Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 AM

754 posts, read 1,739,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
he called 911 because there was a suspicious individual in his neighborhood. if a suspicious individual attacks you, you would just lie down and take it?
I have seen many suspcious individuals, and the first thing on my mind is not to stalk them and engage them in an altercation. That is the fundamental difference.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
There did seem to be some family resembalance.

Quote:
The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

How hard is it to look at or read this and not have a negative image of the Black Community ? Wonder if Shawn had a little "Racism" in him ?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:38 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
How do you know this? How do you know that Martin was not walking around, heading towards his home, talking on his cell phone with his girlfriend, eating Skittles and drinking tea? How do you know he was casing the neighborhood? Because someone here said it?

Quote:
Sorry but you have it backwards. Martin was the one casing the neighborhood and Zimmerman was the one defending it and his life.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Sorry but you have it backwards. Martin was the one casing the neighborhood and Zimmerman was the one defending it and his life.
So walking down the street back to your parents house is now "casing the neighborhood"?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
The video is extremely blurry and you can't make a judgement call based on it.

Why would someone shoot another person if they didn't fear for their life?
This is pretty much what I was thinking. Could the shooting have been unreasonable? Absolutely.

But the idea that he intentionally sought out this kid and murdered him just doesn't add up to me. Why?

Who calls in 911 and gives them their own description and location prior to murdering someone?

Also, at no time did Zimmerman try to flee the scene, nor does it appear as if he ever attempted to select a secluded area to get away with it. It was right in the complex, visible and audible to everyone there.

This alone just logically tells me that it wasn't premeditated.

Could he have avoided this whole thing? Absolutely. He should have remained in his car and allowed the police to handle it. BUT if it is true, that Trayvon did attack him, then he has some leeway as to whether he had a right to defend himself. That's the only exception in my book. If he was truly in a fight and therefore exercised lethal force in order to avoid serious injury or death, then that is "self defense." IMO.

Either way, I'm reserving judgement or support until more facts are put out.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
This is pretty much what I was thinking. Could the shooting have been unreasonable? Absolutely.

But the idea that he intentionally sought out this kid and murdered him just doesn't add up to me. Why?

Who calls in 911 and gives them their own description and location prior to murdering someone?

Also, at no time did Zimmerman try to flee the scene, nor does it appear as if he ever attempted to select a secluded area to get away with it. It was right in the complex, visible and audible to everyone there.

This alone just logically tells me that it wasn't premeditated.

Could he have avoided this whole thing? Absolutely. He should have remained in his car and allowed the police to handle it. BUT if it is true, that Trayvon did attack him, then he has some leeway as to whether he had a right to defend himself. That's the only exception in my book. If he was truly in a fight and therefore exercised lethal force in order to avoid serious injury or death, then that is "self defense." IMO.

Either way, I'm reserving judgement or support until more facts are put out.
Important point...he should have stayed in his vehicle and he should have out and out asked the boy who he was (while in his vehicle) and telling the boy he was the neighborhood watch. He gave the boy no consideration. Why did he kill him you ask...many are speculating that his ego was the thing that was bruised while Trayvon Martin excercised his own right to "stand his ground".

A guy with a shaved head, no uniform or badge in an unmarked vehicle is stallking you with no verbal explantion as to why and the kid is supposed to be passive? Are you kidding me?

Sorry, but Zimmerman does not look like th bloody pulp he has wanted the public to believe he was after the murder.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Old man Zimmerman is a retired Republican judge....

Everything out of his mouth was a lie.....

"Got connections=got protection"

Now I know why the police treated Zimmerman so special!

The FBI may not care about the judge's influence.....let's hope.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Important point...he should have stayed in his vehicle and he should have out and out asked the boy who he was (while in his vehicle) and telling the boy he was the neighborhood watch. He gave the boy no consideration. Why did he kill him you ask...many are speculating that his ego was the thing that was bruised while Trayvon Martin excercised his own right to "stand his ground".

A guy with a shaved head, no uniform or badge in an unmarked vehicle is stallking you with no verbal explantion as to why and the kid is supposed to be passive? Are you kidding me?

Sorry, but Zimmerman does not look like th bloody pulp he has wanted the public to believe he was after the murder.
I don't disagree with several of your statements--heck probably most of them. However, in no defense to Zimmerman, I will say that some of this really just boils down to the actual confrontation; who put their hands on who first? Legally Zimmerman can front the kid verbally all he pleases as long as he isn't threatening him. Is he instigating the matter? Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily make him the "aggressor" either depending on how you look at it. Also, let's just suppose there was a scuffle, we still don't know if at any time Zimmerman could have exercised restraint without lethal force--we just don't know that. Maybe they did engage in a "fair fight" and maybe he just popped the kid out of frustration afterwords? There are just too many possibilities.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Quote:
I've seen plenty of fractured noses in boxing and martial arts with no swelling or bleeding.
sure and by inthenameofgod ..do you mean lucifier?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There did seem to be some family resembalance.

How hard is it to look at or read this and not have a negative image of the Black Community ? Wonder if Shawn had a little "Racism" in him ?
Some would say it's hard to read comments like yours and not have a negative view of the white coommunity. Wonder if you have a little racism in you? Aside from that...unlike Zimmerman they were arrested and sentenced to life in prison after a trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies