Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

The next up on the GOP schedule for immediate action, the pressing issue of... Birth Control? Err, wasn't that resolved 60 yrs ago? Apparently when you have nothing else to concern yourself about ....

GOP mulls contraception strategy - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The next up on the GOP schedule for immediate action, the pressing issue of... Birth Control? Err, wasn't that resolved 60 yrs ago? Apparently when you have nothing else to concern yourself about ....

Hey ********* !!! WHo brought this thing up in the first place!??!?!?! You friggin people and the pathetic media know damn well NO ONE was talking about this until Obama made his unconstitutional move.

Talk about nothing else to concern yourself with....

Obama's admin isnt concerned about lowering gas prices
Chu to Congress: We’re not interested in lowering gas prices « Hot Air

Obama has been more concerned with re-election and campaign mode for a while now.

While our economy was in the tank in 2008, what do Obama and the Dems do??? Push for Obamacare.

And thats only part of it. Your statement, much like the medias', is nothing but garbage and you all are complicit with corruption and the transforming of our nation from something great to something we will never ever recover from.

And Obama isnt doing anything to truly strengthen the job situation and he hasnt....except you ***** on the left and in the media think the Stimulus (temporary public work) was about jobs...

Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
There is no Republican advocating against birth control. Some are against forcing others to pay for it. This is a left wing media issue.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Hey ********* !!! WHo brought this thing up in the first place!??!?!?! You friggin people and the pathetic media know damn well NO ONE was talking about this until Obama made his unconstitutional move.

Talk about nothing else to concern yourself with....

Obama's admin isnt concerned about lowering gas prices
Chu to Congress: We’re not interested in lowering gas prices « Hot Air

Obama has been more concerned with re-election and campaign mode for a while now.

While our economy was in the tank in 2008, what do Obama and the Dems do??? Push for Obamacare.

And thats only part of it. Your statement, much like the medias', is nothing but garbage and you all are complicit with corruption and the transforming of our nation from something great to something we will never ever recover from.

And Obama isnt doing anything to truly strengthen the job situation and he hasnt....except you ***** on the left and in the media think the Stimulus (temporary public work) was about jobs...
Oh, I see. It's the Dems leading the Repubs around by their noses. I got it now.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Oh, I see. It's the Dems leading the Repubs around by their noses. I got it now.
See, thats the thing. You KNOW im right. You know this was used by Obama for political purposes. Trying to get things off track and to get people to stop talking about jobs/gas/economy.

What Obama did was unconstitutional and planned. He knew damn well what he did was wrong and that we were going to fight to make it right. He has no damn business telling employers what to do. NONE.

You know I was right, yet you made that idiotic statement to open this thread anyways. Figures

Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:

Well of course the Republicans are standing up for religious freedom, angainst bigots.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
See, thats the thing. You KNOW im right. You know this was used by Obama for political purposes. Trying to get things off track and to get people to stop talking about jobs/gas/economy.

What Obama did was unconstitutional and planned. He knew damn well what he did was wrong and that we were going to fight to make it right. He has no damn business telling employers what to do. NONE.

You know I was right, yet you made that idiotic statement to open this thread anyways. Figures

This was thrown out as red meat for the media to get the public to forget about:

1. Fast and Furious
2. Solyndra
3. Losing Afghanistan
4. Losing Iraq
5. Keystone Pipeline

Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
There is no Republican advocating against birth control. Some are against forcing others to pay for it. This is a left wing media issue.
Nonsense.

Republicans are trying to let psychotic religious crazies dictate women's health issues. FYI, if you don't pay for birth control directly you'll pay for it in other ways including unwanted births. I first started taking birth control pills not because I was sexually active at the time but because my doctor suspected endometriosis when I was in my teens. Why shouldn't MY health care plan cover MY health care issues? Why should a group of backwards religious fanatics get to determine what is and what is not covered by MY health care plan?

This is right wing pandering to the worst elements of the Catholic church. Shame on them!

Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Nonsense.

Republicans are trying to let psychotic religious crazies dictate women's health issues. FYI, if you don't pay for birth control directly you'll pay for it in other ways including unwanted births. I first started taking birth control pills not because I was sexually active at the time but because my doctor suspected endometriosis when I was in my teens. Why shouldn't MY health care plan cover MY health care issues? Why should a group of backwards religious fanatics get to determine what is and what is not covered by MY health care plan?

This is right wing pandering to the worst elements of the Catholic church. Shame on them!
Exactley what I was talking about the Republicans are standing up for religious freedom against bigots.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 AM

See, you people can't even point out action by the House that would help create Jobs. You can only refer to anti-Healthcare or your social agenda. The only thing the Repubs have presented as a "Jobs Bill" is cut taxes for wealthy and deregulate. The same plan that has proven to fail for the last decade or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies