Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You like silencing everyone you don't agree with? Is that really the kind of country you want?

Sure, allow that, and you might not be far behind.
It is the advertisers who are dropping Rush. This is a capitalistic "kind of country" we have here.

Also, remember the Supreme Court ruled. Corporations (that pay for advertisements) are persons and allowed the right to free speech. Wouldn't Rush Limbaugh agree to that?

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh Learns that Free Speech is a Two-Way Street
http://messagingmatters.com/2012/03/...wo-way-street/

Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now we got that nutbird Allred screaming about wanting to sue him. Just creates more listeners for the guy. Hell the best advertisement he's gotten in years has come out of this whole thing and it's free all over the msm.
The libs never get that. Every time they take a swing at him, his ratings go up.

I was able to catch the last hour of his show the other day, and I get the feeling the left is going to regret going at him so hard. I've never heard him so focused, so angry and so directly exposing the hypocrisy of the left and the media. I hope you nitwits on the left keep pounding on him. Rush has been at this a long time and can handle himself, and that just kills you guys, doesn't it?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:44 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
I'll make a deal with any poster who thinks Rush on his way out.

If Rush is still on the air 1 month from now, you stay off the board for 1 year.

If he is gone after 1 month I will stay off for 1 year.

I read a lot of bravado and predictions.

Put up or shut up.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The libs never get that. Every time they take a swing at him, his ratings go up.

I was able to catch the last hour of his show the other day, and I get the feeling the left is going to regret going at him so hard. I've never heard him so focused, so angry and so directly exposing the hypocrisy of the left and the media. I hope you nitwits on the left keep pounding on him. Rush has been at this a long time and can handle himself, and that just kills you guys, doesn't it?
Let's just say his ratings DO go up. Awesome! That'll keep him filled with self-confidence, guaranteeing he will always make these sorts of mistakes. You see, the bigger picture involves people making the association between his views and his foolish remarks. So what if his pockets get even fatter than he is. Someday, he will die. But the correlation between a belief in what he stood for and this type of immaturity and irrationality has been made apparent.

I say, let him keep talking all he wants! He can only hurt his own mission.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
This is one of the funnier commentaries I've seen on it.

Should be worth a chuckle for fans and detractors alike.
Philip Maddocks: Advertisers stunned that Rush Limbaugh would say something inappropriate - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise

Old 03-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Jon Stewart sheds light on the Limbaugh remarks and consequences of which.

March 05, 2012 - Shaun Donovan - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
[quote=Quick Enough;23346292]I'll make a deal with any poster who thinks Rush on his way out.

If Rush is still on the air 1 month from now, you stay off the board for 1 year.

Put up or shut up.[/quote]

Censorship from the far right when they don't like the facts interesting.

Its against TOS to tell people to not write, as well as the Constitution. Sorry, you dont get to control the discourse here.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
[quote=dreamofmonterey;23346628]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I'll make a deal with any poster who thinks Rush on his way out.

Put up or shut up.[/quote]

Censorship from the far right when they don't like the facts interesting.

Its against TOS to tell people to not write, as well as the Constitution. Sorry, you dont get to control the discourse here.
Sounded like a friendly bet not an attack on someones rights.

Overreact much?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 AM

The exodus continues............

Quote:
Radio-Info.com reported on Friday that 98 advertisers have told Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates Rush Limbaugh's radio show, that they want to avoid advertising on Limbaugh's show and other programs with content "deemed to be offensive or controversial":
Quote:
The list includes carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants (McDonald's, Subway).
Limbaugh's Advertiser Exodus Expands Exponentially | Media Matters for America

Last edited by jojajn; 03-10-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
MTA, unlike the average Rush fan, I choose to believe my lying eyes over Rush's hot air. I'm no expert on radio advertising (unlike all of Rush's defenders), but even I can tell that 74 PSAs and 5 paid adverts isn't a good sign.
Then we agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies