Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:51 AM

226 posts, read 1,000,446 times

Advertisements

tismekll I hope CNN will listen. Glad you wrote them. Let's hope something becomes of it and it's not to late.
In Phoenix they are talking about building a wall, we have troops watching the borders, we have the minute men watching the borders etc. Now we are just going to build highways to help them?? I'm confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2006, 02:13 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,858,953 times
I agree. Whats the real truth Bush?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:12 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,202,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
I agree. Whats the real truth Bush?
Y'all, I'm so glad many of you are MAD as H--- about this. I have to tell you I cried when I found this out and the coming NAU, I have not been able to sleep for several nights over this.

Several questions have been asked that needs answers.

Is it planned? Yes.

Can it be stopped? Yes, but will take millions of us to put pressure on Bush and Congress.

Why has Bush done this? $$$$$$

Is this the beginning of the end for a sovereign America? Yes, it could very well be.

Did we fall asleep on this? Yes, and many others things as well, God help us!

Friends, this is awful and I know it's a hard pill to swallow but we don't have to! We need to besiege the White House, Congress, TV, Radio, your friends neighbors, etc.

On Monday I plan on calling the White House, Congress, etc. and DEMANDING an investigation of this.

Now I can only suggest two things, one, trust in the Lord to see us through this. Two CALL, don't e-mail, the White House, and congress and DEMAND a stop to this and an investigation!

I'm calling on my Church today to pray and fast for this and many others things will you join me from where you live and work?

Hang in there we are powerless alone, but together we are strong!

Old 09-17-2006, 10:37 AM

96 posts, read 458,222 times
Default Think TOLL BOOTHS!!!!

Making lemonnade from lemons....who's manning the toll booths? And don't forget about the rest stops.....example, the Florida Turnpike Authority has a monoply on food, gasoline and tolls. This could turn into a real gold mine if handled correctly. There will be inspection stations, and truck stops and lots of opportunity for commerce (both leagl and illegal). State law enforcement agencies will have an unlimited source of speeding fines to hand out, drug busts to make, and the list goes on.....
There's always a brighter side, right?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapboxsallysmom View Post
Making lemonnade from lemons....who's manning the toll booths? And don't forget about the rest stops.....example, the Florida Turnpike Authority has a monoply on food, gasoline and tolls. This could turn into a real gold mine if handled correctly. There will be inspection stations, and truck stops and lots of opportunity for commerce (both leagl and illegal). State law enforcement agencies will have an unlimited source of speeding fines to hand out, drug busts to make, and the list goes on.....
There's always a brighter side, right?
Hum? I guess for the $ people in DC. I did not want to mention this as several people are already upset about it but if you research more you'll find this super highway will not be like that. There will not be rest stops, stores, ect. it's ment to be fast running and no "American public access" but the awful thing is this...get ready the whole highway will be owned and run by the Spanish! A Spanish company is building it and will run it.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:06 AM

393 posts, read 1,738,512 times
Unhappy Mexamerica

Some of you guys, I think, are missing the big picture here. Our great country was founded with the principles of democracy and freedom. Kiss all that goodbye with the formation of one big continental country. Everything we have lost precious lives fighting for, the fact that we can speak freely on this forum, everything some now take for granted will be no more. Don't you understand? The United States will be gone. It's more than is it physically going to bisect my land, we, the taxpayers will foot the bill and then hand over the reins to our freedom and country to the leader of this now one continent. What makes you think we will still be able to vote? No more borders, folks. It will not finish in any of our lifetimes, but for me, it is incomprehensible, and my mind is reeling from the discovery of the extent of the betrayal. It is ALL about big business and money. Please, if nothing else, read more about it to understand the scope and magnitude of this "project". I am sick.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:12 AM

96 posts, read 458,222 times
Default Super Hwy

How will they be able to use interstate 69 as a major part of the roadway? Are we going to be reimbursed for that little piece of real estate? Will other hwy's be built to replace 69 so the public will still have an interstate system?

What a mess! I have a headache....I can't take any more bad news today.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
I am sick.
Sunshine, I hear you. I can tell you I'm sick too. When I discovered this it sent shock waves through me, and to be honest, this is a big turning point in my life right now it changes a lot for me and my family. Everything HAS changed!

I wish we could get my original post out to the other state forums on here, but we can't cuz of the rules, if anyone knows how to do that without breaking the rules feel free. Keep me posted.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:20 PM

16 posts, read 49,244 times
The "Conservative" Gov of MO went down to Mexico to drum up business and is all for this KC SmartPort (Mex Sovereignty).

I have been looking to move to the Rolla/Salem area because MO looks like a good conservative State and I like this area in MO. Not so sure when the State's elected officials are all behind this. Problem is, this Highway will have tenticles everywhere throughout the US.

See this....

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...scity_business

Old 09-17-2006, 08:26 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,997,724 times
Default opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
This NAFTA Super Highway which starts its first leg in Texas next year is set to run from Mexico to Canada with KC a major terminal for the trucks with Mexican drivers. You can check it out at realclearpoliticsdotcom.

This super highway will be 400 yards wide all the way through the US with MO. as a state marked out for the highway. That being said if you own land in the path of this highway "immanent domain" will kick in. And if you plan to buy land I would be careful where in that area. This is awful how we have been betrayed on this I hate it and we need to stop it.

Any thoughts from the MO. locals on this?
There are three entry points from Mexico, one with only electronic sensors to read the id of incoming Mexican trucks. The planned routes go through Dallas then up to Oklahoma City, cut through eastern Kansas, then to Kansas City, MO where American taxpayers have to pay for a Mexican customs office it divides into two north of Kansas City with one route heading to Omaha and the other from KC to Des Moines then up to Minneapolis, then northward to Canada. The highway is planned to have up to twelve lanes...with "fasttrack" lanes for the Mexican truckers, lanes for regular motorists (toll roads though for Americans as any Americans have to pay tolls to drive on the assigned lanes for passenger traffic), raillines, high speed communication lines, gas and energy lines. Anyone in the path of these superhighways will be shoved off his land. It does not affect Springfield or southern Missouri directly, but for people in the Kansas City area and then up toward St. Joseph, and the routes to Des Moines, it could cause problems for those property owners. This plan is slated to begin construction next year (2007) in Texas. Opposition is finally mounting. The government has not been open with the American public about this highway plan or the sheer scale of it, and it's clear why Bush isn't taking meaningful measures on the Mexican border now. We have to write our Congressmen and get politically active to fight this. That means speaking up. I know I wrote my Missouri Senator Blunt a heated email last year about illegal immigration and told him I expect him to be tough on the issue and demand full double fencing and the deportation of illegal aliens as well as making their employment not just illegal, but enforced with jail and fine penalties to employers of illegal aliens. I read a month later that he addressed the issue to my satisfaction in Congress. We have to get politically active. My voter registration card just arrived (soaked) in my mailbox this afternoon. My voting plans are simple this November: Anyone Republican or Democratic who opposes illegal migration controls and law enforcement will be voted out by me. Anyone Republican or Democrat who supports taking back our borders and penalizing employers who employ illegal aliens will get my vote. I don't care about the Iraq issue, that will take care of itself as there are few choices. I care about us getting control of our country again and the same voter activism will be needed to oppose the NAFTA superhighway. Luckily Imminent Domain is a very hot issue/potato after cities in Florida and New Jersey abused it. I'll be curious to see how Texas handles it as Texas passed stringent Imminent Domain rules to protect property owners.

Last edited by MoMark; 09-17-2006 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies