Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
First paragraph:
the GOP has become this intensely selfish, self-serving white evangelical Christian-dominated fascist political system

Third paragraph:
If we as a nation of diverse peoples don't learn to help one another (bonobos do a better job of it than we do), learn how to get along, to expand our compassion for our fellow human beings and the Earth itself, learn to live together as one people...

Hey man, good job learning how to get along and expand your compassion for your fellow human beings! It literally made me laugh to see how you go on with such somber earnestness about how the world would be wonderfully free of intolerance if only nobody disagreed with you. It's obvious you don't even see the irony in that and that's what makes it truly humorous.

Well, Klaos, I'm sure I can take any number of your posts, pull items of interest out of context the way you have, and make them look like something else. Not that doing so would make points you were trying to make any less meaningful. If quote mining is all you have, I'll leave you to it then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 04:56 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Is that what it's called now? Messy? Compromises?

Funny, we used to call it corruption and bribery and paybacks .... all of the Obama "waivers" issued to his political friends ...
You mean lobbying But yes, I mean all those factors that have lead to a messy solution that nobody is really happy with. Also includes concessions to opponents, etc. Maybe modern politics doesn't allow for more than mediocre solutions

Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
You should stop paying your taxes (that is, assuming that you do pay any taxes) because I have no doubt that there are a lot of things you are paying for that you believe you should not be paying for.
Posters of that trite over used response always think they're being so witty & profound. Fact is, I pay my taxes (and yes, I am part of the group that actually contributes every year to the federal coffers) because I must, not because I agree with all the spending done by the taxing authority. The issue being discussed, however, is whether it is within the scope of the federal governments Constitutionally granted powers to compel an individual to make a purchase said individual does not want to make. I say it's not.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Posters of that trite over used response always think they're being so witty & profound. Fact is, I pay my taxes (and yes, I am part of the group that actually contributes every year to the federal coffers) because I must, not because I agree with all the spending done by the taxing authority. The issue being discussed, however, is whether it is within the scope of the federal governments Constitutionally granted powers to compel an individual to make a purchase said individual does not want to make. I say it's not.
I say it is. So there you have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies