Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I assume, other than this, you have no issues with men.

Harborlady was giving you an opportunity to step back and think about what it's like to be a woman in a man's world; her posts have been grounded in the history of the Roman Catholic Church and, by extension,
the various other churches which evolved from it. Her arguments are very well thought-out and consistently informative. It isn't an issue about hating men, because every feminist has men in her life, be it a spouse, a son, a husband or friends. What it is about is the desire to dominate women, to refuse to accept them as equals. How sad that women had to wait until January of 2009 for a guarantee that they must be paid the same wages as male colleagues for doing exactly the same work...and that a law had to be passed to ensure that right for women to begin with.
Again, do you worry about being raped while out jogging, shopping, leaving work in the evening, or even walking your dog? These are realities for women and girls, and it's apparently difficult for men to stop and reflect on that absence of fear which they enjoy. These posts have been nothing less than both history and contemporary society as seen through the eyes of those who live with it and with its consequences. And harborlady is absolutely correct to denounce the Pauline books of the Bible, as Paul taught many things that contradict the words of Jesus due to his Roman upbringing and education. Of all of the apostles, Jesus loved Mary Magdalene the most; it seems odd that those who claimed to follow him cut women from positions of authority in the early Church, and made them subservient pieces of property. Never again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 03:37 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
You forget, they are alienating Republicans also.

Then you have the nuts in Virginia.

Va. House passes "personhood" abortion bill - CBS News
Yes, it appears Lydon LaRouche peddling his wares to conservative minds is working it's dark magic well. Sad to see conservatives disgrace themselves this way by allowing themselves to depart from Christianity in favor of a brainwashing politi-cult attempting to destroy America to satisfy their private agendas. Party of Lincoln not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Oh yay, an ad hominem attack instead of an answer, why I am not surprised by this?
I take it, by your answer, you are ok with paying for all the unwanted children that will be brought into this world because of denial of something as simple as the pill.
Wow, talk about not being able to see causal effect here.
But hey, I wish you all the happiness in the world in your myopic little bubble.
Nevermind all the grief your myopia is causing.
Catholic Bishops have a historic basis to run, not walk, from that idea. So too do all other denominations struggling to serve the flock finding themselves wrestling the exact same demons.

Other denominations can speak for themselves, but I'll speak for my own. Catholics ran orphanages in the early 1900's and it was a fiscal nightmare. Destitute families (home fires, disability, absence of planned parenthood) basically turned their children over to the Church and spent their meager wages and unregulated labor trying to earn enough money to bail their children out of the equivalent of a Church jail administered by Bishops through the labor of Nuns.

It was awful. It harmed families. A Sophies Choice for my own grandparents deciding which child out of 8 they could afford to bail out next, and the ones left behind like puppies in a dog pound. It was a family tragedy that began with a fire but compounded by dysfunctional economic & social policy. That's what late 1800's- 1900s looked like.

They've learned much in a century through these trials and errors which are, if you'll excuse my annoyance with their accusations leveled at atheists, using human beings for scientific experiments. It's inevitable whenever we try anything thing to solve a problem that we take the risk of exasperating the problem. The problem is when the cure is creating other diseases, you cannot credibly defend that cure any longer without putting yourself in the business of seeking out better cures.

They know better in some arenas. There is a better way with Catholic Charities, but they are underfunded to manage the onslaught if they should ever get 'their way' universally prohibiting BC and abortion. There is more homework to do on social ills and they are resisting it. This conduct they're engaging is making them incompatible with free society the same way fundies do in Israel and the Muslim world. The same way Evangelical extremists have as well. Using a host nation as a means to impose hamhanded control of huge swaths of people makes them incompatible with the true meaning and basis of the stated faiths in question. It also makes them incompatible with the civilization that is hosting them.

It's all self inflicted and they're claiming themselves victims of all others. They appear to be having psychiatric emergencies as a byproduct of cult habituation. The flawed logic of christian extremists claiming to be humbly serving God through establishing planetary DOMINION over all human beings on the globe is manifestly evil. Dominion belongs to GOD, not to mortals. No human being may OWN God. That mission statement is parallel track with tyrants and depots servicing New World Order schemes that are contrary to stated missions of UN. NWO schemes are attempting hostile takeovers of UN and all such legitimate orgs committed to world peace/ humanitarian endeavors. They are hijacking the mission statements, including Catholicism's mission statement, to serve their own agendas.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Its the death cry of this stuff is why. Animals always make the loudest display when they are backed into a wall or are dying. I suspect that after the republicans get swept out in the fall this is the last major effort they will be able to mount on this.
No. Evil has overrun the republican party through the propaganda & lobbyist door. How can we save our brother from himself? Moreover, how can we manage our personal religious lives when they allow themselves legal privilege to harass/ inflict themselves against the will of the majority?

If you can't play nice go home works for 7 yr olds, but not these people carrying on delusions of grandeur talking themselves into escalating delusions.

Quote:
We have been for quite awhile now.
Its called thread drift, and in this case, its related.
Agreed. It's also illogical to limit ourselves to speaking about a tablespoon when a globalized tsunami is afoot. This war on women is a broad category because it's been playing out that way for centuries. Let us count the ways, the depth, breadth, and the full ramifications. Sound bytes are not useful to comprehension.

Sound bytes didn't save Arrawack indians and folks closing their eyes clicking heels off to never never land lighting up a joint with an every man woman and child for themselves philosophy is not going to work. The majority of citizens have the latitude of being pacifist most of our lives because people defended us and upheld the civilization to afford that environment. Same for Amish. Without the unified defense from all others transcending gender/ age/ creed/ etc, animals would run them over in 5 min flat.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If you think I launched an ad hominem attack on you, then report me to the mods.
Ad hominem attacks on huge swaths of human beings is innocent?

Thanks for proving the existence of the war on women with your own conduct. No report to mods needed.

Quote:
For your reading pleasure;
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-coverage.html
There are several other related threads.
Mitch is upset his large pool of cheap unskilled labor is disrupted?
Could this be why Republicans willfully neglected illegal immigration marching across our borders for decades, yet quadruple the size of prison industrial complex in red states? Work for me illegally or I'll send you to prison? Isn't that a lot like slavery, which has been abolished long ago?

Quote:
I assume, other than this, you have no issues with men.
You're responding to something I'm pointing out originating in the Church and somehow you're implying I'm blaming Budhists now?

What a bizarre statement. Most of my lifelong friends and closest confidants are male. That busts the male bashing theory. The difference between them and the ones I'm BEHAVIORALLY pointing at has everything to do with men who fully own their lives vs ones who live their lives deluded blaming women for their misery the way a drunk blames a bottle for why they sold their kids on the black market for a hamburger today.

It is, as it ever was, all what you bring to a table with intention. I can turn anything we agree is good and worthy of defense/ promotion into something evil by corrupting the mission statement. That's how false religious and false patriotism delude themselves into killing their own children believing God told them.

I have no issue with any man who refrains from megalomaniac behavior. I have no issue with flagrant narcissists until they impose themselves in my life. If anyone has something meaningful to teach me, I am more than happy to learn. When you're selling me a bucket of malarkey, no matter WHO you are, I adamantly reserve the right to say no thank you, I'm having none. Simple, really. Why are you confused about this? Are you part of the problem or the solution?

Are rights responsibilities, or not? Because 2 different sets of rules in America are untenable to manage. That would be why republicans departed from core party principles and voted against ERA to protect a Queen Bee. They don't want women to be truly responsible for anything, but they do want a maintain a scapegoat by proxy for everything wrong in their world.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It's nice that in your opinion women she be treated like children. I pity any daughters you might end up having.
But, but, but... if you disrupt their evil prostitute & addict pimp machines, whatever will they do to make a living to feed the other human sacrifice machine, the muther of all welfare Queens, the Queen Bee GOP (the source of boys in mens bodies phenomena)???

Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
But, but, but... if you disrupt their evil prostitute & addict pimp machines, whatever will they do to make a living to feed the other human sacrifice machine, the muther of all welfare Queens, the Queen Bee GOP (the source of boys in mens bodies phenomena)???
They might actually have to grow up and be real men.
Thats not gonna happen in my lifetime, but it might in my daughters.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've often wondered why these women have been able to remain in forefront and the only reason I can think of is that they honestly do represent the current conservative woman. Monica Crowley is another example of the lunacy that comprises the female whackadoodles that has influence over the conservative woman.
These populist eye candy idiots peddling their wares are a blaring modern day example of everything Jesus rebuked, and yet, they have the audacity to claim themselves to be Christian! They simply AREN'T.

You'll have to look at 12 apostles, some of whom strongly disagreed with St Paul on legitimate grounds and he attempted to strong arm all others into compliance with his old covenant habituated world view (prime source of abuse by fundie/ orthodox justifications siding with Paul). St John stood up and reminded him much to his embarrassment-- it's not about US. It's about being faithful to the mission we were tasked.

Equally in history when the Catholic church did allow itself to be a platform for abuses of authority to occur, there was not a full blown departure of people who voted with their feet. Other remained to point out the error of their ways and to rebuild diplomatic channels. Others still fought with logic, reason and appeals. They defended the faith from within when something wicked took hold of the hearts of these wayward Popes. Not in service to themselves, or their personal agendas, but in service to the larger mission. They weren't motivated by political ambition or defiance to get their own way. They were motivated to save the Church from itself, which is the case right now with myself attempting to defend my own faith, which is Catholic. The Pope can, if he wants, rip the cross off my neck and excommunicate me to make a public example of me. I remain Catholic. It's in the marrow of my bones and no politician, atheist or Pope can ever change that without obliging themselves to kill me. I remain a Catholic just the same and am being persecuted by conservative catholics. Small c. They claimed in a Catholic forum/ publication that my centrist political position is a "Termite in the Church" that, by deductive reasoning, must be exterminated.

Protestants were correct in their way, and so too were the Anglicans in their way, and so too were those who refused to reject their identity of being Catholic and comply with an order to kill Cathars. They refused and they were killed by people claiming themselves to be true Christians when their deeds were opposite of their claims. Those who refused are in my eyes Saints, and no Papacy has ever humbled it's habit of worshiping of it's own institutional authority to ever honor them. Like a tomb of the unknown soldier that can't exist in their architecture, but it exists in the hearts of many in the flock who dared defend the teachings of Jesus from mortal theological authority running amok.

Just so you realize, Christianity is in fact under assault. The people who have been crying wolf for years are the perpetrators. It's being assaulted from within by corrupt individuals and bogus denominations peddling prosperity preaching etc etc. Not every Catholic priest is a pedophile, but installing one to undermine their real mission is not an accident. Neither is the instruction for conservatives in all other denominations to pile into the pews of Catholic Churches and creating megalomaniac committees. The same strategy applied to the Occupy movement dumping homeless, addicts, and militia men into their laps trying to use it as a recruiting station. This J Edgar Hoover stuff.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess we could always look to a women that allows her husband to have many affairs and then he disgrace's the women in public, as women who deserved it.
Give me a women on the left who has it all together, with no baggage, that doesn't allow a man to embarrass her in front of the nation..........

Guess you can say Fienstein, Boxer & Pelsoi who have made Washington a political career and voting in their own interests!!
Retardation on steroids. Pelosi only has daughters, not sons? The policies of all 3 reflect the reality that we need ONE nation serving the best interests of ALL. Which includes each gender managing it's own issues directly whenever humanly possible without petitioning the government for permission to breathe or exist etc etc. As opposed to Sally Kern who would prefer welfare programs and forced marriages rather than see equal wages for equal labor. She prefers that half the population remain in poverty so that she might continue on in circular logic blaming them for being trapped in poverty.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Link?
59% of Catholics Disapprove of Obama

Old 02-15-2012, 06:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Retardation on steroids. Pelosi only has daughters, not sons? The policies of all 3 reflect the reality that we need ONE nation serving the best interests of ALL. Which includes each gender managing it's own issues directly whenever humanly possible without petitioning the government for permission to breathe or exist etc etc. As opposed to Sally Kern who would prefer welfare programs and forced marriages rather than see equal wages for equal labor. She prefers that half the population remain in poverty so that she might continue on in circular logic blaming them for being trapped in poverty.
What did any of this have to do with what I said. Nice spin though!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies