on Mengele as I speak)

I was alwats thought that what was done to the dead was magnified ten fold,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies