Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 08:30 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what took him so long...slowing down with age maybe??

Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
This is what happens when laws are passed to pacify the gun lobby.......... Too many guns in the hands of too many idiots here with the full protection of the law......... This kind of thing will happen over and over and over again.............. "Gun rights" are far more important now than "human rights" in the USA.........

Old 03-22-2012, 08:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Sharpton is wrong for getting involved? Maybe the entire incident should have stayed swept under the rug too. This kids parents actually have the audacity to make a big deal out of this. What are they thinking.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sharpton is wrong for getting involved? Maybe the entire incident should have stayed swept under the rug too. This kids parents actually have the audacity to make a big deal out of this. What are they thinking.

The lack of compassion never ceases to disgust me. Rather than address the real issue, they prefer to bash Sharpton and Jackson.

[SARCASM] The audacity of those black people to protest. I mean all blacks are criminals and welfare queens (except the Republican ones), so they should expect this treatment. They should just sit back and take it. They don't deserve the same rights and privileges as law abiding whites since the contribute so much to the crime rate. Trayvon deserves what he got and should be punished for the few black people who committ crime and get government assistance. The nerve of Al Sharpton and anyone else who protets![/SARCASM]

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
I feel for the victims family but they should keep the race baiting hypocrite Sharpton away. He's a pathetic being with a history of idiocy, hatred, and hypocrisy

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
I doubt Sharpton will do anything except give a good speech and get people rallied.

However, people have been doing that all week here so it'll just be another day where people exercise their right to protest for something they believe in.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Al Sharpton to join protest over killing of unarmed Florida teen | WTVR.com

Does anyone actually think that Al Sharpton brings anything of value to any situation he is involved in?

If so, please explain.
I'm not a Sharpton fan, but to think that this is a case that doesn't benefit from his involvement, you have to be ignorant of the facts.

For better or worse, Sharpton does one thing: bring media exposure to race-based institutional failures. He's there to shine light & ask the city to fire or at least suspend the officers involved and the police cheif for either incompetence or nonfeasance.

To deny Sharpton's benefit to this case is to excuse the actions of the police officers involved.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:12 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm not a Sharpton fan, but to think that this is a case that doesn't benefit from his involvement, you have to be ignorant of the facts.

For better or worse, Sharpton does one thing: bring media exposure to race-based institutional failures. He's there to shine light & ask the city to fire or at least suspend the officers involved and the police cheif for either incompetence or nonfeasance.

To deny Sharpton's benefit to this case is to excuse the actions of the police officers involved.
Exactly. The media attention is what gets things done in this bizarre world we live in. Sharpton is unsurpassed at garnering that attention and I as soon as I heard that he was running with the ball...so to speak, I knew that this horrendous miscarriage of justice would be addressed. He was interviewed with the guy that has the power to fire the Police Chief last night and confronted him head on. Good for Sharpton and I am glad that the parents of the victim have him in their corner.

I am not certain that the killing of this boy was a strictly racially motivated tragedy, but the handling of the crime sure appears to be.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
If there is a call is made by the black community for a rush to judgement in a case involving a black and I guess now non-black person, Sharpton will be there.

I'm surprised Jessie isn't heading down too.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Al Sharpton to join protest over killing of unarmed Florida teen | WTVR.com

Does anyone actually think that Al Sharpton brings anything of value to any situation he is involved in?

If so, please explain.

Al Charlaton's mom died yesterday, but instead of going home he is going to Florida to line his pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies