Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

It is very obvious that Ms. Jackson and her cohorts are ready to pound us on the price of gasoline. They are ready to attempt to force a cut in the amount of sulfur in gasoline and I believe that they are pushing this one as part of the failure of the Congress to pass Cap and Trade for the administration.

Senators Warn New EPA Rules Would Raise Gas Prices | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is very obvious that Ms. Jackson and her cohorts are ready to pound us on the price of gasoline. They are ready to attempt to force a cut in the amount of sulfur in gasoline and I believe that they are pushing this one as part of the failure of the Congress to pass Cap and Trade for the administration.

Another reason the E.P.A. should be eliminated; They do not care about the environment half as much as the big ego trip power hungry money grap from taxpayers. It's a power trip for them, it has NOTHING to do with protecting anything except their useless jobs.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:

I'm not stupid and and have structured my life to not use much gas. Perhaps others should try to be smarter and minimized their need for gas. Energy is way too cheap in this country.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I'm not stupid and and have structured my life to not use much gas. Perhaps others should try to be smarter and minimized their need for gas. Energy is way too cheap in this country.

Especially for people that are underemployed, unemployed, or just poor. Raising gas prices on them is a great way to kick them while they're down.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
What about the poor guy who is trying to get back and forth to work at his poorly paying job that can't afford a fuel efficient vehicle? Do you meerly throw him under the proverbial bus? What about the added cost to deliver things to the stores where you shop? Who do you think pays for those increased costs? You the consumer does......

Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
It would be even cheaper if this administration didn't decide to punish folks for using energy they deem not worthy to drive their cars or heat their homes and dumped piles of taxpayer money down the green energy toilet.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:

Quote:
Senators from both sides of the aisle are warning that looming EPA regulations on gasoline could impose billions of dollars in additional costs on the industry and end up adding up to 25 cents to every gallon of gas.

The senators, in a letter this week to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson, urged the agency to back off the yet-to-be-released regulations.
Wow. This administration filled with radical, job-killing leftist just won't quit on their horrible, destructive policies, will it?

Push, push, push, one bad law, rule and regulation after another.

I CAN see obama stepping in here and stopping this insanity. Such a rule would doom his re-election chances.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What about the poor guy who is trying to get back and forth to work at his poorly paying job that can't afford a fuel efficient vehicle? Do you meerly throw him under the proverbial bus? What about the added cost to deliver things to the stores where you shop? Who do you think pays for those increased costs? You the consumer does......
Live near your work and services and use public transit. Simple. The guy probably wouldn't have been poor if he hadn't been sending all his disposable income to the middle east.

Quote:
Wow. This administration filled with radical, job-killing leftist just won't quit on their horrible, destructive policies, will it?

Push, push, push, one bad law, rule and regulation after another.

I CAN see obama stepping in here and stopping this insanity. Such a rule would doom his re-election chances.
The 'administration' is doing the same things as the Republicans before them did. The only difference is that you weren't whining then since it was Republicans and not Democrats. Many of the things you are pissed about were either already being done by Bush, would have been done by Bush or would have been done by McCain.

Time to put away the emotions and start thinking for yourself.

Quote:
Especially .. hot air
If you can't address my entire, rather short, post and have to quote each little piece, then you should be spending a lot more time at the library and a lot less time on the internet.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Liberals think their policies are carried out in the abstract. They fully believe that regulations passed in Washington DC do not trickle down the little man.....that regulations are policy in name only.......that a political win having an effect on the lives of American's is merely heresay.

How else do you explain the reason for comments such as "energy is too cheap in this country" (as stated above) if they truly understood the ramifications of such comments?

Unbelievable.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Live near your work and services and use public transit. Simple. The guy probably wouldn't have been poor if he hadn't been sending all his disposable income to the middle east.

The 'administration' is doing the same things as the Republicans before them did. The only difference is that you weren't whining then since it was Republicans and not Democrats. Many of the things you are pissed about were either already being done by Bush, would have been done by Bush or would have been done by McCain.

Time to put away the emotions and start thinking for yourself.

If you can't address my entire, rather short, post and have to quote each little piece, then you should be spending a lot more time at the library and a lot less time on the internet.
Not every city and town has public transit and it is not always possible to live near your work... THe country is not all one big city. For my part, I don't care if you increase the cost of diesel. You will pay for it for me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies