Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, as the link points out the Congress has the ability to right a wrong and Obama is blocking it. I am more concerned with feeding people than protecting a smelt that can't be eaten. California wants to turn the water back on, Obama is stopping them. The Congressional fix would only apply here, not to bears or pidgeons.
As an aside, Saw the same thing in Georgia and Florida and Alabama recently... cept it was about oysters.

Florida officials and seafood workers contend that damage to Apalachicola Bay estuary and its seafood industry already has been caused by historic low flows from Woodruff Dam along the Florida-Georgia line. The low flows last year were provided for in a drought operations plan approved by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
“There have been detrimental effects on the bay from the reductions in shrimp harvesting, the die off of oyster bars, the number of fish in the bay, not getting the spring flood we needed at crucial times during the year to supply the nutrients to the estuary and bay,” said Joseph “Smokey” Parrish, who is co-manager of Buddy Ward & Sons shrimp processing plant in Apalachicola.
Alabama, Florida see water wars differently *| ajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
How is this Obama's fault???

Did you read the facts? There was a lawsuit filed three years ago. I am against animal killing for any reason, but I suppose Native American religious parctices must be given the same rights as other religions. At least they are not killing them just for the sake of sport.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,613 times
It's a racist stance to allow one ethnic group access to permits and deny all others.

Constitutionally it doesn't work.

O'bama is hell bent on destroying the Constitution. Plain and simple.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Because we had a hard time bringing them back from the brink...I am sick of these barbaric "religions" and their outdated rituals. These are the people of the earth...yeah right. Where are the animal rights warriors on this one? PETA...hello? Those beautiful birds, what a pity. Oh on another note regarding the people of the earth...I have one of the puppies that you so thoughtlessly tossed on a snow covered road up in norther AZ a year ago to die along with his litter mates...he is fine now and very happy.

Ya, those cute little calves , confined in a pen where they can only turn in circles until they're killed....but oh that good veal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I remember the first time I saw one in the wild 10 years ago in N. CA. It was swooping down to catch a trout. The most fantastic sight I had seen in my life. They are precious. Time for the American Indian to join the new millinium and can the ritual bs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
I'd like to know why Native Americans in this day and age feel the need to carry out actually killing a bald Eagle. I mean it's not like their religion has really done them any good anyways with alcoholism and gambling national past times for most of them. Believing that killing some beautiful creature like a bald Eagle to satisfy some outdated and insignificant religious beliefs. So go ahead kill all the bald Eagles you want. Won't change anything lol.
So OTHER people's religion is out dated??? But not yours????

ALL religion is outdated but the EAGLE is the symbol of American FREEDOM....freedom to worship as you want.....within the law.....

Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
What stupid religion advocates animal killings ???? many. SICKOS.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
As an aside, Saw the same thing in Georgia and Florida and Alabama recently... cept it was about oysters.

Florida officials and seafood workers contend that damage to Apalachicola Bay estuary and its seafood industry already has been caused by historic low flows from Woodruff Dam along the Florida-Georgia line. The low flows last year were provided for in a drought operations plan approved by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
“There have been detrimental effects on the bay from the reductions in shrimp harvesting, the die off of oyster bars, the number of fish in the bay, not getting the spring flood we needed at crucial times during the year to supply the nutrients to the estuary and bay,” said Joseph “Smokey” Parrish, who is co-manager of Buddy Ward & Sons shrimp processing plant in Apalachicola.
Alabama, Florida see water wars differently *| ajc.com
I love those oysters.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
What stupid religion advocates animal killings ???? many. SICKOS.
Nice.
Guess you've never read the Old Testament, huh?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I guess anything that Americans hold dear is no good to Obama. He needs to go!
Permit to Kill Bald Eagles Granted by Obama Administration | Conservative Byte

I would say that is consistent, as it symbolically reflects the fact that his presidency has been killing America. Killing the symbol of America, the bald eagle, would be perfectly appropriate.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:24 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, as the link points out the Congress has the ability to right a wrong and Obama is blocking it. I am more concerned with feeding people than protecting a smelt that can't be eaten. California wants to turn the water back on, Obama is stopping them. The Congressional fix would only apply here, not to bears or pidgeons.
Perhaps building farms in what is basically desert wasn't that great of an idea to begin with?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Kill all the Native Americans, problem solved. Not like we haven't tried.
Trail of Tears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wait, I'm part Native American. I don't think I've thought my cunning plan through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies