Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Media Bias In Zimmerman-Martin Shooting

Have you noticed that the race-baiting in US media has gotten a lot worse since Obama's election? Race-baiting equals high ratings for the media while delivering another black eye to the rest of America. In the end, America loses while corporate media makes of piles of money by exacerbating race relations. Why do we allow this?

The sad fact is, if Zimmerman were BLACK this story wouldn't even make the front page of the local paper or TV news because black on black crime is still far more prevalent than whites or hispanics committing crimes against blacks. Black kids shooting and killing other black kids? ho hum "business as usual"! How's that for progressivism?

Whatever happened to the very American notion of innocent until proven guilty?
Obama Behaving Stupidly, Part II

The racist liberal media keeps showing us pictures of Zimmerman's mugshot (which predisposes the public into thinking he's guilty because he's wearing jailbird orange) and printing photos of a cute little black boy from five years ago. Why aren't they showing us more recent pictures of the new, improved "gangsta" version of Martin?
If all things were fair on this forum, this thread would also be merged into the following thread like mine was:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rtin-case.html

The same topic is been discussed. The only difference is that I am a liberal and the OP is a conservative. There seems to be an extreme bias in favor of conservatives on this forum.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Wearing a Reds cap is a brand of the Crips gang

Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Show me where pic #2 was pulled from a twitpic account, or whatever proof you have, and I'll admit I'm at fault. Link?
https://twitter.com/#!/No_Limit_*****

the link may not work because it includes a banned word n g g a, missing the 2nd letter

Again, they're pulling photos from any Facebook or Twitter they can find without verifying who the account belongs to.

Now... your source for the photo?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:06 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Gee conservative news outlets scaring their viewers with piccies of a black dude wearing gold chains? They ain't making conservatives like they used to!

Spoiler

Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Like a fly to fresh horse manure or his wife to a hot-buttered biscuit, Obama wasted no time injecting himself into the cruel tragedy of the Trayvon Martin shooting. The shooting and subsequent loss of life is a tragedy, but it is a tragedy that could be used to draw people together. Instead, contemptible race-mongers like Obama use it as currency to both divide and further their agenda.

Obama was elected to be leader of the country, not divide it. He claims to be a Christian, but when presented with perfect opportunities to show his faith in a healing manner, he chooses instead to play to the lowest common denominator. But with that said, his behavior was in keeping with his character

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Prove it. Some creepy wannabe cop, against the orders of 911, follows a child coming back from 7/11 while on the phone with his mother. The guy shoots the unarmed minor to death and you're pissed off at what? The media for covering the case?

Do you know how many kids go to 7/11 in this country? Should they stay at home now? The only one making this racial in this thread is you. A child of ANY race shot to death for going to the store to get a candy bar and a soda is news anywhere.

You might want to look in the mirror here. If the kid is white, what do you think the odds are that you'd be thinking that the perpetrator should be going to a jury of his peers.

I agree totally! I am white and I have teenaged kids. One of them is a boy a year older than Trayvon was. When I heard about this I looked at this young man and I saw my son. Tall and lanky, going to a convenience store, talking on a cell phone, doing regular kid things.

However, I think many people, many white people, do not see their son, or another loved one in this victim. They see a race.

People are accusing Treyvon's supporters of reacting in a knee-jerk fashion? YES. Any time an armed adult kills an unarmed kid, for no reason, I will be on the side of the child.And make no mistake this WAS a child!

I don't care what race Zimmerman was. Am I supposed to care if he is Hispanic? Or more correctly, part Hispanic, because last I checked "Zimmerman" is not a Hispanic name. The very one who are trying to say that "people are overreacting", are using Zimmerman's ethnicity as some sort of strange defense. What if Zimmerman were black? I'd still want him to be arrested and be outraged that a child has been killed by as you put it "a creepy wanna be cop."

If people looked at this young man as their son, as I do; and not just as "some black guy" (or something worse) they would be as outraged as they were when Caylee Anthony was murdered.

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Wait--did like 5 Trayvon threads get merged? When did this thread get a new title and become 146 pages long?
Yeah this is evidently the 2nd super thread. We'll see how long it lasts.

I think they should have a sub folder instead of merging threads. Important points are being lost.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
He was hired.

They knew him.
I agree that they knew him but did not realize he was hired. Do you know when he was hired and how much he was paid?

Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You know what gets me about the whole "hoodie and baggy pants" thing...on black kids its gangsta or thug but on other kids it makes them look like a "slacker". Neither is a compliment but they certainly conjure different ideas.
I wear hoodies and baggy pants every day and people don't even think I'm a slacker, let alone a thug.

I frequent all parts of the city, with wide ranges in racial and socioeconomic make-up.

The privilege of being white in America.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You have a lot of incorrect information in your post. You seem to think that Trayvon went up to Zimmermans car, pulled him out and threw him on the ground and attacked him. That is not correct, even based on Zimmermans statement to police.

FYI - Clinton also received 90% of the black vote.
This information came tonight on oreilly. Zimmerman and his wife tutored black children among others according to one of his black friends. We will know for sure before it is over but bringing in the black Kkk is not the answer and giving Jackson and sharp ton another platform to pass the plate and stir up excuses to burn neighborhoods and hurt innocents is not the answer. As unfortunate as it is for anyone to die young for anything this is a trumped up deal wait and see. If I am wrong I forward apologize but I simply do not believe that Florida officials let him go because he had a permit and did a good job. If anyone believes that they are as naive as Obama sharp ton Jackson the black Kkk et al.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies