Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 05:39 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't think you're really answering his question. matt1984 is suggesting that employees provide a way for business owners to make money.

For example, an employee (such as a customer service employee that he suggested) propagates business plans up to business owners.

But this is completely false. The business plan starts at the top and gets propagated down.
Business plans are great but without the employees to carry them out they don't work. Unless the owner does everything in the business then employees do contribute to making money. Customer service is important in how they treat customers may be a deciding a factor if the customer comes back or not thus wither the owner makes money or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Doesn't matter what your definition of general welfare is, all that matters is hpw the SCOTUS defines it. You're in the minority, enjoy.
Please show me where the SCOTUS has the power to interpret the Constitution.

I'll wait.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
No, I think the "crazy left", as you call them would want to see jobs with a chance to support themselves. Where are these jobs the "job creaters" promised in exchange for all those tax cuts? Is it time wall street and big business gets back to making money by employing people instead of downsizing and outsourcing?????
Who do you think has 90% of Americans working?

Downsizing and outsourcing are not a bad thing. Have you checked your 401K lately?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The entire wage range was 25 cents. In my observation there was a substantial range of productivity among employees.

So how is it that all the positions and all the employees were worth essentially the same wage?
Wait a minute!

Sounds like a union to me!

But I digress.....if your value is $12 an hour and you're being paid $7.50, who's wrong?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Who do you think has 90% of Americans working?

Downsizing and outsourcing are not a bad thing. Have you checked your 401K lately?
I'd guess about 50% of Americans are NOT working, so you're wrong on that level. On the ones that are working, I'd guess about 50% of those are working for small companies and working for themselves.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Please show me where the SCOTUS has the power to interpret the Constitution.

I'll wait.
No, because we have done this before, I show you and you deny that the words straight from the constitution don't mean what they say. The SCOTUS was given the authority BY THE CONSTITUTION to settle disputes arising from the constitution and the law... enjoy.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
No, because we have done this before, I show you and you deny that the words straight from the constitution don't mean what they say. The SCOTUS was given the authority BY THE CONSTITUTION to settle disputes arising from the constitution and the law... enjoy.
The problem arose when the SCOTUS became the most powerful instead of the least powerful of the 3 branches. In Marbury v Madison,
Chief Justice John Marshall was the Secretary of State and brother Jimmy was involved in delivering the commissions. No conflict of interest there.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 PM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Low wage workers do not have any federal tax responsibility. and, they're assisted by the provider class.<

WRONG

If there was no profit in it he would not have his low wage job. He works for a low wage and his production or service is resold at a profit. This profit does not go to the low wage guy. The owner gets it.

Yes i know small detail.
Payroll taxes. Another small detail.
sales Tax. Another small detail.
The recipient class is far far smaller than you pontificate. And far fewer people have alot of sympathy for the welfare class (vs. low wage workers.)
You live in a fantasy world don't you?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The problem arose when the SCOTUS became the most powerful instead of the least powerful of the 3 branches. In Marbury v Madison,
Chief Justice John Marshall was the Secretary of State and brother Jimmy was involved in delivering the commissions. No conflict of interest there.
The only people that think the SCOTUS has too much power are the losing party. When the SCOTUS said Lilly Ledbetter didn't have a wage discrimination claim because she didn't bring the claim within 180 days even though she didn't know she was being discriminated against within that 180 days.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Wait a minute!

Sounds like a union to me!

But I digress.....if your value is $12 an hour and you're being paid $7.50, who's wrong?

I make no representation of my (self-perceived) value. All I'm asking is how can the most productive employee's value be only 25 cents/hour greater than that of the least productive employee?

Surely you didn't think that wages are commensurate with productivity, did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies