Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly they are smart enough to reognize that commerce ISNT taking place if you ARENT buying health insurance.

What are you if you dont know understand the difference between buying, i.e. commerce, and not buying, i.e. a lack of commerce?
The obligation to regulate commerce doesn't stop with a lack of an individual purchasing an item. Others are making purchases, and so the commerce can be regulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Why is it so difficult for YOU to comprehend that if you aren't on an insurance plan you are affecting the costs for everyone else?
Thats not the question, nor is that true. I've been paying cash for my care.
Quote:
You don't get a free ride simply because you want to behave badly at everyone else's expense.
On the contrary, I invest my premiums monthly into a self funded plan in a similar manner the insurance companies invest to make sure they have the funds to pay your premium, which will cover me up to a catastrophic limit which will kick in in the event I get really sick. The difference of course is I chose to invest my premiums while you choose to spend them, which means I'm NOT taking part in commerce.
Quote:
You are affecting interstate commerce by not protecting yourself from risks associated with today's healthcare costs and driving those costs up.
Wrong, in fact I'm driving down the costs by insuring myself against being kicked off any insurance police and making sure funds are available in order to pay for my own care. I dont need corporate sponsored insurance to make sure I have care, and this lack of a need means I'M NOT PARTAKING IN COMMERCE.
Quote:
Now, unless you want to live in your car, where you will be protected to a limited degree by auto insurance if you get injured, I suggest you man up. It's coming.
I've got mutliple homes, and multiple cars, which one shall I pick? Clearly I'm doing much better than you since my options arent limited to my vehicle, but thus far you havent shown one single instance how someone like myself, is taking part in commerce, by not buying a standard policy.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post

Wow, how mature. You must be proud.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
It is now time for a Govt funded health system to be implemented in the USA as has been done in all other Industrialised countries. A UHC works and works well for every single person and it costs less to run than today's health system in the USA. The creation of a UHC would also get rid of unemployment in the USA overnight. If there are still some who want to carry on with Insurance based health care....... no one is going to stop them and it will still probably cost them less for a Govt mandated health system AND their private health care as the Insurance companies woud have to compete with a Govt funded system and premiums would go way way down........... Everyone is a winner and no one in America will ever have to worry about their health care ever again. Health care will also be taken away from employment and medicare/aid or vet care will no longer be needed.

Quote:
The obligation to regulate commerce doesn't stop with a lack of an individual purchasing an item. Others are making purchases, and so the commerce can be regulated.
But it only affects THOSE MAKING THE PURCHASE.. Again, if one ISNT BUYING, there is NO COMMERCE TAKING PLACE.

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Why is it so difficult for YOU to comprehend that if you aren't on an insurance plan you are affecting the costs for everyone else? You don't get a free ride simply because you want to behave badly at everyone else's expense. You are affecting interstate commerce by not protecting yourself from risks associated with today's healthcare costs and driving those costs up. Now, unless you want to live in your car, where you will be protected to a limited degree by auto insurance if you get injured, I suggest you man up. It's coming.
Well, by not drinking milk or eating cheese, I am reducing the demand, affecting the cost of milk for everyone else, as well as the revenue of dairy farmers. Should I be required to buy milk & cheese?
By not owning a rifle, I am affecting the well armed militia that the second amendment acknowledges is required for the security of the free state. Perhaps the federal government should require that we all go buy a rifle?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You hear that, you selfish bass turds in Arizona? Buy some friggin' flood insurance!
Since you brought it up, if you live within a 100 year flood plain, you must, by Federal law, purchase flood insurance. You didn't know this? Huh.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is in the new Constitution the progressives want to write for us.
And yet it was the last two Republican presidents who ran us headlong into the last three wars. Perhaps you should complain to your own party.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It is in the new Constitution the progressives want to write for us.
Please, Republicans are just as responsible for overstepping the written constitution as Democrats.

In fact, its been going on since Washington was in the White House.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Since you brought it up, if you live within a 100 year flood plain, you must, by Federal law, purchase flood insurance. You didn't know this? Huh.
Actually thats not true, I live in a flood zone, (note my previous posting about dumping soil in ones yard), and I dont have flood insurance. That requirement is up to the mortgage company, not the federal government.

http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart...the_basics.jsp

Homes and businesses with mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders in high-risk flood areas are required to have flood insurance. While flood insurance is not federally required if you live in a moderate-to-low risk flood area, it is still available and strongly recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies