Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:13 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,991,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
MoMark, did it take your congressman 5 months to respond?

Oh, my relative who works at the Pentagon pretended that I did not ask at all, and changed the subject. How scary is that?
Uh oh...the plot thickens. My email was answered within two weeks. I know the Executive branch is behind this and doing it stealthily, but if the Pentagon folks are involved as well....
And Congress is bypassed...
That is indeed scary.

This president is, to me, the most damaging American traitor in our history and his secret usurping of powers beyond his constitutional reach...if we have a democracy in the future, he'll go down in history as the first American president with near dictatorial powers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
My mother and i have been researching this Nafta Highway for about 1 year now. I think that is is completely insane of our government to do something like this. I think that we should stay AMERiCA. I do not think that we should willingly allow them to drive thrie trucks through our country to canada. Some articles we have found talked about there being a fence alond both sides of this highway. My concern is that US taxpayers would be paying for the actual highway but will the US be making any money off of it at all. There has to be gas stations and other things along this highway. Will the money that they make go to mexico, canada or will the us get it. You know I think that this will make a terrible impact on our economy and I really do not want to ever see it happen. Look at all the crime that the illegal mexicans in the us already comment such as credit card fraud, stolen identities, they buy illegal social security numbers and then use them until they have ruined that person's credit and then just buy a new social security number. I know for a fact that companies such as Sprint hire illegal mexicans and get tipped off when immigration goes in to bust them. I think that our country is slowly tearing itself apart. I do not want to see that happen and I sure as heck do not want my children to see that happen.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,247,938 times
I found this today while poking around. I think I might want to feel a little better, but.....

GovTrack.us
Independently Tracking the United States Congress

Bills Legislators Votes Monitor Congress / Log In Active Bills Recent Votes Learn More About GovTrack

Find:
Full Text Options
Download PDF

View Full Text on THOMAS
Bill Status

Go to Bill Status Page
Introduced: Jan 22, 2007
Sponsor:
Rep. Virgil Goode [R-VA]

[Email This Page] [Printer Friendly Page]
Legislation > H. Con. Res. 40 (110th U.S. Congress: 2007-2008)
H. Con. Res. 40: Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of...

HCON 40 IH

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. CON. RES. 40

Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 22, 2007

Mr. GOODE (for himself, Mr. WAMP, Mr. JONES of North Carolina, Mr. PAUL, Mr. STEARNS, Mr. DUNCAN, and Ms. FOXX) submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and in addition to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada.

Whereas the United States Departments of State, Commerce, and Homeland Security participated in the formation of the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) on March 23, 2005, representing a tri-lateral agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico designed, among other things, to facilitate common regulatory schemes between these countries;

Whereas reports issued by the SPP indicate that it has implemented regulatory changes among the three countries that circumvent United States trade, transportation, homeland security, and border security functions and that the SPP will continue to do so in the future;

Whereas the actions taken by the SPP to coordinate border security by eliminating obstacles to migration between Mexico and the United States actually makes the United States-Mexico border less secure because Mexico is the primary source country of illegal immigrants into the United States;

Whereas according to the Department of Commerce, United States trade deficits with Mexico and Canada have significantly increased since the implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA);

Whereas the economic and physical security of the United States is impaired by the potential loss of control of its borders attendant to the full operation of NAFTA and the SPP;

Whereas the regulatory and border security changes implemented and proposed by the SPP violate and threaten United States sovereignty;

Whereas a NAFTA Superhighway System from the west coast of Mexico through the United States and into Canada has been suggested as part of a North American Union to facilitate trade between the SPP countries;

Whereas the State of Texas has already begun planning of the Trans-Texas Corridor, a major multi-modal transportation project beginning at the United States-Mexico border, which would serve as an initial section of a NAFTA Superhighway System;

Whereas it could be particularly difficult for Americans to collect insurance from Mexican companies which employ Mexican drivers involved in accidents in the United States, which would likely increase the insurance rates for American drivers;

Whereas future unrestricted foreign trucking into the United States can pose a safety hazard due to inadequate maintenance and inspection, and can act collaterally as a conduit for the entry into the United States of illegal drugs, illegal human smuggling, and terrorist activities; and

Whereas a NAFTA Superhighway System would likely include funds from foreign consortiums and be controlled by foreign management, which threatens the sovereignty of the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That--

(1) the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System;

(2) the United States should not allow the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) to implement further regulations that would create a North American Union with Mexico and Canada; and

(3) the President of the United States should indicate strong opposition to these acts or any other proposals that threaten the sovereignty of the United States.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,038 times
This really woke me up to the fact that we are really doomed here, the powers that be, just can't resist, can they? Well, enjoy it while you can here.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,396 times
I think the amnesty-migration bill is a link in this despicable union of our great country to the third world. I fear the repercussions.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:02 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,680,560 times
This North American Union is a terrible idea. Unfortunately most Americans know little about it, and when you tell them about it they think you are a conspiracy theorist.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,228,411 times
This country is in total chaos and everyone is nuts. I just hope it doesn't take another terrible tragedy to wake up some of these morons. They're all struggling for power and can't see the forest for the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies