Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Radio shack, who wants contact information even if you're buying a battery.
I was told by an ad exec at Tandy that this was only to be able to mail out catalogs.

I simply say 'Cash Sale' at the counter. If I get any flack, I walk away to another sales clerk. I'm out the door if they press me.

Sad thing is.....my actions are now on the 'see something, say something' tattle list and they're supposed to call DHS on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

I detest this form of retail sales, and has even prodded me to buy more things online in order to avoid these gnats.
You aren't the only one. Every try grocery shopping with kids when they strategically place the bubble gum and candy bars right where they can reach them knowing mom is unloading the cart, watching the register, and paying the tab?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:01 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Or the "Would you like to donate to XXXXXXXXX" before they total up your tab.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Radio shack, who wants contact information even if you're buying a battery.
I tell them I’d rather not and they let me skip the personal intel briefing and just go ahead and make my simple anonymous purchase. I don’t care for any catalogs or to part of a customer demographic with my personal contact information data available to be sold or traded with third parties.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I hate shopping period, and absolutely hate it when retail sales follow me around the store asking me constantly if I need help...I want to look around first and focus, then if I'm ready to buy, fine, but if they keep coming over to me, it disturbs any focus and I leave...and go somewhere where I can seriously eye browse and think about the product...picture it in my home, etc.
I do a lot of online shopping and am never really dis-satisffied.
Do you work at Dillard's? I was curious why you started the anti-Dillard's thread.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Costco, Sam's Club, and Home Depot has security guards that demand to see your receipt after you paid the cashier.
I've never seen that at HD, and I've been to a lot of them, in several states. Must be a local thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
One guard tried to stop me, I told him that the items I had were my property and he has no right to detain or search me.
Actually, at Costco or Sam's, they do. Didn't you read the agreement you signed when you bought your membership?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Home Depot has security outside at the North Miami store, but not in Tennessee...it must be a regional thing.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,727 times
The grocery stores that require a special club card for discounts. Why don't you just lower your prices.

Asking for my email address, --Apple Store is Kool, because they email your receipt but

Old 02-28-2012, 04:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
What i hate, is well i take my time shopping, read lablels, look at everything, sales items, new items etc, in grocery or a retial store.

I hate the fact, that these days, you cannot take your time reading lables or looking at certain items of interest. Without, having eyes on you. That drives my Italian Temper, CRAZY. Then they come to you, may i help you with something, you seem to need help. No i don't i like taking my dang sweet time, and that is my business.

To avoid so much of the crap, i do buy online, have sites i have been dealing with for years, make deals with them, get bargains, can't if you do not ask, and i get my deals and then some, which in stores, i could not do.

What i hate is the store is going to have a huge, sale, or going out of business sale. Lo and behold, the prices seem to get raised, before putting the prices down. A manager in a large major department store, even confirmed my suspicions on this.
You think your getting a hek of a deal, your really not. Or guess what, the business never went out of business.
I hate employees, that are of no use, you ask them a question, and they are like, ha what! drives me nuts, so much of time, i am telling employees infoirmation i know of that they should know, as i just did with BESTBUY. I knew 2 new model microwaves that were out, and the model numbers, the checker, tried to tell me there store did not have this item, it did not exist. Oh yes it did. He checked this book, and there it was, had to be special order a new samsung microwave the largest one out there, but they had it, and i knew it was on sale, the checker did not even have a price for this. What use are they.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:33 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Petco had a sign "Do you want to save an animal's life?" as their prod to add to the debit card a donation to xx charity.

Of course I want to save an animal's life, but I resent being asked in that particular tone. It cost them a donation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies