Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Did you not hear the cry for help? If you don't want your butt kicked you should not be following people either.
And GZ's claims (and one of the witnesses states) that it was GZ crying for help. Other witnesses say they know (even though they didn't see) that it was TM screaming. Conflicting eyewitness reports make it difficult to figure out what happened that night. I have stated before, that if that indeed was TM screaming for help, then GZ is a cold blooded murderer. And some guy being annoying and an idiot asking why you are in his neighborhood does not warrant an attack.

Quote:
Like I said before what reason would Trayvon have to attack zimmerman? If zimmerman was harassing him by following him around don't you think that Trayvon has the right to defend himself as well?
That's the point, he may have had NO reason to attack GZ other than he got pissed that GZ was being a Barney Fife wannabe.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
That's why I said *if* TM attacked GZ as GZ claimed. I don't KNOW what happened that night, and no one else posting in this forum KNOWS either. We can (and most likely will) go in circles with speculation and theories until, and even after this has been to court. There seem to be a majority of posters who either 1) are conivinced GZ is guilty, was a monster, and no matter what evidence comes out, they will still hold that belief, or 2) the TM was a thug, he was beating GZ to death, and that GZ was completely justified in shooting him. I don't think either one of them are squeaky clean, I think they both played a part in this situation, and that the truth is somewhere in between. I constantly go back and forth, because I see scenarios where it could go either way. I just don't know. It would be nice to see the autopsy report that shows if the bullet angle/velocity/etc. matches up with GZ's story, and if they did the same voice recognition test with a sample of TM's voice. I don't have my mind made up yet, and will continue to reserve judgement until more evidence comes out.
My probelm is still with the DA and his possible relationship with zimmerman's father and the police dept who would have buried the whole case if the media did not get involved. zimmerman without his father's interference would have been in jail and there is no doubt about it. Why has'nt he been charged with anything posted bail and had a court date? None of this would not have taken place.

From what I have noticed is that many whites have no real understanding as to amount racism that goes on towards blacks, and blacks feel like their lives as well as their childrens are marginalized through cultural conditioning. The racist are simply there to fuel the flames of racism, and the clueless.......well are just clueless

Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
I did not say anything about being suspicious, I said a white man standing near a child!

This incident some say is the spark that might start off some sort of racial war...They have it wrong..This was not a black and white conflict...It was an incident between - the haves and have nots..IT was a class thing..perhaps the spark that might start class riots- not racial ones...as we saw with the Wall Street hording and theft of wealth...the division between rich and poor...is increasing.

As was mentioned by myself earlier..The Zimmerman character was acting in his mind..on behalf of protecting property...of wealth...Zimmerman...not for one moment believed that the young man was their to kill or injure..In his pin head mind..This shooter was defending stuff...goods....money....not people...It was as if " How dare you come here and even think of stealing"--He believed he was stopping a potential theft...

This is going to get worse..as the rich get richer and the poor more desperate..there will be more Zimmermans firing away at spectors..they assume are about to steal...Zimmerman speculated and was firing at an idea..not a person-

Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
And GZ's claims (and one of the witnesses states) that it was GZ crying for help. Other witnesses say they know (even though they didn't see) that it was TM screaming. Conflicting eyewitness reports make it difficult to figure out what happened that night. I have stated before, that if that indeed was TM screaming for help, then GZ is a cold blooded murderer. And some guy being annoying and an idiot asking why you are in his neighborhood does not warrant an attack.

Voice analyst proved that it was Trayvon screaming. That being said, at what point is Trayvon still the attacker?

That's the point, he may have had NO reason to attack GZ other than he got pissed that GZ was being a Barney Fife wannabe.

zimmerman could have easily been high or drunk also, but like I said before thanks to Mayberry's police farce we will never know

Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Or, you can act like a civilized human being, call the cops and report the harrassment, instead of becoming violent and assaulting someone.

Call the cops..........and be treated like a criminal or a suspect. Maybe Zimmerman should have called the cops and listened to what they had said - "We don't need you to do that (chase the "suspect"). Zimmerman is wrong, period.

Quote:
. If you're being assaulted and have a legitmate fear of being killed or severely injured, you have a right to defend yourself. To say that you should take a beating and not defend yourself is asinine.
Yes, that's exactly what Trayvon Martin did. He defended himself against an aggressor, George Zimmerman.

Quote:
You don't want to take the risk of being shot? DON'T ATTACK PEOPLE.
Zimmerman caused the confrontation. Period.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Did you not hear the cry for help? If you don't want your butt kicked you should not be following people either. Like I said before what reason would Trayvon have to attack zimmerman? If zimmerman was harassing him by following him around don't you think that Trayvon has the right to defend himself as well?
If you kick butt, the other guy might have a gun. Killing you with the gun might not even be a crime.

Let's say tm and gz met, gz started to call the cops again. TM could respond by waiting patiently for the cops to come, or he might be so po'd at being hassled, he popped gz a good one on the nose.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Yes, because all cops are racists who wouldn't even respond to a black kid calling 911 because some creep is following him. Do you really believe this crap?
Enough of them are that I'd be reluctant to call the cops......they'd see me as the suspect and the creep rather than the one who is the actual suspect and creep.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Voice analyst proved that it was Trayvon screaming.
No, it didn't. I've already posted that the experts themselves who analyzed the call said they cannot be sure it wasn't Zimmerman. They also need to compare it to TM's voice. It was also stated that to have a definitive comparison you would need at least 10 words from each sample to compare. The one word of "help" isn't enough to be conclusive. Nothing was PROVED.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This incident some say is the spark that might start off some sort of racial war...They have it wrong..This was not a black and white conflict...It was an incident between - the haves and have nots..IT was a class thing..perhaps the spark that might start class riots- not racial ones...as we saw with the Wall Street hording and theft of wealth...the division between rich and poor...is increasing.

As was mentioned by myself earlier..The Zimmerman character was acting in his mind..on behalf of protecting property...of wealth...Zimmerman...not for one moment believed that the young man was their to kill or injure..In his pin head mind..This shooter was defending stuff...goods....money....not people...It was as if " How dare you come here and even think of stealing"--He believed he was stopping a potential theft...

This is going to get worse..as the rich get richer and the poor more desperate..there will be more Zimmermans firing away at spectors..they assume are about to steal...Zimmerman speculated and was firing at an idea..not a person-

This is very true, this the reason why the NRA/faux has become involved.......More gun sales!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Call the cops..........and be treated like a criminal or a suspect. Maybe Zimmerman should have called the cops and listened to what they had said - "We don't need you to do that (chase the "suspect"). Zimmerman is wrong, period.
Sure, attacking someone instead of calling the police for help is a much better solution. You're a genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, that's exactly what Trayvon Martin did. He defended himself against an aggressor, George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman caused the confrontation. Period.
That's what you BELIEVE. You weren't there, so you don't KNOW who was the aggressor who started the physical confrontation, nor do you know if GZ was trying to see where TM went to report to police and TM confronted him. Unless you were there and witnessed it, you're making crap up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies