Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Fluke did not testify, it was a media event set up by the dems. The hearing was not about whether or not some college student uses the pill. The hearing was titled “Lines Crossed: Separation of Church and State. Has the Obama Administration Trampled on Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Conscience,” it was not about how many students use the pill.
Now you're quibbling over whether she gave 'testimony' to the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee hearing on Women's Health and Contraception. Call what she said whatever makes you happy.

The point is, claims that she never spoke [happy ?] about herself are false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What difference does it make where her scholarship came from?

What don't you understand about "if Rush had kept his big, fat, disgusting mouth shut, we would never have heard from her again?"

Sheesh.........
Obama and crowd would have found something to further their declaration that Republicans are against women. Limbaugh just gave them a chance to play the game with more verve.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
She was never presented as a randon innocent student, whatever you think that means. She has an interest in this stuff which is why she wanted to talk. WHY would someone who didn't know or care want to speak on the subject?
I have a feeling that you haven't seen my link to the C-SPAN video about the whole hearing that Nancy Pelosi had to do some hard work to get up. It was a hearing that contained 4 Democrats from the Ways and Means Committee but not all the Dems on the committee. Listening to them one could tell why not all of them were there. You can find it on Google or even on this thread where I put it yesterday.

I think that Ms. Pelosi actually told the story the way you say she didn't, but I could be wrong.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Obama and crowd would have found something to further their declaration that Republicans are against women. Limbaugh just gave them a chance to play the game with more verve.
Well, then don't blame Miss Fluke. She happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (or the right place and right time, depending on your outlook).

If, as you say, "Obama and his crowd would have found something to further their declaration......", then Rush played right into their hands and it really has nothing to do with Miss Fluke.

She certainly hasn't deserved the abuse she's received from Rush and his supporters.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
lol... the more they talk, the more Democratic votes I see.
Hey, WC, have you seen this whole video about the Pelosi "hearing" that this whole thing is about? I bet you could learn something. I surely did when I watched it.

Women's Health and Contraception - C-SPAN Video Library

Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Why should the presidential candidates insert themselves into this?
Because RUSH is a big wheel in the GOP, whether you all want to admit it or not. The candidates certainly should have addressed it - and in stronger words than they did - but they are ALL afraid to cross him. That's how much power and influence that fat pig has.

Mittens is pretty much saying that we should just go in and bomb Iran - but he's afraid of a foul-mouthed, disgusting excuse for a human. What a weak, pathetic little man he is to not come out with anything stronger than "it's not the language I would have used."

Weak and pathetic - all of them, but especially Mittens, with all his war talk but not the strength to condemn RUSH for a three day ATTACK on a young woman.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:37 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Default Of course she's a phony and it's a set up

Another phony plant by the Dhimmicrats. So who didn't see this coming?

Stunner. Georgetown "Coed" Sandra Fluke Is a 30 Year-Old Women’s Rights Activist

What a shock! It was all a BIG PRODUCTION!
The Democrat’s token abused college coed is actually a 30 year-old hardcore women’s rights activist.

I Have a Say: Sandra Fluke - YouTube

Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Stunner. Georgetown "Coed" Sandra Fluke Is a 30 Year-Old Women’s Rights Activist

The Democrat’s token abused college coed is actually a 30 year-old hardcore women’s rights activist.

So what if she is a "hardcore women's activist?" LMAO

The fact is that RUSH went nuts, ATTACKING her over a three day period. If he hadn't done that, we would not be discussing her a week later.

LMAO

You people are so dense.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM

289 posts, read 311,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Are you contending that she is not in fact enrolled at Georgetown? Otherwise I'm missing the "phony" angle that you're trying to spread....

Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So what if she is a "hardcore women's activist?" LMAO

The fact is that RUSH went nuts, ATTACKING her over a three day period. If he hadn't done that, we would not be discussing her a week later.

LMAO

You people are so dense.

Do you get upset at people in the media when they attack Sarah Palin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies