Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of capital punishment do you think Zimmerman deserve?
Lethal injection 2 11.76%
Electric chair 4 23.53%
Hanging 4 23.53%
Shooting squad 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

It should be fully investigated, if a crime was committed, it should go to trial. It should not, in any circumstances, be swept under the table as has been attempted by the Sanford authorities. Those authorities, should also be investigated.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Your opinion is worthless unless you're on the jury for his trial, this man deserves a fair trial just like anyone else would in this situation. You've already twisted enough of the details in your favor, there's no need to have another 50 page thread about this topic.
mr. zimmerman didn't think the kid deserved a fair trial, so why should he get one?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I find this so upsetting I can hardly put it into words. How can you murder someone, much less a child, in broad daylight for no apparent reason than the color of his skin... then have the gall to claim self-defense to cover up your crime? That the local police department would buy your story without as much as an investigation is even more upsetting. Is this 1912 or 2012? Is this America or Somalia?

If Zimmerman doesn't get the death penalty or at least life without the possibility of parole, America will have lost apart of her conscience. Given the deliberate inaction of the local police department, it's encouraging to the see the FBI intervening. Let's see if justice is truly colorblind in this country.
I thought the Death Penalty was racist? Now libbies are for it? Wonders never cease.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Well I can't answer the poll since you didn't provide an option for "He should not receive the death penalty". I am anti-DP.

However if Zimmerman is charged and if he is convicted and if he receives the death penalty - he will be executed by means of lethal injection unless he chooses the electric chair - per current Florida law.

So - the question seem to be a moot one - wouldn't you agree?

Indeed. I think the real point is that the OP simple wants Zimmerman run through a WOODCHIPPER so he will suffer as much as possible.

I wondered why life or less sever options weren't entertained. Seems he has been convicted in the public opinion.... so much for a fair trial.

I admit this case is disgusting, however, he should be given his day in court and presumed innocent...before the lynching.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
My question is, Even with the severity of this issue, isn't this America?

Are you not innocent until proven guilty?

If he cannot get a fair trial, then he walks free.

I realize that this is a hot topic and there is a lot of real, and supposed information out there, but the bottom line is, not a person here knows the whole story, and yet, he has been convicted. Kinda like that international banker accused of raping that maid in New York. Everyone THOUGHT they knew he was guilty, he lost his job, his credibility, and then it was found out he was being falsely accused. Think Tawana Brawley...

Yes, I believe that something bad happened, and I believe that Mr Zimmerman, was contributory to the incident, but until I KNOW who/what/why/how it happened in it's entirety, I am not going to put the death sentence on the table and trust me, I am ALL for the death penalty when required.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
I find this so upsetting I can hardly put it into words. How can you murder someone, much less a child, in broad daylight for no apparent reason than the color of his skin... then have the gall to claim self-defense to cover up your crime? That the local police department would buy your story without as much as an investigation is even more upsetting. Is this 1912 or 2012? Is this America or Somalia?

If Zimmerman doesn't get the death penalty or at least life without the possibility of parole, America will have lost apart of her conscience. Given the deliberate inaction of the local police department, it's encouraging to the see the FBI intervening. Let's see if justice is truly colorblind in this country.

I would rather wait till the indictment comes down. I don't think he will be charged with capital murder. I'm thinking manslaughter.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
You didn't include "life without the possibility of parole" in your poll.

To all appearances, Zimmerman was a racist POS. But appearances can be deceiving. Neither you nor the rest of us ought to set ourselves up as a jury.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
So what will the response be if he goes to trial and is aquitted?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
So what will the response be if he goes to trial and is aquitted?
Probably a riot. When people don't get their way, they get ugly.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Being prolife, normally I would not agree with the death penalty. In this case though, I say hang the b*****d. Hes the litter of this world that the green people should really be worried about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies