Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You sure have inspired a lot of left leaners to respond. Nearly an hour this has been here and not one reply to it.

Try my link to the letter:

The Letter That Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Gave to President Obama on Tarmac | TheBlaze.com
What is there to respond to?

Did Obama read the letter there on the tarmac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Brewer was out of line, and seems to have misrepresented her initial meeting with President Obama.
Our Arizona posters (the majority of them, at least) have characterized her as a liar. Judge for yourselves.

AZ Gov. Jan Brewer Remarks After Meeting with President Obama - YouTube

Old 01-27-2012, 02:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What is there to respond to?

Did Obama read the letter there on the tarmac?
I really don't know about that. Do you know? If he didn't see the last couple of lines he must have landed in attack mode and tore into her for telling what could be the truth about their WH meeting. I think he cut down on her thinking she would back down. How could he think like that the way he and Holder have been carrying on about Arizona state laws?

Can you point out the day or week that either of them, Holder or Obama made that short trek from Phoenix to the border to see how well they have it secured?

Old 01-27-2012, 03:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Brewer was out of line, and seems to have misrepresented her initial meeting with President Obama.
Our Arizona posters (the majority of them, at least) have characterized her as a liar. Judge for yourselves.

Let me try again. The forum computer thought I had completed my reply and shut me down when I punched the wrong key.

She behaved like politicians are supposed to do in that video in that she remained pretty cordial to those reporters. That is she was that way all the way except at about 2:25 when they kept after her about if she thought Obama understood the Arizona law that he and Holder had been after them about. She said, pretty nicely, that he is a lawyer and if he had read the law he surely understood it. As they kept pushing she got a really fake smile on her face and turned away from the final prodder.

Did she tell them that he had lectured her? I didn't hear that, at all, but she may not have wanted to tell them that our President did that to a state governor. I bet he lectured her that day about like he did Netanyahu before he walked out on him to go eat supper. Now I don't consider a Governor to be as important to treat decent as a national governor but then I bet his performance was about the same.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Quote:

Did anyone really expect her to walk out of the meeting, to the podium and state that "the meeting sucked, it was a total waste of my time and tax payers dollars and he is a jerk?"

Seriously???

Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Did anyone really expect her to walk out of the meeting, to the podium and state that "the meeting sucked, it was a total waste of my time and tax payers dollars and he is a jerk?"

Seriously???

Why not? She didn't hesitate to confront him in an insulting manner when he landed in AZ for this meeting. But, she wasn't pushing a book then.
Seriously.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
She wasn't throwing a hissy fit because of border issues or because Phoenix is the "kidnap capital of the country."

She was throwing a hissy fit because President Obama didn't like her book.
You seriously think that she thought Obama would like her book?

We all know how petty Obama can be, he could not wait to chew her ass for what she wrote in her book, he lectured her, and then rudely turned his back on her and walked off, while she was in mid-sentence.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Why not? She didn't hesitate to confront him in an insulting manner when he landed in AZ for this meeting. But, she wasn't pushing a book then.
Seriously.

The question is, did she LIE then or did she LIE in her book. Because we know at least ONE of he three versions from Wednedays night is a LIE. Dang she's told so many, can't determine which one is a LIE.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You seriously think that she thought Obama would like her book?

We all know how petty Obama can be, he could not wait to chew her ass for what she wrote in her book, he lectured her, and then rudely turned his back on her and walked off, while she was in mid-sentence.

damn right, he turned his back on a disrespectful unstable woman who had her finger in his face while in midsentence.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No, she was the one who rudely put her finger in someone's face.
..and Obama is so thin-skinned that he walked off in a huff, like a spoiled child. If he can't take a woman with a raised finger, where the hell does he hope to get the courage to face hostile world leaders? Nah, Obama is only brave when it comes to showing disrespect to the American people, or anyone he feels he can boss around without paying the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies