Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,365,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguydc View Post
where are the liberals in this thread?

Is this yet another example of being too ashamed and embarrassed to stand for such an ignorant ideology?
****winner****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 01:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,151,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Where are the liberals in this thread?

Is this YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE of being too ashamed and embarrassed to stand for such an ignorant ideology?

No, we just need to wait until you guys actually read the damned article before the bloviating begins.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,348,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I doubt seriously roy, that truly homeless people care about the food they eat as fattening. They are so hungry, they just want something in their empty belly's is this too much to ask.
Your right, sometimes in trying to do, the absolute correct, government does make things so wrong.
It is a crying shame the amount of good food, that goes into the dumptsters.
Very true but the term dumpster divers did come from people who do just that to get food. They really don't give a damn how healthful the food is but then liberals do think that they can affect the health of homeless people with all their rules.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,481,371 times
1) Its Bloomberg's idea and he IS NOT a liberal.
2) Bloomberg has indeed gone too far with policing "health" issues. I don't like these restrictions, including the smoking ban on train platforms (I don't smoke), and trans-fats, soda, sugar and salt policing.

Last edited by oberon_1; 03-19-2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Back when I lived in Seattle, something that used to just warm my heart was when I would be walking home from work at night and I would see food business employees bringing food they didn't sell that day, (ie: coffee houses, pizza joints, etc), out to the homeless so they would have something to eat.

But of course that didn't last because some busy body idiotic liberal thought that it was too dangerous to do that to the homeless, I mean, what if someone did something to that food!!!!! And that's just not fair to those homeless people!!!!

Because apparently dumpster diving is MUCH BETTER!

People can't just be kind and offer things anymore without some twit coming along and regulating it.
It is very possible that some people may "doctor" some of that food but most people wouldn't. Yes, some may die from that kind of thing but I doubt many of them would care at all if they got some food.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Where are the liberals in this thread?

Is this YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE of being too ashamed and embarrassed to stand for such an ignorant ideology?
I looked on the list of posts in the thread and they are beginning to post just two down from yours here. I can't wait to see them and what they say.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
From the article:

The Bloomberg administration is now taking the term “food police” to new depths, blocking food donations to all government-run facilities that serve the city’s homeless.

...and...

Fine, the city’s making enough nutritious food available to our homeless. (Court mandates require it.) But that’s no excuse for turning away charity that brings a tiny bit of joy into these lives.

Reading comprehension 101, guys. The homeless are being fed.

IMHO...It's still a stupid rule.
A very stupid rule and I really wonder who pays for that city provided food. I bet charity is not allowed so more taxpayers can pay for food.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,178,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, we just need to wait until you guys actually read the damned article before the bloviating begins.
What is there to read? Homeless shelters are turning away food due to "nutritional" guidelines!! Whether it is city-run or private is wholly irrelevant. The whole damned policy is ignorant no matter WHO it is. But somewhere in the depths of the liberal mind this type of activity is acceptable.

It's a disease you folks possess. You just don't realize it.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,178,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
1) Its from and by Bloomberg who IS NOT liberal.
2) Bloomberg has indeed gone too far with policing "health" issues. I don't like these restrictions, including smoking ban (I don't smoke) and recently the fat and "salt" police.
Oh no you don't. Michael Bloomberg is not a conservative. Dont' even try it.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,385,059 times
If people had been dropping off out and out junk like Twinkies and Pringles and nothing else I could see it. But Jewish fare left over from Bar Mitzvahs? Oy Vey! This is SO not New York!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies