Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times

Advertisements

So the Sanford PD and Zimmerman are being exposed for what they are. There are no grass stains, no blood on the back of his head and nothing coming from his nose...Trayvon Martin was murdered in cold blood.

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News

Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM

409 posts, read 254,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
If there were any injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head they aren't clearly visibile in that video. If someone was slamming your head down on the pavement, (multiple times as Zimmerman claimed Martin did) there'd be something to show for it--although you'd be going to the hospital to get looked at as well. There's a point in the video where you can clearly see the back of Zimmerman's head. Nose looks fine too... Broken nose, my arse.
The paramedics obviously cleaned him up.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:05 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,141,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Absolutely disgusting to be cheering for a Rodney King style riot in the streets....

Lets remember what happened during those riots...
Riots are a necessary evil. They allow people to express pent up anger at oppression and they serve to let the government know the extent of bullcrap that people are willing to tolerate. Without riots blacks would still be in the back of the bus and oppressed.

5,036 posts, read 5,143,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Possible but his shirt looks clean. Video isnt great but there's nothing noticeable from what I can see. I know I have been strongly opposing rushing to judgement prior to this video but it almost seems damning. I still dont want a rush to judgement but I think at this point there needs to be some explanations about this, and the sooner the better.

9,961 posts, read 17,543,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Kudos for this one.

I'm curious why any shooting involving a citizen with a CCW isn't an automatic blood, urine test.
I'm curious why all those vaunted CSI tech's shown on TV aren't brought into play with them potographing the guy from his toes up to substantiate any claims he was assaulted.
I'm curious why a guy licensed to carry has more rights protected under the law than a cop would have were he to shoot an unarmed 17 year old.

I'm curious why a police force with some of the history of this one would not have dotted every damn "I" and crossed every stupid "T" in covering it's arse from the chit-storm it would realize was inevitable otherwise????

A thorough investigation should follow every single shooting.
This^^^

After several controversial police shootings of suspects in Portland, there's now drug-tests for involved officer, review by a grand jury, invesigations with ballistic tests and so on--for fatal or non-fatal incidents. Yet some guy with a concealed weapon permit in Florida is basically above suspicion?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
That is why we need to see the paramedic's report. It should document all Zimmerman's injuries in detail.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,143,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Riots are a necessary evil. They allow people to express pent up anger at oppression and they serve to let the government know the extent of bullcrap that people are willing to tolerate. Without riots blacks would still be in the back of the bus and oppressed.
At times maybe they were. But in this day and age, we shouldnt need them. And I dont want to see innocent people get hurt.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
Evenstar51 that's not the point if you look at this in a broad sense that's one concept , the reality is far different Sanford and Florida for that matter has been a time bomb since I moved there in 1970 , it has progressively gotten worse , it should have been left to old people and rednecks .

I am not saying your wrong but as I said I lived there 38 years , I would never venture to assume to tell you about where your from.

I will never return to Florida.

Sanford in a finite form has been and is like many small town in Florida it was full of KKK , the blacks there have always been much more then quite far more then you know or could understand I lived there , there were not just quite they are and were scared .

This is the good old boy club , no one except the rednecks really run the place as no one really cares deep down inside about it except the same rednecks that I am referring to.

The locals I assure you feel far different and long for the days of the KKK no Yankees and an of course quite blacks that live in fear , its the way here old people that live there see a black and they call the cops , cops that most times are locals and the pay for them is very low there , therefore they do enjoy using that power to abuse , harass and be little black kids and rich white kids , cops there see two things :

black kid nice car drug dealer - nail him.

white kid nice car spoiled rich kid - nail him .

They take the job for the power in small towns your a big shot if your a cop , a lawyer or judge end story , the outside world really does not count its your small circle that's it.

This is not a black thing as much as it could be you , your kid Zimmerman is more a symbol then just a racist he stands for a law that is and was wrong to start with.

If your shot its the persons word that's alive against your word and well dead men tell no tales , if your Fathers a judge well ? He knows the cops , if this was the first Florida had this happen well you would never see this kind of uproar but its not .

You see only the last gang of the old school rednecks are left there and they rule these little towns as no one in the right mind or intelligence would want them , there is nothing there .

The cops there in small towns will tell you we do what we want and I assure you they do often , you see cops there they call road toads as they drive a patrol car making 35,000 a year living in a 500,000 home and have a range rover and boat in their drive way , they must be finical wizards its just no one told them , you get the drift , you cant go to jail when no one talks and no one cares.

the list below does not reflect gov that would need or have any great love for Florida , the main goal for most kids that were born there is to get out . really

Born Richard Lynn Scott Current from the midwest.
December 1, 1952 (age 59)
Bloomington, Illinois, U.S.

Born John Ellis Bush
February 11, 1953 (age 59)
Midland, Texas

Not born there Texas he loves it always has.

[SIZE=2]Charlie Crist[/SIZE]

Born Charles Joseph Crist, Jr.
July 24, 1956 (age 55)
Altoona, Pennsylvania

Buddy Mackay last gov born there - he was in office 1998

Born Kenneth Hood MacKay, Jr.
March 22, 1933 (age 79)
Ocala, Florida

seogorilla, I understand completely. This part of Illinois is notorious for its racism, and has been for years. I live in a small town that had a Sunset Law on the books until the early '70s. Those of us who deviated openly from the racist mentality paid dearly for it. Sanford is just like this place;
filled with old racists and a healthy "good ole boy" network. A local doctor's son punched a young girl (15) repeatedly and burned her with cigarettes. No charges, but the girl had to have reconstructive surgery on her face. As a single mother I lived next to a man who threatened me repeatedly because I'd let the kids play baseball in our large front yard; when he shot out the windows on our garage I called the police; within 10 minutes the neighbor and his brother were busy doing some "housecleaning." I know exactly what you're saying, my friend. My friends who left here for good are amazed that I'm still here and still fighting; I lived and worked in St. Louis and in NM before returning, and have had a diverse group of friends over the years. It breaks my heart to think that you lived for so long with oppression and with fear: That is not the American promise. I pray that you're now in a place where you can live peacefully and without the small town circle of "power." As you say, such towns have too many old rednecks who are going down fighting, but going down nonetheless as the country changes. The few young people who've remained have a very different attitude, and give me hope for the future. I've lived long enough to see this town integrated with Blacks, Hispanics and Asians, and without a violent backlash. There are still many bigots, but they aren't the majority anymore. I thank God for that. I so appreciate your lengthy and clearly heartfelt post; I hope that my response has enough information to let you know that I understand what you've said, and that I agree without reservation. This place is far from perfect; I hesitate to put my new Obama sticker on the car because violence of some sort is a distinct possibility. But I will do it, rather than be "quiet" in the face of ignorance. I hope that your life is all that you dreamed of when you were stuck in such a terrible place, wanting to be away from it. I thank you once again for your post; I hope that it strikes a nerve with those who have no idea how oppressive and demeaning it is to live with the constant fear of being accosted, arrested or intimidated by people with such a mentality as may be found both here and in Sanford. I wish you happiness, peace and a life filled with love.

9,961 posts, read 17,543,900 times
Quote:
Did the paramedics fix his broken nose and give him a clean set of clothes as well? If so the police hopefully remembered to take a photo of him prior to that to corraborate what's in the police report--it's called "evidence".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
This^^^

After several controversial police shootings of suspects in Portland, there's now drug-tests for involved officer, review by a grand jury, invesigations with ballistic tests and so on--for fatal or non-fatal incidents. Yet some guy with a concealed weapon permit in Florida is basically above suspicion?
This should be standard procedure whenever anybody is killed by a cop or a civilian. We have courts to decide these things. The police should not decide them nor should Jesse Jackson. A fair and impartial Grand Jury should. That is what should have been done here in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies