Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,151,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Do yourself a favor and read the entire thread before making buffoonish comments.

Go have all the hobbies you want. Does not mean that the meaning of your life is the pursuit of hobbies.

I don't really care what the "meaning of life" is. Science has nothing to do with that. You just attempted to say that science does something it doesn't actually attempt to do. Simply put, your understanding of science is a joke.

All life exists to pass on its genetic material to the next generation. Even a paramecium can grasp this concept.

Except that not all individual life does procreate. There is always a part of the group that does or cannot. Your blanket claims ignore an entire part of biological behavior. Again, your science is a joke.

The purpose of life is not chess, learning classical piano, shtooping other dudes, or becoming a world-class triathlete. The purpose of your life, whether you choose to accept it or not, is to make babies and then die.

Chess, playing the piano, bungee jumping, or coming onto threads and being an ignorant douche, well those are all choices made by people who have the intelligence to do so. Comparing it to sexuality is strange, considering sexual attraction is a biological, uncontrollable desire, unlike choosing to see a movie on a Saturday night. Having a baby is also not necessarily biological. It's biological to have sex and to have children, but there is no biological imperative at the individual level that every person must have a child. Indeed, that is true for many species, not only humans. Perhaps you should do a bit more research before embarrassing yourself like this.

I realize this takes a profound scientific mind to boil down the meaning of life to this one constituent. If you need to, smoke another joint and open your mind to the possibility that I am right. Life exists to procreate. Frogs, beavers, lilacs, even Sean Penn. All exist to procreate.

Heavy schitt I know, just ponder your existence for a minute and you will come to that realization.
I actually ponder the existance of people like yourself more and wonder how many generations it will take before such stupidity is selected out of the gene pool. Let's all hope very soon and you win a Darwin Award someday.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Cmon man you can bring something better than that weak sauce.
I could, sure, but why waste that kind of effort? You're not exactly a worthy opponent, though I think it's cute how you think you are.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:49 AM

988 posts, read 1,206,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I could, sure, but why waste that kind of effort? You're not exactly a worthy opponent, though I think it's cute how you think you are.
Yawn. Ok kid you've put me to sleep now. You can go sniff your own socks now with a smug sense of satisfaction. You really put me in my place didn't you?

Just remember, the purpose of your life, whether you choose to accept it or not, is to make babies and then die. From this day forward, every time you think you have come up with an answer to the meaning of life, you will subconsciously cross-check it against my profound arguments, and realize that there is no meaning to life other than to reproduce, pass on genetic material, then die. Stomp your feet like a petulant toddler all you want about it. It is still true and resistance is futile.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:49 AM

24,530 posts, read 33,420,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Don't like gay sex? Don't have it. Don't like gay marriage? Don't have one.
Don't like how marriage refers to opposite genders? Then don't get married.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,427,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Hear of back-peddling much?

And? Still not seeing how sex has anything to do with this issue, seeing as many straight couples do the very same things as lesbians & gay men. Next argument?

Dude, you don't even qualify as an adversary, based on the comments I've read so far... not a single point that can't be easily debated? So scared.
Even scared, angry, irrational, rampaging 5 year olds can bruise your shins if they get within kicking range.

But consider what may be causing him to act like that:

Conservatives Big on Fear, Brain Study Finds | Psychology Today

Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Yawn. Ok kid you've put me to sleep now. You can go sniff your own socks now with a smug sense of satisfaction. You really put me in my place didn't you?

Now who's playing with the weak sauce.

Just remember, the purpose of your life, whether you choose to accept it or not, is to make babies and then die. From this day forward, every time you think you have come up with an answer to the meaning of life, you will subconsciously cross-check it against my profound arguments, and realize that there is no meaning to life other than to reproduce, pass on genetic material, then die. Stomp your feet like a petulant toddler all you want about it. It is still true and resistance is futile.
I've never thought about the meaning of life, actually. I'm not religious, not spiritual. I find the concept of a god or higher power meant for those with low IQs and who wet the bed at the thought of death. Maybe I will have kids, maybe not. Maybe I'll just watch a movie that has a baby in it instead. None of this changes your embarrassingly dumb understanding of biology, and I suspect that if there's any petulant stomping going on, it's when you can't get a back-alley bj behind the local bear bar.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,260,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I find the concept of a god or higher power meant for those with low IQs and who wet the bed at the thought of death.
That's just a bit insulting don't you think?

Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,243,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You don't think the ~90% that are heterosexual can take care of that? And if we're letting infertile & post-menopausal people get married, how is it any different from letting gay people marry? It's not like all procreation will cease if John marries Dave, ya know... also not likely John & Dave will turn straight if we deny them the right to marry. You're only debating whether gay people should exist, not whether they should be allowed to marry. Focus please.

look, to me it does not matter. I dont believe that the federal or state goverments should be involved with marriages at all.

civil unions yes, as that is a court matter. but marriages are the pervue of the church, not goverment.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,243,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I'm not married.....Yet. Soon enough human rights will prevail and gay men and women will be able to marry the ones they love.

strange, I know people that are gay and lesbian that do not think homosexuals should be allowed to marry, including my daughter.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:41 AM

30,443 posts, read 52,125,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
That's just a bit insulting don't you think?
Says the poster who's insulted every gay & lesbian on the board, and even some of us straight folks. You're not one who should be playing "manners police," buddy.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-18-2012 at 01:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies