Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
That's funny because when my air went down they sent out a tech who gave me an estimate for free, and then repaired it rather then replaced it. I dare say you are allowing your imagination to run wild here.
Of course you think it was for "free."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Everyone gives free estimates.
Right... Nothing is free and those cost are built into the bill you get. The markup is 200% on parts and it cost you a "trip fee" just to arrive.

The free estimates come with system replacements.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
HGTV is the enemy of design professionals like me.
Please dont presume to tell me how to do my job.
Changing an alternator is easy.....restoring a 69 SS Chevelle with original parts is more my style.
You cant stand it that women know how to do mechanical things, can you?
I bet it was easy. What voltage does a battery have to be at to keep from destroying the windings on your brand new alternator?

You did check that, right?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
HGTV is the enemy of design professionals like me.
Please dont presume to tell me how to do my job.
Changing an alternator is easy.....restoring a 69 SS Chevelle with original parts is more my style.
You cant stand it that women know how to do mechanical things, can you?
Quote:
Favorite TV Shows

HGTV, Food Network, History Channel
Uh huh...

Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I have to agree with Pastelito here. Don't hit girls. Be a gentleman and treat them like the ladies they aren't.

Yes, these women are nasty and hypocritical, but a man should never strike a woman for her insulting provocations. That's what they want, in many cases. It's the bad boy syndrome. They won't respect you until they provoke you into doing something very wrong. But it's not worth the price.
If you think women want to be hit by men, under any circumstances--that if a woman gets into an argument with a man, she's secretly begging him to give her a black eye because she likes "bad boys"--then you've got more problems than I can deal with.

As far as "back talking" goes here--is that how some of you see it? You say something stupid, women say something back, and they're "back talking" vs calling you out for being a complete idiot/jerk? To look at it that way, you'd have to consider yourself superior, just because you're male, to everyone around you, and that you somehow have the right to say whatever you want without opposition just because you're male. That not only makes some of you jerks--it makes you delusional.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 PM

438 posts, read 947,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
If she gets up in his face like she's going to attack, then I believe it's justifiable. And I definitely believe he should defend himself if she's crazy enough to strike first.

And if a man can't hit a woman for talking bad to him, then she shouldn't attack him for talking bad to her.
I'll agree that a woman should not attack a man for talking badly to her.
And yes, there are some crazy women out there, who will talk $#!& and provoke people, but that doesn't mean men can hit them! Besides the fact that men can cause serious physical harm to a woman with a beating (more than she could likely cause him...), it is not right to "solve" issues in this manner in a civilized society. If a woman is annoying enough that a guy want to hit her, he needs to consider a break-up/divorce/anger management therapy combo.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You would think that with all the wonderful progress of feminism in the last century - the right to vote, the right to divorce at will, contraception and "the pill", the right to have their own children murdered in the womb, the right to romance without strings, the right to reject men for lesbianism, massive economic gains and financial independence, feminist domination of the American workplace, female dominance in academia, a majority of college graduates now being female, etc. etc. etc. - that women would be getting happier and happier and happier!

Instead the reverse is true. The more feminism gains, the more women lose. Women are becoming increasingly more miserable with every nail in the coffin of the patriarchy that once protected them. Read the data: The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness.
It's YOU tying the decline to feminism, NOT the report you linked to.

Decline in happiness could be from a multitude of reasons.

YOU want it to be feminism.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It's YOU tying the decline to feminism, NOT the report you linked to.

Decline in happiness could be from a multitude of reasons.

YOU want it to be feminism.
End of discussion.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
I'll agree that a woman should not attack a man for talking badly to her.
And yes, there are some crazy women out there, who will talk $#!& and provoke people, but that doesn't mean men can hit them! Besides the fact that men can cause serious physical harm to a woman with a beating (more than she could likely cause him...), it is not right to "solve" issues in this manner in a civilized society. If a woman is annoying enough that a guy want to hit her, he needs to consider a break-up/divorce/anger management therapy combo.
Why do you hate women and think they're weaklings who couldn't hurt a fly if they wanted to?

Besides, women don't fight physically. They go straight for the psychological throat.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Uh huh...
Maybe, it's just to see what their doing wrong!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies