Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Low wage workers provide the business owner with a way to make more money. Wait so the provider is a recipient to!
Quite the contrary.

Without the employer, the employees would have no job.

People place too much emphasis on their value to their employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
This is why America hates you people. You are so full of s*** its coming out of your ears! The hyprocrisy of you pieces of trash is so easy to expose its not even worth the time.
The last bastion of a person without an answer to a statement is name calling.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
This doesn't even begin to touch on the fact that the 'provider' class gets far more in subsidies, tax breaks, etc., than us 'scum' that are not part of the 'provider' class get...Yeah common sense without us these dirtbags have nothing.
In other words, you're upset that you are a low wage earner, or unemployed, and want to lash out at someone.

Look friend....I have very big shoulders. Use me as your punching bag!

Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Maybe if they were paid more they would.
It's that simple, huh?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Thanks point proven!

The 'provider' class gets many many handouts and benefits from the government, at the expense of the 'recipient' class.

Corporations get a never ending amount of 'write-offs', 'subsidies', 'welfare', etc., all of which are paid for by the rest of us.

Talk-radio/Fox News Republicans stick their head in the sand when it comes to this form of 'government handouts'...Instead they focus all of their anger and rage towards the crack momma getting a whopping 15k/yr in gov't handouts.

Does it make sense now?
We're not talking about corporate tax breaks.

But since you mentioned it, we on the right are the only ones who are talking about real tax reform.

A flat tax with no loopholes is what we want.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
WOW...ok I'll explain it for you...The OP is making the insinuation that all of us whom don't own businesses, aren't high up execs, etc., are the 'recipient' class. The 'provider' class are the enlightened few whom give us jobs, money, oxygen, etc. They are the 'smartest people in the room', who run companies into the ground, destroy economies, and walk away with millions for their 'hard work'.

Let me know if you need any more help understanding things...I'm always happy to help the less fortunate
You prefer filtering money through a bureaucracy rather than being able to help those whom YOU choose to?

Now....one more time....pay attention.

Provider....someone who has a federal tax burden every year.

Recipient....someone who doesn't, but receives government services every year.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:56 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Taxes are legal, and I don't complain about paying them. I only wish that the system was set up so that everyone had a federal tax payment.

That being said, the government has no authority to take from me to feed another families children.

If I know of a family that is having financial troubles, I have the option to help....without the government filtering it through the sticky fingers of a bureaucracy.
Sure they do, it is in the constitution.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sure they do, it is in the constitution.
No where does the Constitution say that those who are working should have their incomes confiscated to pay for those who aren't working.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No where does the Constitution say that those who are working should have their incomes confiscated to pay for those who aren't working.
General welfare clause.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
General welfare clause.
"Welfare" did not originally mean the Marxist redistribution programs.

General welfare could just as easily or more logically be interpreted as having the government keep out of our lives and our wallets. Let people keep what they work for -- that would be a truer meaning of the term "general welfare".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies