Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You can't take credit for "fast-tracking" something that you have stymied repeatedly.
What do you mean "credit"? It is what it is. Too bad if you are upset about the that the project is moving forward, but then again you were also upset when it was delayed by one of the states.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
states rights are an antiquated notion, better to be done with them.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs

President Obama plans to announce in Cushing, Oklahoma Thursday that his administration will expedite the permit process for the southern portion of the Keystone XL pipeline, a source familiar with the president's announcement tells CNN.
Hilarious! You mean he's trying to get out from under the hole he's dug for himself.

The company building the pipeline said a month ago they would go forward with other sections.

See, they don't need the state dept approval.

TransCanada to go ahead with part of controversial pipeline

Quote:
To capitalize on the boom in U.S. oil production, a Canadian company announced Monday that it will split a controversial pipeline rejected by President Obama and start building the Oklahoma-to-Texas portion.

Calgary-based TransCanada said the southern half of the $7 billion Keystone XL project will ensure that the glut of oil produced in the upper Midwest gets to Gulf Coast refineries. It said this portion, which won't need a presidential permit because it does not cross a U.S. border, will cost about $2.3 billion and be completed next year.
Dateline February 28, 2012.

God, this guy is so pathetic.

Don't you obama supporters ever get embarrassed by his behavior?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
states rights are an antiquated notion, better to be done with them.
Central planning from an out of touch federal government has worked so well

Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
After all these months of coming up with excuses for Obama blocking Keystone, it's going to be entertaining to see how all of Obama's supporters on here react to this. I need to get some popcorn and enjoy the show.

I'm glad to see him finally back down and do the right thing, for perhaps the first time in his term. It's also good to see that, for once, Republicans in congress didn't back down and hand him everything he wanted.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
The Ministry of Truth advises that war is peace, ignorance is strength, and President Obama likes pipelines.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:36 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,527 times
Obama will do anything, say anything, or believe anything if it means getting elected. This guy has not stopped campaigning one iota ever since his DNC speech in 2004. The union goons probably showed up at the Oval Office and demanded that he approve Keystone, and since Obama knows who's filling his coffers (which top the entire GOP field by the way), he capitulated. Makes me so glad that what's being done about Keystone is in the best interest of the country and will stimulate job growth.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Obama to fast track southern portion of Keystone XL Pipeline – The 1600 Report - CNN.com Blogs

President Obama plans to announce in Cushing, Oklahoma Thursday that his administration will expedite the permit process for the southern portion of the Keystone XL pipeline, a source familiar with the president's announcement tells CNN.
The go-ahead for this stretch of the pipeline was announced by the companies developing it - two or three weeks ago. It's been a non-issue because the route and construction and environmental impact studies have been in-order, unlike the situation in the north. The President has repeatedly said he believes the pipeline will be built in its entirety, when the paperwork is in order. By the way, the oil flowing through the pipeline, little of it, will be used in the USA. It's destined for China, and elsewhere.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hilarious! You mean he's trying to get out from under the hole he's dug for himself
No, I actually meant what I said: that the WH is fast tracking the process.

I am not obligated to speculate about their motivations.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
No, I actually meant what I said: that the WH is fast tracking the process.

I am not obligated to speculate about their motivations.
Don't bother. The Obamaphobes would find something to ***** about if he got out there and dug the trench himself.

No matter what the man does, it's wrong to that crowd even when it's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies