Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 01:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Bubba: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Billy Joe: I don't know.
Bubba: Nothing ya ain't already told her twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I was was talking about birth control, if woman is sick and need that pill I dont have a problem with it. I guess when people resort to begging, yea they lose all shame can't argue with you there!!!
If I want to buy a product with my own wages and my employer is dictating through government policy by proxy that I may not, is that communism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
How much does birth control cost? 30 bucks a month? How about you pay that out of pocket. That way you can take power back.

That was easy wasn't it?
That same logic would make mincemeat of any insurance policy applicable to childhood immunizations and a whole host of other medical services.

It's a lot easier to design systems that serve the people using/ operating them and not pie in the sky ideologies. Birth control is a necessity for the majority of women of child bearing years. Loathing that she has the capacity to bear children when it doesn't apply to you DIRECTLY, although indirectly if you should ever create a situation where you're obliged to pay child support for the entire Duggar family, disqualifies your opinion.

It is not an employers 'right' or 'responsibility' to plan families or to dictate how any employee spends their wages (on insurance or open market services). OUT of the marital bed. OUT of other peoples checkbook. Get back to the Bible where they ever belonged. Being an employee is not consenting to abandon free will and civil rights.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
If I want to buy a product with my own wages and my employer is dictating through government policy by proxy that I may not, is that communism?

That same logic would make mincemeat of any insurance policy applicable to childhood immunizations and a whole host of other medical services.

It's a lot easier to design systems that serve the people using/ operating them and not pie in the sky ideologies. Birth control is a necessity for the majority of women of child bearing years. Loathing that she has the capacity to bear children when it doesn't apply to you DIRECTLY, although indirectly if you should ever create a situation where you're obliged to pay child support for the entire Duggar family, disqualifies your opinion.

It is not an employers 'right' or 'responsibility' to plan families or to dictate how any employee spends their wages (on insurance or open market services). OUT of the marital bed. OUT of other peoples checkbook. Get back to the Bible where they ever belonged. Being an employee is not consenting to abandon free will and civil rights.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
National Health. Problem Solved.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Free market, problem solved. National health equals rationing based on political pull.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
The war on women is real and is in full force in backward republican southern states right now.

Only a self hating woman would now even consider voting Republican.
Yes and no. And don't blame this all on the south because retardation is not specific to any region. It's distributed in higher concentrations in red states which is not a condition etched in stone. Neither is the political position on any issue in the camp of "red". If you do the same thing for thousands of years and persist in poor results, it might be the thing you're doing.

A self respecting true conservative woman would be calling these jokers to task for their abysmal behavior in plain sight. They have nothing but contempt for their female constituency and there's no denying it. Palin, Cain & Newt... family values? Come on, folks!

A self respecting true liberal woman would be calling religious and politicians to task for their abysmal behavior in plain sight. And they are.

Blaming the silence of self respecting conservative women on self respecting liberal women doesn't cut it with me. Would she speak as Abigail Adams did, she just might save the integrity of the conservative party. Instead, there are cartoons like Palin, Coulter, Bachman, Kern et al making a mockery of womanhood and conservativism alike.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
National Health. Problem Solved.
Yes! I mean look how outstanding Medicare has been managed and performed.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Yes and no. And don't blame this all on the south because retardation is not specific to any region. It's distributed in higher concentrations in red states which is not a condition etched in stone. Neither is the political position on any issue in the camp of "red". If you do the same thing for thousands of years and persist in poor results, it might be the thing you're doing.

A self respecting true conservative woman would be calling these jokers to task for their abysmal behavior in plain sight. They have nothing but contempt for their female constituency and there's no denying it. Palin, Cain & Newt... family values? Come on, folks!

A self respecting true liberal woman would be calling religious and politicians to task for their abysmal behavior in plain sight. And they are.

Blaming the silence of self respecting conservative women on self respecting liberal women doesn't cut it with me. Would she speak as Abigail Adams did, she just might save the integrity of the conservative party. Instead, there are cartoons like Palin, Coulter, Bachman, Kern et al making a mockery of womanhood and conservativism alike.
I've often wondered why these women have been able to remain in forefront and the only reason I can think of is that they honestly do represent the current conservative woman. Monica Crowley is another example of the lunacy that comprises the female whackadoodles that has influence over the conservative woman.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
What's this? Women not in the kitchen?

I kid! I kid! I don't have anything of value to contribute to this thread. Hope the discussion is going well, though!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Even women who are actually covered by insurance for birth control skip days of taking their pills because of 20 dollar co-pays.

In addition, the people who would be subject to this edict from the Catholic Church actually work at the hospital. What percentage of hospital workers do you think are going to be too destitute to pay for a pill that costs, at the most, 2 dollars/day?

My guess would be about 0%. What's your guess?
By virtue of taking employment from a not for profit institution, they're already taking a considerable loss in potential salary to support a mission statement of charity. They already paid at the office so-to-speak.

Beyond that point of consent, hobbling them additionally by obstructing access to insurance coverage they want and need to satisfy universal compliance with the catechism is egregious. The Church has every right to restrict employment only to catholics in full compliance with the catechism. It does not have the right to hire/ bait others of another faith and wield them into compliance with the catechism through secular writ.

It also doesn't have the right to alter medical treatments on catechism compliance basis when it is claiming to serve ALL. This means if an emergency room patient needs to take her birth control pills and the Dr, through imposed terms and conditions of employment, overrides this for religious objections under pretense of medical objections, he and his employer are flat out wrong. Especially if it would result in an abortion! So where's the line folks? Once they concoct these slippery slopes they're only going to steadily hijack secular management until it's forced into a theocratic dictatorship by proxy. Please review the cogent arguments of Barry Goldwater so very long ago. If they want purist ideology upheld, they will have to hire only catholics and serve only catholics in their catholic gated community. And the small c is not a typo.

I've already heard a considerable amount of disdain from Presbyterians locally already. They're justifiably angry. I'm Catholic and agree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies