Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of capital punishment do you think Zimmerman deserve?
Lethal injection 2 11.76%
Electric chair 4 23.53%
Hanging 4 23.53%
Shooting squad 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
It was caught on a 911 tape for crying out loud. It was obvious that he was profiling the kid because of his race. He even used a racial epithet during the call. The child was unarmed and posed no threat to him. The dispatcher told him not to pursue and he ran down the poor child and murdered him in cold blood. This is a clear cut case of murder with a recording to back it up.

Besides the child was in his own neighborhood heading to his house. Zimmerman saw that he was black and automatically assumes that he doesn't belong in that area. Zimmerman is a delusional hater who should never have been a neighborhood watchman much less own a gun.
I just saw the 13 year-old witness, and he's black...clearly the gated community is mixed. Why would Zimmerman assume that a young black man was "questionable," and "looks like he's on drugs?" Clearly he was prejudiced, and Trayvon paid with his life. I still think that 2nd degree murder will be the best the prosecution can do, but if Zimmerman spends any time behind bars, he'll get a taste of "justice."

Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I just saw the 13 year-old witness, and he's black...clearly the gated community is mixed. Why would Zimmerman assume that a young black man was "questionable," and "looks like he's on drugs?" Clearly he was prejudiced, and Trayvon paid with his life. I still think that 2nd degree murder will be the best the prosecution can do, but if Zimmerman spends any time behind bars, he'll get a taste of "justice."

If the scum goes to prison...i think he'll only stay alive a short time...in there. NOW, if he doesn't get indicted....I doubt his safety will be worth much?? ''Live by the sword, die by the sword.''

You reap what you sow.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:18 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,201,191 times
Advocating vigilante justice is wrong. What're you guys gonna do? have a C-D Outraged Citizens fundraiser and hire a guy for some wet work?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:18 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Actually - I am rather displeased that he has not yet been charged with a crime - but I don't believe in putting the cart before the horse either. You already have the man arrested, charged, tried, convicted, and condemned. Patience, man - and let's devoutly pray that you never find your way into a jury box!
It's seems like your prayers may have been working. Although I've always wanted it, I've never been called for Jury duty whereas others who could care less are often called. I have a very strong sense for justice. I'm a criminal's worst nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I find it interesting that people take crimes against others in a place so different and so far away so personally. I wonder if this will become the next celebrity case?
It's called humanity. Because someone is hundreds of miles away doesn't mean you can't "feel their pain". Should we also turn a blind eye to genocide and other atrocities against humans just because they are far away from us? That's a very selfish perspective to take in life.

Also this is about justice and the idea of living in a safe country. No one wants to live in a country where you can be arbitrarily gunned down on the street just because of the way you look. Something like that is not supposed to happen in today's America.

Last edited by NewYorkGuy; 03-21-2012 at 12:40 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
If the scum goes to prison...i think he'll only stay alive a short time...in there. NOW, if he doesn't get indicted...Reckon the vigilante justice system will prevail? ''Live by the sword, die by the sword.''

You reap what you sow.

No, I think he'll leave Florida if they let him walk.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Advocating vigilante justice is wrong. What're you guys gonna do? have a C-D Outraged Citizens fundraiser and hire a guy for some wet work?
Thanks for floating the idea. Haven't thought of that yet...

Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
If he is charged and convicted - he will move from one gated community to another!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,397 times
Default Totally...

Quote:
I find this so upsetting I can hardly put it into words. How can you murder someone, much less a child, in broad daylight for no apparent reason than the color of his skin... then have the gall to claim self-defense to cover up your crime? That the local police department would buy your story without as much as an investigation is even more upsetting. Is this 1912 or 2012? Is this America or Somalia?

If Zimmerman doesn't get the death penalty or at least life without the possibility of parole, America will have lost apart of her conscience. Given the deliberate inaction of the local police department, it's encouraging to the see the FBI intervening. Let's see if justice is truly colorblind in this country.
I'm definitly on the same page as you, not only is this country back tracking on fashion but also its going back to our previous society. Our country has come a short way from inequality though so its not really a surprise to me that some people are still stuck in that kind of mentality.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If he is charged and convicted - he will move from one gated community to another!
Excellent play on irony. That is true.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
It's seems like your prayers may have been working. Although I've always wanted it, I've never been called for Jury duty whereas others who could care less are often called. I have a very strong sense for justice. I'm a criminal's worst nightmare.

It's called humanity. Because someone is hundreds of miles away doesn't mean you can "feel their pain". Should we also turn a blind eye to genocide and other atrocities against humans just because they are far away from us?
That's a very selfish perspective to take in life.

Also this is about justice and the idea of living in a fair country. No one wants to live in a country where you can be arbitrarily gunned down on the street just because of the way you look. Something like that is not supposed to happen in today's America.
Not supposed to happen anywhere, anytime, in any country!!

And you better believe any American who is shot down in cold blood....boils and makes true Americans blood run cold.

The insensitive attitude of the JordanJP's is troubling. To say the least!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies