Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,236,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
From the moron that said that the only reason we are here is to have babies.

without procreation between males and females, the human race dies.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 PM

30,438 posts, read 52,088,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Hear of second-person imperative much?
Hear of back-peddling much?

Quote:
Still the gay.
And? Still not seeing how sex has anything to do with this issue, seeing as many straight couples do the very same things as lesbians & gay men. Next argument?

Quote:
You do not even begin to approach being a worthy adversary. Scurry along now. You lose.
Dude, you don't even qualify as an adversary, based on the comments I've read so far... not a single point that can't be easily debated? So scared.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,316,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Yep.

It's natural.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
You don't think the ~90% that are heterosexual can take care of that? And if we're letting infertile & post-menopausal people get married, how is it any different from letting gay people marry? It's not like all procreation will cease if John marries Dave, ya know... also not likely John & Dave will turn straight if we deny them the right to marry. You're only debating whether gay people should exist, not whether they should be allowed to marry. Focus please.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 PM

988 posts, read 1,205,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Hear of back-peddling much?
Yes. It is what you do after I thoroughly decimate your arguments.

Quote:
And? Still not seeing how sex has anything to do with this issue, seeing as many straight couples do the very same things as lesbians & gay men. Next argument?
Yea. But straight couples aren't teh gay.

Quote:
Dude, you don't even qualify as an adversary, based on the comments I've read so far... not a single point that can't be easily debated? So scared.
The ole rubber and glue response eh? Somnolent.

I make a profound and utterly insightful statement such as "the reason for life is to procreate" and you are so fixated on whatever trivial pursuits and narcissistic hobbies consume you and "give your life meaning" that you don't even see my statement as debatable.

I bet you would be a hit in a class on existentialism.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Yes. It is what you do after I thoroughly decimate your arguments.
What arguments? I had only posted "ba-dum-bum-bum" followed by a facetious joke, when you replied with your supposed "decimation." We hadn't even engaged in debate yet, and I probably shouldn't - since you are clearly here to troll and incite, nothing more.

Quote:
Yea. But straight couples aren't teh gay.
I haven't read every post, but isn't your whole argument against gay marriage based on procreation? Or are you saying it's merely an issue of semantics and selective discrimination?

Quote:
The ole rubber and glue response eh? Somnolent.

I make a profound and utterly insightful statement such as "the reason for life is to procreate" and you are so fixated on whatever trivial pursuits and narcissistic hobbies consume you and "give your life meaning" that you don't even see my statement as debatable.

I bet you would be a hit in a class on existentialism.
Nope, it's not debatable in this context, because we're discussing the issue of gay marriage... and the ONLY retort to your oh-so-clever narratives on the meaning of life has already been stated, numerous times. So again, if the only purpose of MARRIAGE is procreation, why aren't you against infertile couples marrying? I don't care why you don't like gay people, or that you find anal sex to be "icky," I am only interested in hearing your opinions on allowing them to marry.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,356,956 times
I think I saw a few posts back that Eric3781 lives in Texas. I'm moving there next month! I am so excited to be a part of the great liberal migration that is moving to that state at the current time.

Oh, and I am also a gay male. Eric3781, maybe we will be neighbors!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What arguments? I had only posted "ba-dum-bum-bum" followed by a facetious joke, when you replied with your supposed "decimation." We hadn't even engaged in debate yet, and I probably shouldn't - since you are clearly here to troll and incite, nothing more.
Incoherent.

Quote:
I haven't read every post, but isn't your whole argument against gay marriage based on procreation? Or are you saying it's merely an issue of semantics and selective discrimination?
Yes.

Quote:
Nope, it's not debatable in this context, because we're discussing the issue of gay marriage... and the ONLY retort to your oh-so-clever narratives on the meaning of life has already been stated, numerous times. So again, if the only purpose of MARRIAGE is procreation, why aren't you against infertile couples marrying? I don't care why you don't like gay people, or that you find anal sex to be "icky," I am only interested in hearing your opinions on allowing them to marry.
Marriage as an institution was created to foster an environment for a man and woman to get together for the purpose of making babies and raising those babies so they can go make more babies. Sorry if you still have an issue with this fact.

Just because some straight people are infertile, or choose not to have kids, does not mean that marriage is not an institution for a "man and a woman" to promote a family unit for the purpose of making babies.

Just because straight people get divorced at alarming rates does not mean that marriage is not an institution for a "man and a woman" to promote a family unit for the purpose of making babies.

Just because two gay people love each other and desperately need to have their relationship legitimized and mainstreamed by the rest of society, most likely due to some strong desire to stick a thumb in the eye of a mean old traditionalistic father that disowned them, it does not mean that marriage is not an institution for a "man and a woman" to promote a family unit for the purpose of making babies.

Militaristically demanding that everyone redefine an institution like marriage to now include gays, just because they are consenting adults that love each other, is patently absurd.

I may be an old-fashioned patriarchal mouth-breathing hick stuck in an episode of leave it to beaver, but that doesn't mean that marriage isn't defined as a union between a man and a woman to promote a family unit for the purpose of making babies.

Cope.

Scurry along now. Back to the bath houses with ye.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post

Oh, and I am also a gay male. Eric3781, maybe we will be neighbors!
Hey you can come over for a BBQ! Just don't expect me to call your buggery "a marriage"!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,356,956 times
Quote:
Hey you can come over for a BBQ! Just don't expect me to call your buggery "a marriage"!
I'm not married.....Yet. Soon enough human rights will prevail and gay men and women will be able to marry the ones they love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies