Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why I'm responding to someone who uses first grade grammar and then comes back posting a link with the incorrect context trying to justify it is beyond me but here we go..
Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

[quote=Rick Roma;23093856] As you can see he went out patrolling, looking around, or whatever you want to call if first in his truck and then he grabbed his gun and went out on foot...(to his neighbors) [/quote] you forget the portion in red....and what link did I post...I'll be waiting for that also.....

Ah yes, the man who cannot, or is not willing to even admit he was wrong, even in his own words....has to tackle grammar....smooth move....

I'll admit, I had to type quick on that posting....however, now that you brought up grammar, then I expect you to hammer everyone else in this thread...or are you just showing that you are picking and choosing?

He did not even get his pistol till after he got back...looking around....then he got his pistol and went down to his neighbors...

So, please tell us....how he was patrolling his neighborhood (without a pistol) is wrong?....If you are calling all people who do the "Neighborhood watch" as vigilantes, WITHOUT a pistol.......I would be embarrassed.

Walking down to your neighbors, with a gun is not patrolling the neighborhood...

Quote:
Also, this wasn't even regarding whether he patrolled the neighborhood or not:

That was another clueless poster who claimed the gun owner was on his own property. Feel free to quit while you're behind.
Not even close to beinig clueless....and please show me where I ever said he was on his property, while this happened....I'll be waitinig....

Quit, why? Cause your an instructor....hahahaaaaa yea o.k.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 11:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Coming from you that enforces the fact that I'm spot on. Calling the cops will not protect you like many here are arguing.
I don't disagree. The police are minutes away when seconds count. Can you explain why the guy in the OP needed protection?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
I would much rather have Mr. Flemming as a neighbor than some useless coward that is going to go hide in the corner while his neighbor's house is burglarized. Or call the police, who, if they aren't busy that night, might come out and take a report after the fact. I suspect the real reason that Flemming was arrested was because the police actually had to arrest the burglar and haul him off. No money in that...

Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,666,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I would have blown the fool back into the house and the Sheriff would have helped me shovel the JA off my floor. But then that's west Texas.

Hell yea....Sanderson baby!!!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Yes, he did. Please feel free to actually get up to speed on what really happened and then try again.
I see you can't handle disagreements.

From the article, "Dennis Fleming, 61, of Farmington, was arrested for reckless conduct after the Saturday incident at his 19th century farmhouse. The single grandfather had returned home to find that his home had been burglarized and spotted Joseph Hebert, 27, climbing out of a window at a neighbor's home. Fleming said he yelled "Freeze!" before firing his gun into the ground, then held Hebert at gunpoint until police arrived.[LEFT]
Read more: New Hampshire Man Arrested For Firing Gun Into Ground While Catching Suspected Burglar | Fox News

Please point out where the article says he was NOT on his own property when he fired into the ground.

The article doesn't state where he was.
[/LEFT]

Old 02-22-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The right to openly carry a gun does not give you the right to be a vigilante. Show me where the 2nd amendment says you can play cop.

Why didn't you put the rest of text from your own link
Doing an act to stop a criminal is NOT being a vigilante, it is using common sense and he was NOT "playing" cop, IMO.

He held the criminal UNTIL the cops arrived.

He did NOT use deadly force.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:52 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,173,765 times
"Do I need to help you digest all of that?"

No, I under stand law and the way it is written very well, thanks

was his neighbor his

"(C) the third person whose land or property he
uses force or deadly force to protect is the actor's spouse, parent,
or child, resides with the actor, or is under the actor's care."
"
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible,
movable property by another is justified in using force against the
other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force
is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the
property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit "

It says force not deadly force and "immediately or in fresh pursuit "

i'll take a link to read it. Do they give any definitions with the law/statue/bill/act or what ever Texas is calling it?

he no longer was in fresh pursuit when he went back and got his gun and went searching the neighborhood.

but it's still some good info, thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 11:56 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Hell yea....Sanderson baby!!!
I've never been to Sanderson, Texas but, from what I read on C-D, I'm probably not missing anything but a bad time.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:58 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
As long as he carries the weapon openly, he can go almost anywhere he wants in NH except courtrooms.

As long as he has a right to be where he is, under some conditions he has a right to use deadly force to protect himself, someone else or property.
SB 0088

It used to be more restrictive - you could only use deadly force in your home.
Veto override expands NH deadly force law » New Hampshire » EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

However, his life was not in danger although he claims he fired the gun to protect himself.
Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Please point out where the article says he was NOT on his own property when he fired into the ground.

The article doesn't state where he was.
The Fosters article above is possibly a better source. According to that one, he went down the street to talk with neighbors.

They found watches, coins etc in the backpack. I guess the question should be asked as to what is sufficient to trigger the need to protect property. If someone tries to steal a wide screen TV? A box of tools? A ham sandwich?

The other thing to keep in mind is that even though the gun laws are pretty loose here, you better have a very good reason to fire a gun in town or too close to someone else's house.
Frequently Asked Questions about NH Gun Laws | Pro-Gun New Hampshire

Old 02-22-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Note I said carry concealed. Can you cite NH law on concealed carry? Apparently you were never taught that multiple wrongs don't make a right as you keep posting wrong info over and over again.....
Why are you trying muddle the issue? He was NOT carrying a concealed weapon. He had it out in plain sight.

Concealed Carry has nothing to do with this indecent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies