Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
He made a point to speak as the president admonishing Rush and apologizing to the woman Rush insulted, on behalf of his daughters and concern for their sensibilities. He addressed the country as the president regarding this. Why does he only show concern for his own daughters? As the president, shouldn't he show concern for all the children; even those born of a different political persuasion woman? Why doesn't he admonish Letterman and apologize to Palin for the way Letterman berated her and her daughter? Instead, the First Lady will grace the Letterman show with her presence and Obama has accepted a large donation from another foul-mouthed, woman berater, Maher. The hypocrisy shouts out at us; although most of the left predictably puts their earplugs in.
From my link:

"I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 02:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here's what Obama said about Palin's daughter, and her other daughter, and her other other daughter, and her son, and her other son:

First Read - Obama: Children are off limits

"I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,"
Whoopsie......

Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
So...
doctrain gonna apologize now or what?

Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Who asked him about this? Who was this person he had a "private" conversation with? It seemed pretty public to me. It was all over the news. Indeed, it seemed like a staged political move.

It "seemed"? It did become public. My guess is that Sarah Fluke herself released the information. Why not? I would have. And then the media caught onto and, sure, it was all over. No conspiracy there.

Quote:
And that is what Ms. Fluke did; put herself in the public eye. She was not some little wide-eyed co-ed. She is a grown woman, with a resume of heavy duty political activism. I don't like vicious name calling either and am not even a huge fan of Rush. But the point is, the type of name-calling by Rush at Ms. Fluke has been hurled at many Republican women, including Ms. Palin and her daughter by Letterman. The fact that Obama chose Ms. Fluke to publicly defend, while showing acceptance of the lashes from Letterman toward Palin & her daughter reeks of hypocrisy and makes us question the sincerity of his fatherly motives and suspect a more political motive.

Whoever thought she was a wide-eyed coed? They don't send 21 year old juniors to go speak at congressional hearings. They could and they probably should; however, when you go to speak at one of those things, you at least have to have some sort of speaking experience, knowlege on the matter, and confidence/experience in stating your opinion. As a law student and activist, she had the ability to go stand in front of what must be a daunting panel. And she was prepared to speak at the hearing with the bishops also. No, we don't send Bambi the skittish deer into places like that. That does not make her a public figure.

Of course, there is a political motive here. Fluke supports an agenda that the president does. She's playing on his team, working to push for an agenda that is important to him. In doing so, she was slaughtered by his opponents.

Sarah Palin, since you really seem to like using her, was out pushing her OWN agenda, pimping out her children on TV, using them as examples, acting holier than thou, and then one of her kids made a VERY human mistake which, unfortunately, put a glaring light on her very own hypocrisy and parenting. With the exception of Sarah Palin's own extreme harsh words for the President at every turn, the remarks any one has made about Palin or her children had nothing to with being caused by President Obama or at the expense of his agenda. So, why on Earth, would the president apologize over a talk show host saying things about Sarah Palin that SHE HERSELF incited by her own actions? It would be different if Sarah Palin, came out publicly in support of something Obama did and she got publicly gutted for it. Then, he'd probably give her a call.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here's what Obama said about Palin's daughter, and her other daughter, and her other other daughter, and her son, and her other son:

First Read - Obama: Children are off limits

Thanks for posting this.
I give him a point. Unfortunately, he loses the point for his current lopsided defense stance.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
So...
doctrain gonna apologize now or what?
You're welcome. I'm really amazed that remark from 3 1/2 years ago is news to you.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Mitt Romney was on Lettermen about 3 months ago

Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Mitt Romney was on Lettermen about 3 months ago

Well, sticking up for the OP, Mitt Romney also, 3 months ago, did not criticize comedians who name-call women. So, he's not being a hypocrite. Now, he if starts calling out Rush, then he should apparently not go on Letterman's show.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:30 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, sticking up for the OP, Mitt Romney also, 3 months ago, did not criticize comedians who name-call women. So, he's not being a hypocrite. Now, he if starts calling out Rush, then he should apparently not go on Letterman's show.
Michelle Obama didn't criticize comedians either who name call, so I don't see the hypocrisy

Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Michelle Obama didn't criticize comedians either who name call, so I don't see the hypocrisy
I think her man Barack was supposed to forbid her from making an appearance. Or, she's supposed to be lockstep in agreement with him so, you'd think she would refuse on those grounds.

Hey, I'm just putting it out there...I don't think she needs to stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies