Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times

Advertisements

Prostitution thru history. St. Augustine famously was an advocate of legalized prositution. Quoth Augie if prostitution were to be suppressed, capricious lusts would then overthow society"

A brief history of brothels - This Britain - UK - The Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:08 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Don't go to church. Religion is optional.
And prostitution is forced? Not in my experience. If it is, I agree that should be illiegal. Otherwise, no.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Prostitution thru history. St. Augustine famously was an advocate of legalized prositution. Quoth Augie if prostitution were to be suppressed, capricious lusts would then overthow society"

It will not be legalized, people don't want it legalized... get over it

Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Was this before or after his conversion?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Was this before or after his conversion?
After his conversion.

The idea being that there will always be sinners and it is best to confine their sin in such a way that it does not drag down others into sin.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Yes. I'm ready to crack down on illegals anytime you are.
I'm for it ; legalizing prostitution would drastically reduce the number of illegals.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I'm for it ; legalizing prostitution would drastically reduce the number of illegals.
I was referring to the fact that fast food restaurants are now predominately staffed by illegals. Illegal immigration is far more exploitive than prostitution but liberals don't seem to have a problem with it.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I was referring to the fact that fast food restaurants are now predominately staffed by illegals. Illegal immigration is far more exploitive than prostitution but liberals don't seem to have a problem with it.
America's prostitute population has a disproportionate number of illegals in it, and in the parts of the US with the worst problems with illegal immigrations, it's hard to find a prostitute in the lower ranks of the trade who's not an illegal.

I'm fine with cracking down on human trafficking for both the sex trade and the fast food trade, and legalizing prostitution (and drugs) in the process. The number of illegals then would be quite small.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times
Should prostitution be legalized? Of course.
Our fine govt already pays women to go out and have sex with as many men as possible. The more babies, the bigger the paycheck.
Nothing wrong with a young, enterprising hot girl trying to make a few bucks.
Its always the ugly or insecure women that are against it.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
It will not be legalized, people don't want it legalized... get over it
Some people might want it legalized if it means that single mothers on welfare have to work in brothels instead of just getting a check from the government.

In Germany, which is a modern social democratic country with a woman as Chancellor, unemployed women who turn down working at legal brothels can lose all their social benefits from a welfare state far more generous than America's.

I'm not sure if this would be constitutional which is why I do not endorse it, but if it is constitutional to make women have to sell their bodies for WIC benefits then I'd be for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies