Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should parents be able to circumcise their son?
Yes 206 75.74%
No 66 24.26%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 02:52 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,706 times

Advertisements

Male Circumcision is completely safe and has numerous health benefits, among which is reducing the risk of HIV and other STDs, it's also easier to clean and most women prefer the cut look to uncut. It is also a covenant with God.

I was circumcised after I was born. I enjoy sex just fine. It doesn't make any difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Sigh....I worked as a nurse in a small hospital in a general surgical unit. I can't tell you how many adult male circumcisions were performed and according to the men it was excruciatingly painful. They developed strictures, chronic UTI's and a few other related health issues - all would not have happened if they had the procedure as infants. Every single one of those men wished they had been circumcised as infants.
I am certain they did and for 1 good reason. They wouldn't remember it.
No elective surgery should be done to an infant unless it is for health concerns.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Male Circumcision Cuts Women

Circumcision helps slow the spread of some sexually transmitted diseases.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Male Circumcision is completely safe and has numerous health benefits, among which is reducing the risk of HIV and other STDs
I don't know many sexual active infants at risk of contracting HIV and other STIs. Do you? If a man, or a teenage boy, wants to reduce his risk of contracting STIs, then by all means he should consider having himself circumcised.

Quote:
It is also a covenant with God.
Cool. If a man, or a teenage boy, wants to enter into a covenant with a god by lopping off part of his genitals, he should absolutely be free to make that decision.

Quote:
I was circumcised after I was born. I enjoy sex just fine. It doesn't make any difference.
How could you possibly know that?

Last edited by hammertime33; 05-31-2014 at 03:12 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Male Circumcision is completely safe and has numerous health benefits, among which is reducing the risk of HIV and other STDs, it's also easier to clean and most women prefer the cut look to uncut. It is also a covenant with God.

How would you know? You don't have a before and after reference.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:02 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
From reading medical information and talking to Doctors. I also know someone who went from uncut to cut and he said he doesn't notice any difference.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:05 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't know many sexual active infants at risk of contracting HIV and other STIs. Do you? If a man, or a teenage boy, wants to reduce his risk of contracting STIs, then by all means he should consider having himself circumcised.
I'm rather thankful my mom had me circumcised as a newborn, so I wouldn't have to worry about it in adulthood. Yikes!

Quote:
How could you possibly know that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why, precisely

Old 05-31-2014, 04:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I'm rather thankful my mom had me circumcised as a newborn, so I wouldn't have to worry about it in adulthood. Yikes!
What if you felt otherwise (like many men do)? What other body parts do you think your mother should have had the right to permanently cut off you?

Old 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
What if you felt otherwise (like many men do)? What other body parts do you think your mother should have had the right to permanently cut off you?
Hard to say whether these "many" men feel bad about it all on their own, or because someone was harping on the topic, saying crap like "You probably don't feel 'whole', huh?" or "You'll never know how good sex would've been!!" But there's no winning on that, really. I might've felt otherwise, and that would suck. But then I'd feel pretty bad if I had to (or felt like I had to) get a circumcision as an adult, whether it be for the sake of my health or the whole aesthetic argument.

And what other body parts do you think there are benefits to removing, that might justify the loss/risks?

Old 05-31-2014, 04:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
From reading medical information and talking to Doctors. I also know someone who went from uncut to cut and he said he doesn't notice any difference.
That's like saying I know what an orgasm feels like from reading medical information.
It doesn't work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies