Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:13 PM

603 posts, read 1,999,596 times

Advertisements

YES BUILD IT!!!! PLEASE BUILD THIS HIGHWAY!!!! ....After Mexico solves its poverty problem, its drug smuggling, its corruption, and stops its population from streaming over our border by the millions. Yeah, I say build this highway, after all that "stuff" is taken care of. So, we should be able to start considering this highway in, say 2050? Oh, well that's probably too conservative, maybe 2075. To be honest, I have no problem with a Canada highway, but we can't have a Superhighway running wide open between the US and a 3rd world country like Mexico (which is also the most wealthy country in latin America). What kind of unelected psychopaths do we have pulling the strings at the WTO and these other organizations???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2006, 06:52 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,205,947 times
World Net Daily has another article on this. You can check it out at [http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53253] (broken link)

Everyone wants in on it why? $$$

Old 12-08-2006, 07:22 PM

226 posts, read 1,000,936 times
Arizona is not far behind CA. We have 3,000 illegals crossing into AZ every day. Arizona will be the next Mexico.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:30 AM

603 posts, read 1,999,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaton View Post
Arizona is not far behind CA. We have 3,000 illegals crossing into AZ every day. Arizona will be the next Mexico.
Isn't 90% of it that way (Mexico) already?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:35 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,286,242 times
I finally got a response from one of the 4 people I placed inquiries with. Below is the e-mail that I just got from SC Senator DeMint.

Dear Mrs. ,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to a North American Union and a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway. I appreciate hearing from you.

Congress has neither authorized n or appropriated funding for any type of NAFTA Superhighway nor has legislation to do so been considered. Y ou may be interested to know that Congressman Virgil Goode o f Virginia introduced H.Con.Res.40 , a resolution expressing wariness over a NAFTA Superhighway and a North American Union, on January 22 , 200 7 . This resolution urged the United States not to engage in any form of construction for a NAFTA Superhighway.

At this time, H.Con.Res.40 has been referred to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. Rest assured, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind should this legislation be brought to the Senate floor for a vote .

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about anything important to you or your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of South Carolina .

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
United States Senator

Old 02-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I finally got a response from one of the 4 people I placed inquiries with. Below is the e-mail that I just got from SC Senator DeMint.

Dear Mrs. ,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to a North American Union and a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway. I appreciate hearing from you.

Congress has neither authorized n or appropriated funding for any type of NAFTA Superhighway nor has legislation to do so been considered. Y ou may be interested to know that Congressman Virgil Goode o f Virginia introduced H.Con.Res.40 , a resolution expressing wariness over a NAFTA Superhighway and a North American Union, on January 22 , 200 7 . This resolution urged the United States not to engage in any form of construction for a NAFTA Superhighway.

At this time, H.Con.Res.40 has been referred to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. Rest assured, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind should this legislation be brought to the Senate floor for a vote .

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about anything important to you or your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of South Carolina .

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
United States Senator

Standard stupid political answer--"I know about, like it, but will tell you I'm clueless on it to protect myself in the next election."

Old 02-15-2007, 04:54 PM

The sad thing is I sent this yo-yo an e-mail when this thread was first started, and am just now getting a response. In my e-mail I indicated that this was the single most important thing I was concerned about, more than Iraq or fuel prices or jobs or any of the "hot topics" out there. It is nice to know that he at least knows of someone in Congress who is trying to keep the US from engaging in construction. Notice that he did not say "prohibit construction"?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
The sad thing is I sent this yo-yo an e-mail when this thread was first started, and am just now getting a response. In my e-mail I indicated that this was the single most important thing I was concerned about, more than Iraq or fuel prices or jobs or any of the "hot topics" out there. It is nice to know that he at least knows of someone in Congress who is trying to keep the US from engaging in construction. Notice that he did not say "prohibit construction"?
That's to bad Evey

Old 02-15-2007, 05:48 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,004,163 times
Quote:

Dear Mrs. ,

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
United States Senator
You're my heroine Evey! I also wrote my congressman and got a similar response!
Thank you for sharing that! Thank you for exercising your rights as a citizen!

Old 02-15-2007, 05:57 PM

MoMark, did it take your congressman 5 months to respond?

Oh, my relative who works at the Pentagon pretended that I did not ask at all, and changed the subject. How scary is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies