Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,996,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
And I like for you to post some factual evidence backing your statements?

Yes these are very backwards people that just go around bashing each others' heads in right? Go back to whatever cave you crawled out of.

The beautiful city Tehran - YouTube
Well done! Most people in the US think it's all sand dunes, tents and camels....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul1957 View Post
It is the planes/airlines responsibility to broadcast the right codes, all the Liberty (or any warship can do is read the codes).

The history of Iran shows they are wacko's capable of doing anything, the Liberty did the right thing.
Dispite the fact that the plane was gaining altutude and heading away from the ship. Do you remember how our government and the ship's captain lied and said it was heading right for the ship. Of course war monger, ie republicans, don't believe in facts if it messes up there memory.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:03 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,475,317 times
I'm really amazed that more people in this country can't see that if our foreign policy toward Iran was more benign, and I'm talking about their population in general not their government, they would soon enough rid themselves of the mullahs who opress them. All our current policy does is further entrench the radicals.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,184,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Dispite the fact that the plane was gaining altutude and heading away from the ship. Do you remember how our government and the ship's captain lied and said it was heading right for the ship. Of course war monger, ie republicans, don't believe in facts if it messes up there memory.
Well, if the Captain lied, then all of the recordings, and all of the computer tracks, were all faked? You of course realize that everything that was taking place was all recorded by the computer equipment. All of the requests of contact, all of the transponder codes (Identify Friend or Foe) requests, the radar tracks, all recorded.. I am sure the C.O. Personally modified all of the data to make it appear that they were in the right?

Sure, break out the tin foil hat and the kool aid.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,475,317 times
And for those of you who don't know what the reference to the Liberty is about, try a quick search USS Liberty.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,869,295 times
Most Americans' image of Iran is of Afghanistan under the Taliban. They are completely ignorant about it.

Iran is a rich culture and has a proud history. It is a beautiful country. Most of the population is modern minded and they probably would've reformed or overthrew their Islamist government by now if the US and Israel haven't constantly been threatening and attacking them.

We have no reason to be enemies with Iran. It is a complete fabrication of our government which caters to Israel's interests. Iran is a victim of Western Aggression.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:52 PM

11,158 posts, read 29,424,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Most Americans' image of Iran is of Afghanistan under the Taliban. They are completely ignorant about it.

Iran is a rich culture and has a proud history. It is a beautiful country. Most of the population is modern minded and they probably would've reformed or overthrew their Islamist government by now if the US and Israel haven't constantly been threatening and attacking them.

We have no reason to be enemies with Iran. It is a complete fabrication of our government which caters to Israel's interests. Iran is a victim of Western Aggression.
that is BS Iran is a victim of it's own extemist, Radical Govronment with it's Sabre Rattling, threats to put sea mines in the Gulf alomng international shipping lanes and not ending it's nuclear enrichment program that is provoking the west.

Iran has only Iran to blame for their current problems and they should wake up and realize we are not messing around and the only way out now ids to have the Iranian govronment step down from power and abandon pursuing their nuclear weapons program.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:58 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,541,645 times
"How many Americans really know anything about the history of Iranian-American relations.."

Only part of it that I know and know well is that as I lived in the 'burbs of San Antone in the seventies, Iranian Military Officers that were pilots were living in our county and training at Lackland AFB. I met two of them at Windsor Park Mall in that store, dang the one that had the black lights, posters, cool trinkets....dang, it was a national chain but the name escapes my mind. Spencer's?!

Anyway, we must have had one very chummy relationship with them because no one was a bit alarmed back then, that they were among us. I think these two brothers were even some of their top officers, if not princes because I have never in my life met guys that were dressed in suits that were that magnificent.

What was the deal and how soon after that did our relations with Iran turn so poor?

Old 01-15-2012, 06:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,869,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
that is BS Iran is a victim of it's own extemist, Radical Govronment with it's Sabre Rattling, threats to put sea mines in the Gulf alomng international shipping lanes and not ending it's nuclear enrichment program that is provoking the west.

Iran has only Iran to blame for their current problems and they should wake up and realize we are not messing around and the only way out now ids to have the Iranian govronment step down from power and abandon pursuing their nuclear weapons program.
Yet we are the ones who constantly do covert missions in their territory, have INVADED and OCCUPIED its two neighboring nations, constantly threaten Iran with war, and our "ally" Israel has threatened to nuke it.

Yet Iran is the "dangerous" one.

Some people are so drunk in their own hypocrisy, they can't see the truth if it knocked them over the head.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,073,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Well done! Most people in the US think it's all sand dunes, tents and camels....
It is easier to sell bombing the hades out of countries if you can portray them as something less than human.

Americans need to realize that just like our leaders and their crimes are not representative of our population neither are those in the countries we've been bombing or may be about to bomb.

We've lost our moral compass and have been on the wrong path so long people seem to cry for more blood. I don't recognize my countrymen/women anymore.

We are repeating history. Leading up to the bombing of Pearl Harbor we blocked Japan from buying oil. Now we block Iran from selling oil. The resulting blowback will be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies