Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 04:14 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Then you must have read the rules which clearly state that at no time should a member of the Neighborhood Watch Patrol carry a weapon or approach a suspicious person. Do you know what the word w-a-t-c-h means?

You should not J walk either. Does not mean the bus driver can drop his club foot on the accelerator and take out the violator. It has nothing to do with it any more than looking cool to your friends.

The swing vote is who closed the distance to begin the brawling.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
According to Zimmerman's account, Trayvon attacked him after he reached for his cell phone so he could call 911 again. If this were true (and I personally don't think it is), wouldn't this fall under SYG since he could be reaching into for a weapon, which would have made Trayvon feel that his life was in danger? This always justifies police killing some person who was reaching for a driver's license or ID. There are so many holes in Zimmerman's story it is ridiculous that there are people here that hang on his every word and say that his words are facts. They keep saying that an eye witness saw Zimmerman getting beat, but ignore the eye witnesses who say Zimmerman was on top.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh for crap sake!

Obama was at a press conference announcing his nominee for the World Bank when he was asked to share his thoughts and stated:

“I’ve got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we’re not impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.”

So what do you suffers of ODD, key on?

“But, obviously, this is a tragedy,” he added, noting that we all have to “do some soul searching to find out why something like this happened.”

“I think every parent in America,” he said, “should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative to investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together — federal, state, and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.” He noted that he was glad that the Justice Department had stepped in to investigate the specifics of the case.

“But my main message,” he added, “is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And, you know, I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

Now that is one fraking damning statement condemning George Zimmerman

So show me in the above statement where he said anything in essence different from what you think would have been appropriate.
Thank you...it saved me valuable time, and you did a much better job than I would have. In fact, I already answered this poster on the same subject in the wee hours...and I hadn't forgtotten. Perhaps the poster did.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

The quotes from the so-called voice recognition experts
Must I repost Owen's vitas?

Quote:
Voice-wise, there isn't THAT big of a difference between a 17 year old and a 28 year old man.
And your expertise in this area is...?

Quote:
But the rampant - and sometimes downright INSANE - speculation is just plain nuts.
You were saying?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I didn't say broken bones or cartilage, in order for their to be bleeding there has to be broken skin or broken blood vessels, ruptured tissue. He clearly had been hit in the face, the police reported that his nose was bleeding.
Yes, but the reports coming from the Zimmerman defenders say that his nose was broken.

And I am saying that just because someone gets a nosebleed doesn't mean the nose is broken.

Just like his brother saying that Zimmerman was one head bang away from having to be spoon-fed for the rest of his life - all exaggeration in an effort to portray Zimmerman as the victim. For someone so close to having become a vegetable, he sure moves around that police station pretty easily.

Hell, I move more stiffly than that when I first get up in the morning.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
How do you know that those are the rules for Zimmerman's neighborhood watch group?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You should not J walk either. Does not mean the bus driver can drop his club foot on the accelerator and take out the violator. It has nothing to do with it any more than looking cool to your friends.

The swing vote is who closed the distance to begin the brawling.
I was only responding to the comment posted which was that, as a Neighborhood Watch Captain, Zimmerman was acting appropriately.

Read this interview with the coordinator for the Sanford Police who trained the neighborhood watch in Twin Lakes.

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/trayvon-martin-death-spotlights-neighborhood-watch-groups.html?pagewanted=all"]Shooting Focuses Attention on a Program That Seeks to Avoid Guns[/URL]

Here is some of the article:

She set up a visit for the next month at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community that had been dealing with a string of burglaries. When 25 residents showed up, a decent turnout, she had the residents introduce themselves; after all, people join the groups to look out for each other. She then gave a PowerPoint presentation and distributed a handbook. As she always does, she emphasized what a neighborhood watch is — and what it is not.

In every presentation, “I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police, “not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said. “We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”

Using a gun in the neighborhood watch role would be out of the question, she said in an interview.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, but the reports coming from the Zimmerman defenders say that his nose was broken.
I'm more than willing to stipulate that Zimmerman got a whole can of whoopass from Trayvon broken nose and all, but under Florida law he had every obligation to cry uncle before using deadly force.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Then you must have read the rules which clearly state that at no time should a member of the Neighborhood Watch Patrol carry a weapon or approach a suspicious person. Do you know what the word w-a-t-c-h means?

Obviously the rules don't apply for certain people. Apparantly George Zimmerman is an upstanding citizen despite his arrest record and Trayvon is a violent thug because he had an empty baggie, a screw driver and carved WTF into a locker - I mean what high school student carves things in lockers or writes on bathroom stalls...sheesh the nerve of him for breathing, walking to the store or buying a bag of skittles. The nerve of him for asking why a strange man in an unmarked vehicle is following him. He should have taken his hoodie off, made sure he didn't look Zimmerman in the eyes and bowed his head, answered every question "no suh I's just walkin' to the sto' to get me n my bruh a few snacks, I didn't mean no harm suh". Maybe he should've offered to dance a *** and made sure he kept his eyes on the ground as he walked back to the place he was visiting. How dare he not immediately submit to Zimmerman! /Sarcasm

This is truly sad that some people cannot see Trayvon Martin as a teenager. It is sad and obvious by some of the posts in here that they view him as subhuman and are looking for reasons to justify Zimmerman killing him. If he did not not have to do this, if there was not probable cause, Trayvon Martin's family deserves to see justice served for their child. The inability to feel empathy and compassion is truly a disgrace and there is nothing Godly about that. The nerve, the hypocrisy of some of these people in here that call themselves men/women of God to turn their back on a child of God. If it were their child, I am sure the would not simply accept Zimmerman's explaination and let it go so easily.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Martin was shot while on top of Zimmerman trying to wrestle the gun out of his hand.
Impossible.

He would have had blood on this clothing and he did not. And the boy was face down in the grass.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm more than willing to stipulate that Zimmerman got a whole can of whoopass from Trayvon broken nose and all, but under Florida law he had every obligation to cry uncle before using deadly force.
Can you imagine if every fight that resulted with a broken nose and some bruises ended with a deadly shooting? We wouldn't have any hockey players left in the NHL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies