Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,719,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Um, Bloomberg is a Republican.
Republican In Name Only - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 05:26 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,333,240 times
Still a republican.
It really annoys people when they can't fit others into neat little boxes with labels.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM

665 posts, read 1,245,591 times
This makes since most these people are on medicaid.
why should we enable them to get unhealthy and then have to
pay for the health related problems later on

Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,769,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Back when I lived in Seattle, something that used to just warm my heart was when I would be walking home from work at night and I would see food business employees bringing food they didn't sell that day, (ie: coffee houses, pizza joints, etc), out to the homeless so they would have something to eat.

But of course that didn't last because some busy body idiotic liberal thought that it was too dangerous to do that to the homeless, I mean, what if someone did something to that food!!!!! And that's just not fair to those homeless people!!!!

Because apparently dumpster diving is MUCH BETTER!

People can't just be kind and offer things anymore without some twit coming along and regulating it.

I'm only 3 posts down and you hit on what I was going to say, basically. Where I live we are not allowed to give any open food to the homeless. It's against some health regulation and if anyone wants to they have to have permission and only at certain times. Why we all asked? well according to the health dept. someone, anyone who doesn't like homeless people could poison the food to get rid of them. So now we do the next best thing and buy boxed and canned food for homeless shelter. I don't know if the homeless can go there to get food if they don't stay the night though. I know some homeless are afraid to stay the night for fear of being beaten nearly to death. Remember no one thinks to separate the sane homeless from the menatlly ill homeless. What a world we live in as if being homeless wasn't bad enough.

It really sucks. But at least if a Company or even Government employee has cooked open food (catered) usually from those meetings municipal elected officals and Managers of Companies like the 7 eleven stores have some chance of giving food. They just have to make sure they get permission to take responsibility as far as what we were told. I don't the john and jane q. public can on their own anymore. Employees where I work bring in all kinds of canned, boxed, packaged food. Most forget to bring things like diapers, baby food, toiletries, feminine products stuff like that.

The worry about how health or not the food is just doesnt' make sense since the homeless are so thin and malnourished when homeless for so long that salt and fat will not harm them. I could see being concerned about donated food for the Sr. Citizens who aren't homeless but disabled and can't get out but the homeless are to busy starving for Christ sakes.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 03-19-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,822,691 times
Quote:
He's a liberal Republican.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:41 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,048,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Where are the liberals in this thread?

Is this YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE of being too ashamed and embarrassed to stand for such an ignorant ideology?
I'm a liberal and I think it's as stupid as you do.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,034,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
He's a liberal Republican.
These younguns may not remember those!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,365,036 times
Quote:
Not so much. He's currently listed as an independent but if he leaned any further left he'd fall down.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,365,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Still a republican.
It really annoys people when they can't fit others into neat little boxes with labels.
Fail.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,515,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Yes, in the moonbat world of liberal utopia food donations must pass muster. I'm sure that Michelle is very proud........

Mayor Bloomberg’s food policy hurts homeless—Jeff Stier - NYPOST.com
So a Jew, Republican Mayor Bloomberg, won't let an Orthodox Jewish Congregation donate food to shelters in the current form it's being donated. It must be a slow news day where you live, if this is all you can offer up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies