Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please explain to me and anyone else with a brain, why in the hell does anyone have to answer to some man who did not identify themself and btw is not a law enforcement officer? If I was walking somewhere and zimmerman would have approached me in an authoritarian manner with no creditials I proably would have told him where to go.

I guess in your eyes Trayvon was caught walking without his papers
When someone calls on the phone and asks me who they are speaking with...I get perturbed...I tell them you have entered MY space and realm via phone...It is up to the caller to identify themselves seeing they are on MY turf. Same as when someone comes to the door of MY house and asks me to identify myself..they are on MY turf...

With Zimmerman attempting to take authority over the area because he was a neighborhood watch guy...is a fortress mentality...Zimmerman is NOT guarding his own home..which is HIS turf...He was guarding a whole area and taking command of the whole hood...Much like some ghetto gangster..confronting another gang banger that wandered on to HIS block...Neighborhood watch is about looking out for other peoples kids and WATCHING....the hood...Citizens watch...law enforcement acts and enforces...Zimmerman took authority that was not his.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please explain to me and anyone else with a brain, why in the hell does anyone have to answer to some man who did not identify themself and btw is not a law enforcement officer? If I was walking somewhere and zimmerman would have approached me in an authoritarian manner with no creditials I proably would have told him where to go.

I guess in your eyes Trayvon was caught walking without his papers
Yes if some glorified mall cop was harrassing me, I'd tell him to f off. But if TM attacked GZ as GZ claims, then TM is in the wrong. You can not attack someone for being a jackass.

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
GZ didn't need a license to follow and question tm. Of course he acted within the law. If the whole issue is whether Zimmerman acted within the law when he pursued Martin, the answer is a big Yes.
But he was told not to do so by the police AND he was in violation of the neighborhood watch regulations

657 posts, read 697,879 times
I don't understand this. The guy follows this teen walking home, then shoots him. That's cold-blooded murder, yet the guy isn't arrested and is still walking around free? Only in the US of A I guess...

If anything like that happened over here, the guy would be charged with murder, no question about it. Because that's what it is.

169 posts, read 337,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
If Zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white he would have been in handcuffs in 30 seconds.
I don't know about that. What I do know:

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are
three times more likely.

Blacks are arrested more frequently than whites because blacks commit more crimes than whites.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Seems like you'd like to take the law into your own hands. Why don't you get a crowd of thugs together with a length of rope?
Zimmerman better stay hidden, the lynch mob mentality that's developed is horrifying. If someone did get to him they'd be held up as a hero. We've turned a strange page in this country.

(Sorry about the emoticons)

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
I don't understand this. The guy follows this teen walking home, then shoots him. That's cold-blooded murder, yet the guy isn't arrested and is still walking around free? Only in the US of A I guess...
Not sure which story you're referring to. The story this thread is focused on is the life-threatening attack of Zimmerman by Martin, and Zimmerman shooting Martin in self-defense. And for some reason, some people seem to think that defending your own life against a deadly attacker is a crime.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM

Below are a few statistics. These are FACTS, not opinions. Source: http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
• Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Fortyfive percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
• Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.

Statistically, Zimmerman had good sense to suspect the suspicious-looking Martin. This isn't racial profiling, it's good common sense.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Tell me, what would your response be. You are in a community that is not yours, so you're the outsider. Someone older than you and of a different race approaches and says "what are you doing here". Honestly, what would you do or say.

Hell, I have seen police officers not identify themselves of a different race jump out and attack young black males IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD!

[SIZE=3]Pittsburgh teenager sues over police beating[/SIZE]

And to answer your question honestly knowing the south's racial past and the history of the treatment of blacks, either run or prepared to be attacked.

Last edited by simetime; 04-03-2012 at 10:10 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,778,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes if some glorified mall cop was harrassing me, I'd tell him to f off. But if TM attacked GZ as GZ claims, then TM is in the wrong. You can not attack someone for being a jackass.
okay but shooting someone cuz ur getting ur ass kicked is total *****. if ur gonna confront someone at night and then in turn get attacked for it, u better man up and take ur beating like a champ. not a coward...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies