Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Limbaugh trollish
Yes, he even looks like one 51 78.46%
No 14 21.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:02 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,316,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Then stick on your Foster Grants and buy a used dictionary; I'm not about to "dumb down" the way that I write...particularly when someone tries to insinuate that having a broad vocabulary is a bad thing.
As Limbaugh would say, "You are being elitist" with your fancy books, like the dictionary.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:12 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,027,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Not me. You couldn't pay me enough to listen to or watch him.

I've caught bits and pieces of him over the years, and from what I have heard, I came to the conclusion a long time ago that he doesn't have a kind or decent or compassionate bone in his body.

Yep...right on the money. Rush sells contempt for a living, so why would he feel the need to be compassionate? Cape Girardeau is only about 80 miles from where I live; I know Rush, inside and out...I grew up around people just like him. People who find "Amos and Andy" dialogue funny. People who don't care about the consequences of what they say, until it comes back to bite them on the butt. Just like Rush being a drug addict;
"Send them all upriver," until it came to his own law-breaking, and it was a very different tune that he was singing then. And seriously...it had to kill
him when he didn't do well in junior college and less privileged kids did. He's as small a man inside as he is a large one on the outside.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:12 AM

3,503 posts, read 3,150,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Does it really bother you for people to use correct English and express themselves well? Would you prefer for us all to communicate in simple grunts and shrugs? I'll dumb the post down for you: Limbaugh is a pompous windbag paid to represent an elitist agenda. I put him in the same category as Rachel Maddow : a propagandist paid to promote an agenda. Opposite agendas, same propaganda technique.
Maddow is, from an intellectual standpoint, much smarter.

Rush is shrewd, but i wouldn't stack his intellect against Maddow's any day. He would be too busy spewing dittohead lingo like "Spend-O-Crats" or "Dumb-O-Crats" while she was using real actual words and stuff. Whether you agree with her politics or not, there's no way Rush can compete with her at all on an intellectual level.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
As Limbaugh would say, "You are being elitist" with your fancy books, like the dictionary.

LOL! I could have gone all out and suggested Roget's Thesaurus, but that would have been snarky.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:14 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,249,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Whether you agree with her politics or not, there's no way Rush can compete with her at all on an intellectual level.
My point is that both say what they are paid to say.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
...he loves nothing more than the sound of his own voice.
More like the smell of his own farts.
But yeah, same idea.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Maddow is, from an intellectual standpoint, much smarter.

Rush is shrewd, but i wouldn't stack his intellect against Maddow's any day. He would be too busy spewing dittohead lingo like "Spend-O-Crats" or "Dumb-O-Crats" while she was using real actual words and stuff. Whether you agree with her politics or not, there's no way Rush can compete with her at all on an intellectual level.
Limbaugh is an entertainer foremost. He's also a great marketer who knows his audience. Outside of that I don't regard him as a great intellect, average at best.

Maddow, I know very little about.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
My point is that both say what they are paid to say.
Or both are paid to say what they think. Though all political commentary can become so cartoonish these days that you have to wonder if any of these people are for real, or if they all hang out together after hours counting stacks of money as they rub their hands together cackling.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Limbaugh is an entertainer foremost. He's also a great marketer who knows his audience. Outside of that I don't regard him as a great intellect, average at best.

Maddow, I know very little about.

Maddow is one smart cookie; she studied at Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar, then stayed on to get her doctorate. Limbaugh couldn't best her in a debate; he'd resort to trying to yell over her, which tends to happen to intelligent women when they run up against a man who resents her for being more intelligent than he is himself.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Or both are paid to say what they think. Though all political commentary can become so cartoonish these days that you have to wonder if any of these people are for real, or if they all hang out together counting stacks of money as they rub their hands together cackling.
Limbaugh even physically looks like a caricature. Look at the album cover for hair band Warrant's "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich" , look familiar?

http://crocmusic.com/images/albums_l...nking_rich.jpg

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies