Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Is'nt CNN also being accused of "creative editing" one of the audio tapes?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Is'nt CNN also being accused of "creative editing" one of the audio tapes?
No.

I urge you to educate yourself better on the facts of this case.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUdom5 View Post
So, if I report a suspicious-looking white dude, which would be my duty as a part of a neighborhood watch, I'm just being diligent. However, if I report a suspicious black dude, I'm a racial profiler.

If that's the case, it seems I'm being racially profiled as a racist white guy who racially profiles black folks. It's blatant discrimination against diligent neighborhood watchers if you ask me.

Statistics are statistics. If African American's don't like the statistics, they need to put forth a little effort to change them. The power is in their hands. Unfortunately, they put most of their time and energy whining about being racially profiled.

Yeah sure, If I seen a suspicious white guy I sure would call the police dept and tell them one of those "f*ck*ng c**ns" is acting suspicious and that they "always get away" before I go out and hunt them down.

And you are right about statistics, so if White American men don't like the statistics of them child molesting and mass murdering they need to put forth alot effort to change them.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No.

I urge you to educate yourself better on the facts of this case.
Thats funny I was going to suggest the same to you, and I wanted to add that you should better educate yourself on race relations in this country before you talk about how others should/should not react

Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thats funny I was going to suggest the same to you, and I wanted to add that you should better educate yourself on race relations in this country before you talk about how others should/should not react
You make absolutely no sense.

Please point out where in this thread I've spoken about how others should/shouldn't act in regards to race relations.

I'm waiting.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I believe it was his brother, with whom he was watching a ballgame on tv, who stated that Trayvon went to the store to get some skittles for him. I suppose it was just inexcusable for Martin to actually walk BACK from the store, huh?
I knew skittles and iced tea were near the body, but I didn't know it was the brother who mentioned tm going to the store and watching ballgame. The father didn't report tm missing until the next morning because he thought tm might have gone to a movie with his cousin.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. When these laws were being reported in local papers, I told a friend I was concerned this would lead to more justifiable homicides. (and it has) It was originally to protect someone who is in his home, car or feels threatened by deadly force. They often refer to is as "the line in the sand" where you "stand your ground" but in no way does it allow the person to follow someone. This is why the law doesn't apply to the Zimmerman-Martin case. However, some judges have ruled in favor of the shooter, based on a "perceived" threat. There was a case where 2 young men were killed and they never touched the shooter. He wasn't charged. In fact, one of the victims he shot was 20 feet away. However, he was in his own boat, if I remember correctly. Zimmerman wasn't at home or even near his residence.
You don't need a law to permit you to follow someone.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
When I was a youth, I was told not to talk to strangers & have since passed the same advice to my own children. Zimmerman cannot lay claim to authority, as he's not a police officer.
If I were into profiling (which I'm not) I would have to think Zimmerman escaped from a mental institution, and/or is a serial killer, based on his latest photo.
One has to wonder if Trayvon had the same thoughts when this strange man was following him?
That photo is creepy, I wouldn't want him stalking my daughter at night, esp. as he is armed. he looks unbalanced.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Rather live in a boring peaceful place then live in a place where you need a gun...There are immigrants from Mexico in Toronto...They like it...They are thrilled that they can wear gold around their neck in public and not get robbed...so what's wrong with that?
I, for one, actually think this country would be way better off if we adopted more of Canada's policies (including health care).

Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
HOAs in Florida are not really the best situation in general, many people have problems with them and "condo commandos" and over zealous "wannabe" cops. It seem GZ was one of these. Putting a gun in the hands of a person like that is NOT a place I would want to live.

The HOA we lived in, in S. Florida had rent a cops who made sure kids didnt get in fights at the pool and clubhouse, or steal soda from the vending machine. This should be the extent of their job.What is happening with these gun laws lately, it is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies